• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront III for Xbox 360 leaked

GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE
DEVKIT BOOTUP FOOTAGE
CHARACTER SELECTION + GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE
7f5aae52fd.png
emPjyIu.png
gdXX3VM.jpg
dN2vAO8.jpg
S9fST0P.jpg
PTBehsV.jpg
aPhl2VA.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...wars_battlefront_iii_build_70217_360_release/
Hi all, first and foremost I am not much of a Star Wars fan, but I do take interest in prototype games and this is no exception I want to apologize for my name, as it was the name given to me from 4chan to ensure they know who I am when I post this . After a lot of work I managed to get my hands on Star Wars Battlefront III and wanted to share the infamous cancelled game that I'm sure many of you wanted to play. I know not everyone will get the chance to play this immediately, but over time I expect the modding community to be able to change that.

The game build works on Xbox 360 Development kits, XNA kits, Test kits, and any 360 that can use RGLoader (which makes it be treated like a Development kit) so if your 360 is modded you can get it working via RGLoader.

Some important notes -Xenia the 360 emulator will crash if you use it. It may work in the future but for now it does not. -Default.xex and bf_gold.xenon.xex act the same as far as I can tell but I'm likely wrong. -When booting you'll get a purple screen. It's cool just hit the Start button and wait a moment and you'll get to the title screen. -Expect poor framerate. -Expect bugs. -Expect crashes/freezing. -Expect anything I didn't list here.

Here's a screenshot of the build's titlescreen once loaded: http://puu.sh/mD5iw/7f5aae52fd.png

I have made both a Mega upload and a torrent for this build. I would prefer you use the Mega link unless you wish to use the torrent to seed. I will not be uploading the game to Mega again after it's been removed (if it will be), so once the link is down there use the torrent.

The game build: [removed]

The torrent: [removed]

I am currently processing a short video of the game once booted, and will post or edit when the link is available.

I hope you all have a nice time with this, some may be mad at me but the story behind this build is a disaster and not releasing it will cause more issues than anything else.

holy shit
why did this have to die. whyyyyyyyy
i want this way more than ea's battlefront
hopefully, now that modders have access to this, we might not have seen the end of this? maybe?
didn't post the links to the download as i'm assuming that'd be considered piracy

guy who leaked it claims the devs are holding onto a pc version still, no leak. never had a ps3 version.

blast if old

If this is the same one that's been streamed by PToPonline, it's not really all that functional as an actual game, but it is certainly neat.

edit: corrected the name

Borman

Borman, thoughts?

Its real, and Im happy to say I had nothing to do with it so EA/Disney, no need to go after me hah. Same build as the one I had, but the source I procured it from was dishonest and sold it to multiple people, who then sold and traded to multiple people. So it has been inevitable since I first showed the game.

It will only really work on 360 development kits. And it doesn't work well.

It is from around 8 or 9 months before the game was canned. I believe it was pulled off a Rebellion development kit, where they had the game to do what became Elite Squadron. More work was done, and my later PC footage shows that (which Ive removed temporarily for my own safety in this case). The game was still anywhere from 4-8 months out at best even from that point, possibly more depending on who you talk to.

The source isn't necessarily right about the PC build part, and Ive talked to him about that in the past. Ive had 0 confirmed PC builds outside of now-Crytek, only one fishy thing that could have been done with leaked assets from this build.

There is no source code. Modders will have a terrible time trying to finish what developers couldnt finish even with source code. But no one ever believes me when I point out those issues :p

I do think there are a lot of goodies hiding in this build if someone takes a look at the file archive format, but nothing that will be mindblowing. Should be similar to Haze and TimeSplitters, but I never finished researching it.

Its real, and Im happy to say I had nothing to do with it so EA/Disney, no need to go after me hah. Same build as the one I had, but the source I procured it from was dishonest and sold it to multiple people, who then sold and traded to multiple people. So it has been inevitable since I first showed the game.

It will only really work on 360 development kits. And it doesn't work well.

It is from around 8 or 9 months before the game was canned. I believe it was pulled off a Rebellion development kit, where they had the game to do what became Elite Squadron. More work was done, and my later PC footage shows that (which Ive removed temporarily for my own safety in this case). The game was still anywhere from 4-8 months out at best even from that point, possibly more depending on who you talk to.

The source isn't necessarily right about the PC build part, and Ive talked to him about that in the past. Ive had 0 confirmed PC builds outside of now-Crytek, only one fishy thing that could have been done with leaked assets from this build.

I do think there are a lot of goodies hiding in this build if someone takes a look at the file archive format, but nothing that will be mindblowing. Should be similar to Haze and TimeSplitters, but I never finished researching it.
Wonderful, thanks for the synopsis.

Borman

I wont spend a whole lot of time talking about the game at this point, but Ill be happy to pop in from time to time. Most of what can be said about the game has been said at some point by myself or others involved.

Rudiano

Banned
20 maps from the alpha:

Tatooine
Cato Nemoda
Desolation Station
Hoth
Yavin
Yavin IV
Endor
Dathromr
Mustafar
Kashyyk
Death Star II
Star Destroyer
Invisible Hand
Republic Acclamator
Cis Munificent
Rebel Nebulon-B
Imperial Interdictor
Old Imperial Shipyard
Beam Laser Transport
Droid Control Ship

20 f*cking maps!!!!

According to the Eurogamer interview with some former head of Free Radical, BF3 was never "basically done". It was playable, but still needed a lot of work. I see nothing impressive in these screen shots to be honest.

