• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition is Coming December 5th

Mista

Banned
Star-Wars-Battlefront-II-2.jpg

Following its release, there will be a free update adding new content based on the upcoming Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker. Players will be able to play co-op plus heroes vs. villains mode on an (as of now) unknown jungle planet from the film. Additionally, there will be two new classes to choose from for both the Resistance as well as the First Order. The Resistance will be receiving a gunner and spy class which will apparently feature two new alien species from The Rise of Skywalker. The First Order will get the Infiltrator class Sith trooper that dons a red suit of armor instead of the iconic white and the Jet trooper that play in an aerial reinforcement role. Lastly, Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren will get a new appearance based on their designs from the film that will be automatically included for adopters of the Celebration Edition.

In January, Capital Supremacy mode will be added on all mode maps of the sequel era (Episode VII, VIII, IX) as well as bringing in two new heroes. Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition releases digitally December 5 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC for $39.99 if you don’t already own the game. If you already do then you can purchase the Celebration Edition for a discounted price of $24.99.

RScrewed

Celebrating a great Christmas at the EA Shareholder's household!

Their stock rose from 95 to 100 during Thanksgiving, maybe If I invest in a few shares and it rises again I can offset the cost of playing their shitty tacked on gamemodes, simultaneously increasing the number of sales, inflating their stock price even more, and ....??? Free profit/Games????

Will that work? No?

Guess I'll have to pass.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
wow I legit thought the actual Battlefront II was getting some sorta rerelease

#Phonepunk#

Banned
really wish i could play along. i signed up for EA several months ago and they pulled all kinds of BS on me, I ended up getting my bank involved to cancel the service.

have fun yall but i'm not going anywhere near EA for a long time.

Reactions: Fuz
Wasn't all DLC supposed to be free for this and only microtransactions were supposed to be paid? I swore they made a big stink about that.

GHG

Gold Member
Celebrating all the money they made from lootboxes and microtransactions.

I'm so glad they are generous enough to invite paying consumers to the party as well.

Ain't no party like an EA party.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

royox

Celebrating all the money they made from lootboxes and microtransactions.

I'm so glad they are generous enough to invite paying consumers to the party as well.

Ain't no party like an EA party.

tenor.gif

Game has no lootboxes since more than 1 year and you could never pay for them. Microtransactions are only for stetic stuff that you can get via ingame income.

How is this game still relevant?

Has more players than at launch after all the improvements and free content they added. Clone wars maps, modes and heroes helped a lot. Playing as Grievous or Obi Wan is a blast.

MiguelItUp

All jokes aside, I've read it's a LOT better these days. They've made some pretty significant changes and have supported it quite a bit as well, I mean, clearly. I was curious to see what it's all about it as I appreciated the first game and this one for a bit, for what they were.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
$25 if you already own the game? What the fuck are you actually getting in that case? Just the Rise of Skywalker content?? Fuck you EA.

They still are, they are re-releasing the game and it includes all the skins that can be unblocked playing. People that has the game will acquire all the content dlc for free.

So you get the Rise of Skywalker stuff as an owner even if you don't buy this edition, but the $25 would just unlock a shitload of cosmetic stuff immediately? Still stupid.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Game has no lootboxes since more than 1 year and you could never pay for them. Microtransactions are only for stetic stuff that you can get via ingame income.

Wow, well then... that obviously calls for a celebration.

Good guy EA.

As if there was something to celebrate. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Have not played it but Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order seems like a very decent title. Not a good thing to remind people about this.

dan76

I think it's pretty good these days. I really like co-op mode and at least that mode is getting expanded with ST maps. Still waiting for an era select and the game will finally be something worthwhile when they add the OT to co-op. Era select with OT co-op, then you can abandon it DICE.

NickFire

For as much as EA acts like Palpatine towards gamers, they have done right with this game. The content drops have not stopped even after they had to back off early plans. I'm actually excited to go back to playing this with the new movie coming up fast.

NickFire

I'm shitting on EA for charging existing owners $25 for promotional content.
I'm aware that the game itself improved over time, and bought it on sale a while back for a reasonable price.
Unless I'm missing something it seems the $25 only gets you cosmetics without grinding. As far as I can tell the real content (maps, classes, etc.) is free.

keraj37

I payed like $80 for special ops edition or whatever the name was and I still didn't get enough out of it for that price, so how could they force me and others like me to buy that?

Last edited:

PsyEd

I used EA premiere to get the update for free. Also finished the over hyped Fallen Oder 100% in Jedi Grandmaster mode in matter of 4 days. Now using the membership to get deluxe editions for games like Crysis 2/3 etc and other pay to unlock guns in BF games. So good to get it for 1 month and then cancel it.

Not a bad update tbh...they fixed few day 1 issues./glitches/explooits...just took'em 2 years. Btw on PC the game still have cheats from day 1....so you know.

Phase

Unless I'm missing something it seems the $25 only gets you cosmetics without grinding. As far as I can tell the real content (maps, classes, etc.) is free.
It's so weird to me that people actually pay for shortcuts like these or in Battlefield. Half of the fun is unlocking everything through play.

Tygeezy

They are releasing free content. Why are we complaining? this is a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario. There is a lot to criticize dice and EA over but continuing to support a two year old game with free content isn't one of them...

Last edited:

manfestival

rule number one.
do NOT EVER BUY
any EA title before it drops below 20
I bought bf5 a week after release for $30 and it has been a great value. Also bought Battlefront 2 for $20 over a year ago and great times were had too.

Ironically this "Celebration" version is basically the version the game should have been on launch.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
The core gameplay is bad there is no amount of content that will fix that do not buy this game

spawn

Wasn't all DLC supposed to be free for this and only microtransactions were supposed to be paid? I swore they made a big stink about that.
The controversy was that the lootbox system was pay-to-win and EA was charging full price for the game at $60. All of the heroes and villains had abilities that would make them stronger that you could only get through lootboxes so if you paid real money for those lootboxes then you had a higher chance of unlocking those abilities instead of someone earning lootboxes through normal gameplay progression. Also, in order to play as certain heroes or villains you had to rack up enough credits in order to unlock them. For example, it was going to take you many hours to unlock Darth Vader or you could just pay real money to get those credits faster. There was one guy who calculated that in order to unlock all heroes and villians and to earn all of their abilities it would take something like 7 months of playing each day to earn them through normal progression.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
A celebration of what? Making a game worse than the original Battlefront II?

Top Bottom