• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II joins Call of Duty: WWII as PS+ games for June

49941946141_ae06765d0e_k.jpg

NickFire

Battlefront 2 is a great giveaway to those who don't have it. A lot has been added and system revamped since launch.

CyRuZ

Banned
And again a month where I already got both titles. Sony need to tackle this and give us a selection of games we can choose from.

Terce

I'm happy about this just so I don't have to keep using the disc anymore. BFII is a nice break every so often that looks great and helps me channel my inner stormtrooper as I suck at aiming with a controller

Numenorean

And again a month where I already got both titles. Sony need to tackle this and give us a selection of games we can choose from.

I'm pretty sure that PS+ free games are not for the people that buys the lastes games every month, because those gamers always are going to find that the PS+ free games are already in their library. PS+ free games are for gamers like me that barely buy games, either because can afford for it or because doesnt have enought time.

I for one, im very satisfied with evert month because every single game is new for me. Not all of them are for my taste, but all of them are new. For me PS+ is a real deal.

Reactions: Dis

mekes

Not my type of games unfortunately, but I can imagine most subscribers being fairly pleased with this.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Nice! One of the those games is actually good and the other one has Star Wars characters in it!

Last edited:

And then the selection of 10, you would also have and then you'd want to have at least 30 games to chose from each month etc. I have both and dont care, will still say its a great month for people.

You are paying for MP not for free games. They are just a bonus.

Portugeezer

Bought the version with all DLC during last holiday sales. Got my ass handed to me a couple of times online, then never played it.

Seemed like a good game though.

Justin9mm

I'm pretty sure that PS+ free games are not for the people that buys the lastes games every month, because those gamers always are going to find that the PS+ free games are already in their library. PS+ free games are for gamers like me that barely buy games, either because can afford for it or because doesnt have enought time.

I for one, im very satisfied with evert month because every single game is new for me. Not all of them are for my taste, but all of them are new. For me PS+ is a real deal.
Well the issue I have is that they are not really 100% free in the way that they are not giving the game to you, it's only playable as long as you have active PS+, so essentially this is where paying for a subscription like Gamepass ultimate is far better as you have a big assortment of free games to play except with PS+ they don't leave like Game Pass does after a while. Sony is really behind with this side of their service.

DelireMan7

Big games but I am not a fan of FPS.
I can go with Star Wars (by that I mean I'll maybe try it in few years).

CoD... I couldn't care less.

Let's see next month :)

mcz117chief

Everybody should try out Battlefront 2. It has improved so much it is truly incredible, the story is still trash though but the multiplayer is honestly the best FPS on Playstation right now. All the new classes and mods really added a lot to the game. You can play a Republic commando from the FPS Republic Commandos! You got the wrist blade, magazine fed assault rifle that transforms into a grenade launcher and even some of the animations were lifted from the game (or at least imitated). It is a fantastic game right now.

Meh, already have EAFront 2. Offline functionality is still extremely limited. Couch coop options are laughable.
COD is nice, I guess. Will play the campaign at least.

Last edited:

Roufianos

I may play them eventually for their singleplayer campaigns, but I'm in no hurry.

Haven't played WW2 but save yourself the time with BF2's campaign, it straight up feels like a movie tie in from the early 2000s.

The online is incredible though, the amount of variety is unreal.

Geki-D

Banned
I actually already have BF2 but pretty much only played the campaign then stopped. Might DL it just to check out the added MP stuff. What does this game have in terms of co-op stuff? Like just a type of horde mode thing, right?

Also back at release both these games came out at pretty much the same time, odd that they're following each other now on Plus. I remember playing WW2 then playing BF2 and being shocked at how bad BF2's campaign was compared to CoD. In WW2 the enemies duck, drive, take cover, lean out, move and what not. In BF2 the stormtroopers just generally stand there, still like traffic cones and shoot at you. And I played both of their hardest difficulty right off the bat. BF2 felt like CoD on very easy. Though as CoD games go, even on vet WW2 is pretty easy.

Good month.

I’d never buy either game, but I’m happy enough to give their single player modes at least a try, for what is effectively less than the price of a cup of coffee.

Well the issue I have is that they are not really 100% free in the way that they are not giving the game to you, it's only playable as long as you have active PS+, so essentially this is where paying for a subscription like Gamepass ultimate is far better as you have a big assortment of free games to play except with PS+ they don't leave like Game Pass does after a while. Sony is really behind with this side of their service.

They do have a similar service, its called PS NOW. That is the same type of service as gamepass. Xbox1 also has a monthly gold subscription that offers 2 "free" games just as PS does and is also required to be able to play multiplayer.

Gamepass is a completely different service which is $10 a month vs $50 a year. And same for xbox1, if you dont renew your Gold subscription those games wont be accessible.

SAME for even Gamepass:

"If your Xbox Game Pass subscription expires, the game will remain installed, but you won't be able to play it until you either resubscribe or purchase the game. You don't get to keep games you download via Xbox Game Passyou lose access to them when your subscription stops."

Stop spreading misinformation.

Tumle

PS NOW...
but great Microsoft plug! you will get your astroturfing card in no time ;)

With those 2 games you actually need PS+ to play them.

Aion002

Haters gonna hate, morons gonna moan. It's currently 20 bucks on Amazon.
I like the game.

But almost every week it was in some sale at the psn. I bought the first one plus this one for 8 bucks in an ea sale.

If someone really wanted this game, he had a lot of opportunities to buy it for really cheap....

But hey.... I agree with you... Haters indeed hate facts.... And moan when someone points them.

Vawn

Banned
Two games I have zero interest in ever playing, but I can still recognize this as a great month.

PS+ and Xbox Gold just don't do much for me. If I want to play a game, I'll buy it near launch - or whenever I feel like playing it. If I don't care enough to devote the money towards a game, I won't want to devote the time either. So, it is very rare there is ever a game I want on PS+, no matter what it is.

Are people really comparing GamePass to PS+ in this thread :messenger_neutral: It's like Games for Gold isn't a thing anymore.

I'll probably give them a try. Battlefront II actually had another content drop recently, been playing on PC, and it's much improved over those early loot box days.

nikolino840

Well if you like shooters with MT...
If it's a good month i don't want to read anything of bad against Cod and battlfront series...
(For me Is a good month for PS users becouse i like multiplayer shooters and i'm not upset by EA or microtransictions in general)

Kerotan

Cod ww2 campaign is top class.

Battlefront 2 as an overall package is top class too. Hopefully all those fruit loops who boycotted the game will play it now and realise what they missed out on.

Top Bottom