• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II Official Gameplay Reveal

Free content details as well as monetization plan:

Every player who owns Star Wars Battlefront II will have access to the same iconic characters, planetary conflicts, sleek starfighters, and epic space battles throughout the entirety of the post-release support period. This starts with the Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ Season coming this December, where all Star Wars Battlefront II players will get access to Finn, Captain Phasma, the new planet Crait, and more.

These new heroes will come with new Star Cards as well. Star Wars Battlefront II players will also be able to customize their favorite heroes and classes using Star Cards, which come in four rarities: Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Epic – all of which can be earned through play. Completing the in-game quests and challenges, taking part in events, and opening Crates can all grant Star Cards, which allow you to further customize your trooper, hero, and starfighter abilities.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/b...ews/star-wars-battlefront-ii-2017-post-launch

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Now THAT is a Battlefront game.

Love the beginning. Awesome trailer.

Jackpot

Banned
I am relieved that there are prequel vehicles instead of just characters.

I actually forgot how good prequel tech looks. Would much rather have a Clone Wars campaign than this pre-TFA one.

Mediking

Looks incredibly visually but I can't shake this boring feeling I get whenever I see this game.... like it's hype for only 30 minutes or something.

Theorry

bored042.gif

jelly

Trailer looks amazing but the game play brings me back down to earth. Good news about the free DLC though.

From some of the story trailer analyses around here I think the story in B2 might end up being really interesting to experience. Frostbite continues to look freaking amazing.

That was amazing. My only criticism is that the third person camera was too close on standard classes. It was perfect on special classes and heroes.

bombshell

Damn it looks great and a big improvement gameplay and variety wise on the first game. They said 3 times the content.

Oh man that looked good.

Looks like we have a single player campaign as well.

Looks like? That was known since the game announcement. We saw a story trailer sine time ago.

Delio

I'm glad classes are in. Now I can focus on buffing my friends while they gun people down with their better aim XD.

Van Bur3n

I liked what I saw. It's great seeing the Clone Wars again in these stunning visuals. As I said in the E3 thread though, kind of want to see more Clone Wars heroes rather than seeing the heroes of other time periods strangely being there.

But hey, but may not be there initially I suppose can be there as free DLC.

Oh, neat, free updates!

...Oh, god, loot boxes. :[

E: Trailer is fun, but sure has little-to-no actual gameplay for a "gameplay trailer", lol

Mugenjin

Incredible sounds and visuals as expected. I don't care for SP though. As long as it will have more content than the first BF it's an easy Day1 for me.

Raide

Good stuff. Crazy hectic but that's 40 players for you.

I heard them mention split-screen co-op but I am unsure if its that boring horde style mode they put in, or some actual co-op in MP.

Gunplay looks solid but they hardly showed off the classes and the differences between them. Hopefully that comes out soon.

These new heroes will come with new Star Cards as well. Star Wars Battlefront II players will also be able to customize their favorite heroes and classes using Star Cards, which come in four rarities: Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Epic – all of which can be earned through play. Completing the in-game quests and challenges, taking part in events, and opening Crates can all grant Star Cards, which allow you to further customize your trooper, hero, and starfighter abilities
Ehhhh.... not sure about this.

Enthus

Now I have the same dilemma as the first one, do I buy on PC for better graphics, or on PS4 for a much larger community? I imagine the population will be better on PC this time around since there won't be a paywall separating players.

Great trailer. I liked the ''first'' Battlefront more than most and I think this will end up being much better. And I don't even particularly care about the story campaing.

Realyn

Looked pretty amazing but throughout the trailer i kept thinking "nope, no way this level of visuals makes it to consoles" over and over again. Really great graphics and framerate for a pre alpha.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'll probably buy this.... very close to release. Looks like real SW Battlefront which we've been waited for 12 fucking years. I'm glad I didn't even bothered to play the first one.

Not bad at all but as I said in the EA thread, physics and destruction are missing.

Trees didn't get blown away, hell they didn't even move at all. Pillars and other things were being shot at by weapons and aircrafts and there didn't seem to be a shred of destruction.

Hope this changes because I could swear we can destroy all kinds of stuff in Battlefield 1 and trees and stuff aren't static there.

Raide

Not bad at all but as I said in the EA thread, physics and destruction are missing.

Trees didn't get blown away, hell they didn't even move at all. Pillars and other things were being shot at by weapons and aircrafts and there didn't seem to be a shred of destruction.

Hope this changes because I could swear we can destroy all kinds of stuff in Battlefield 1 and trees and stuff aren't static there.

I am hoping the Pre-Alpha notice on the footage shows its still in early phase.

Battlefront 1 didn't have destruction as well iirc. Don't see why they would start doing it now.

Basically erotic how pretty those graphics are. Holy wow.

erotic

edit: "graphics representative of playstation experience"? Hrmmm. No FB games on consoles have used the all-surface SSR before, and this footage was chalk full of it. Not sure if I believe that statement.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Trailers always look good but the original Battlefront was meh, just another multiplayer game. What's important over multiplayer is the story mode campaign.

Top Bottom