LewieP

I'd be more interested in a leak of the Rogue Squadron collection for the Wii, but this is neat too.

I have no way of playing it, kind. Shame there is no PC/PS3 leak.

Hatchtag

Banned
You can see a vehicle in the map, and actually get in that vehicle.
This is already significantly better than what we got.

20 maps from the alpha:

Tatooine
Cato Nemoda
Desolation Station
Hoth
Yavin
Yavin IV
Endor
Dathromr
Mustafar
Kashyyk
Death Star II
Star Destroyer
Invisible Hand
Republic Acclamator
Cis Munificent
Rebel Nebulon-B
Imperial Interdictor
Old Imperial Shipyard
Beam Laser Transport
Droid Control Ship

20 f*cking maps!!!!
not quite the 4 we got this year

20 maps from the alpha:

Tatooine
Cato Nemoda
Desolation Station
Hoth
Yavin
Yavin IV
Endor
Dathromr
Mustafar
Kashyyk
Death Star II
Star Destroyer
Invisible Hand
Republic Acclamator
Cis Munificent
Rebel Nebulon-B
Imperial Interdictor
Old Imperial Shipyard
Beam Laser Transport
Droid Control Ship

20 f*cking maps!!!!

Battlefront really needs a space station map, whether it be the death star or star destroyer, i wanna look out and see space and shit.

Delio

20 maps from the alpha:

Tatooine
Cato Nemoda
Desolation Station
Hoth
Yavin
Yavin IV
Endor
Dathromr
Mustafar
Kashyyk
Death Star II
Star Destroyer
Invisible Hand
Republic Acclamator
Cis Munificent
Rebel Nebulon-B
Imperial Interdictor
Old Imperial Shipyard
Beam Laser Transport
Droid Control Ship

20 f*cking maps!!!!

Just makes me sad.

Eggbok

Better than Battlefront EA.

Sequel by the original developer vs a reboot by a different developer.
Which do you think will be better? :p

20 maps from the alpha:

Tatooine
Cato Nemoda
Desolation Station
Hoth
Yavin
Yavin IV
Endor
Dathromr
Mustafar
Kashyyk
Death Star II
Star Destroyer
Invisible Hand
Republic Acclamator
Cis Munificent
Rebel Nebulon-B
Imperial Interdictor
Old Imperial Shipyard
Beam Laser Transport
Droid Control Ship

20 f*cking maps!!!!

See if they were allowed to make this game post Disney it likely wouldn't have this many maps either way.
Scratch out all the Clone Wars stuff and what you didn't see in the ot.

20 maps from the alpha:

Tatooine
Cato Nemoda
Desolation Station
Hoth
Yavin
Yavin IV
Endor
Dathromr
Mustafar
Kashyyk
Death Star II
Star Destroyer
Invisible Hand
Republic Acclamator
Cis Munificent
Rebel Nebulon-B
Imperial Interdictor
Old Imperial Shipyard
Beam Laser Transport
Droid Control Ship

20 f*cking maps!!!!

To be fair, Dice's Battlefront focuses on the OT, and games were much cheaper to develop for back then. And who knows how many of these maps would have gotten through Beta.

Also, you gotta pay money for more maps nowadays. :p

Timu

20 maps from the alpha:

Tatooine
Cato Nemoda
Desolation Station
Hoth
Yavin
Yavin IV
Endor
Dathromr
Mustafar
Kashyyk
Death Star II
Star Destroyer
Invisible Hand
Republic Acclamator
Cis Munificent
Rebel Nebulon-B
Imperial Interdictor
Old Imperial Shipyard
Beam Laser Transport
Droid Control Ship

20 f*cking maps!!!!
That is indeed epic.

20 maps from the alpha:

Tatooine
Cato Nemoda
Desolation Station
Hoth
Yavin
Yavin IV
Endor
Dathromr
Mustafar
Kashyyk
Death Star II
Star Destroyer
Invisible Hand
Republic Acclamator
Cis Munificent
Rebel Nebulon-B
Imperial Interdictor
Old Imperial Shipyard
Beam Laser Transport
Droid Control Ship

20 f*cking maps!!!!

BUT IT WAS SAID TO BE IMPOSSIBLE

Maybe one day we'll get something closer to the original, but it's hard to imagine it'll be from EA. After the huge success of SWBF2015 they'll probably be content with churning out similar sequel after sequel.

Hell, port SWBF2 to modern consoles and I would buy it instantly.

Tookay

BUT IT WAS SAID TO BE IMPOSSIBLE

You realize that this game didn't get released right?

And that none of these assets are at the fidelity of EA Battlefront?

And that making graphics at this fidelity is easier and cheaper than this current generation?

It's a cute cheap shot, but it makes no sense.

You realize that this game didn't get released right?

And that none of these assets are at the fidelity of EA Battlefront?

And that making graphics at this fidelity is easier and cheaper than this current generation?

It's a cute cheap shot, but it makes no sense.

You're exactly right, it's too expensive to make good games with map variety nowadays.

That's why this is a tragedy.

Drayco21

This is the Battlefront game I wanted; looks significantly better than EA's game. The idea that the unfinished alpha build of the classic style Battlefront has more content in it than the new one is kind of hilarious.

Hopefully the new Battlefront 2 has a single player campaign again, and both Clone Wars and New Trilogy era stuff in it, to fill the void, but I doubt it.

Top Bottom