• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition is Coming December 5th

Phase

A celebration of what? Making a game worse than the original Battlefront II?
giphy.gif

V4skunk

Banned
You can buy the original BF2 edition directly from Amazon for like £10-15.

Last edited:

dottme

Star-Wars-Battlefront-II-2.jpg

Following its release, there will be a free update adding new content based on the upcoming Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker. Players will be able to play co-op plus heroes vs. villains mode on an (as of now) unknown jungle planet from the film. Additionally, there will be two new classes to choose from for both the Resistance as well as the First Order. The Resistance will be receiving a gunner and spy class which will apparently feature two new alien species from The Rise of Skywalker. The First Order will get the Infiltrator class Sith trooper that dons a red suit of armor instead of the iconic white and the Jet trooper that play in an aerial reinforcement role. Lastly, Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren will get a new appearance based on their designs from the film that will be automatically included for adopters of the Celebration Edition.

In January, Capital Supremacy mode will be added on all mode maps of the sequel era (Episode VII, VIII, IX) as well as bringing in two new heroes. Star Wars Battlefront II: Celebration Edition releases digitally December 5 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC for $39.99 if you don’t already own the game. If you already do then you can purchase the Celebration Edition for a discounted price of $24.99.
$40 for a 2 years old game which wasn’t that successful. 😃

Virex

Banned
Celebrate what exactly? Have people forgotten what shit EA was willing to pull with BF II. BF II is the game that pushed micro transaction discussion into the mainstream. Even politicians got involved.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Gamers don't need this with all the DLC/Lootbox scandal but I'm sure crazy Star Wars fans will bite.

Aion002

Wasn't all DLC supposed to be free for this and only microtransactions were supposed to be paid? I swore they made a big stink about that.

Yeah I remember that too.

Now I am afraid that the supposed revival of Anthem will also be locked behind a paywall.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

Does anyone play this on pc?
I tried playing it with a friend a while back when we bought it for like 3$.

Got tired of it pretty quickly, the campaign is shit, multiplayer is just tryhards who grind the first kills to get Maul or Vader and then murder everyone else in seconds. Fun.

Top Bottom