• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront: Leia, Han, and Palpatine Join the Battle

22305452232_f5db344de4.jpg

Leia is a character that succeeds through her fearless, strategic mind. We can all remember moments when her quick-thinking blaster fire helped the Rebels out of trouble. Our goal for all the Hero characters has been to capture their essence and spirit from the original Star Wars film trilogy, and then convey that through gameplay. Doing that is more straightforward with characters wielding Lightsabers and Force abilities; it’s obvious how to build gameplay around those things. Leia was trickier in that regard since she doesn’t have a specific, favorite weapon, so we had to represent her in another way.

22131567689_cc5338033c.jpg

It’s been incredibly fun to work on Han Solo for Star Wars Battlefront. He’s such a likeable character, and turning his unique persona into gameplay features is a thrill when you’re a Star Wars fan. We’ve also witnessed the love for this character in our playtests. Han’s sardonic lines and emotes seem to put a smile on everyone’s face.
Gameplay-wise, Han Solo is a gunslinger mainly designed for lone wolves and, echoing the beginning of the original Star Wars trilogy, he’s not very dependent on others. Similar to a Rebel trooper, but with a greatly boosted arsenal, Han Solo might be the easiest Hero character to get into. Offensive output, damage, and mobility — that’s what this guy’s about.

22130383700_c3345b0ecf.jpg

Based on how he’s been characterized and how he plays, Emperor Palpatine might be my personal favorite character in Star Wars Battlefront. But getting to that point has been a challenge.
We wanted many different things with the Emperor. We wanted him to be very mobile, but also about deception and fooling people that he’s fragile and weak. As you’ve seen in the original Star Wars trilogy, Palpatine pretends to be a weak old man, when he in fact is extremely powerful. That two-faced side was something we wanted to convey in gameplay and the Emperor’s abilities.

Blogpost with character descriptions

CRxb0DhUYAASLVk.jpg:large

Edit: For completion.
image_0.img.jpg

rendition1.img.jpg

Edit2:

Edit3: Better look:

rendition1.img.jpg

rendition1.img.jpg

rendition1.img.jpg

lock if old.

Can't wait. I want to know if all the heroes will have a chance of being a pick up or if you can set which hero you want to have when you pick it up.

Rymuth

Gonna be funny to see Palpy waddle around the battlefield. Just keep him away from bottomless pits.

Also, Han's model...bordering on uncanny valley.

This thread came first, by just a hair. Same minute, could only tell by the quoted post number.

Anyway, the models look really good. I especially like Palpatine.

Tizoc

Will every line the Emperor says feature the words 'Dark Side' in them?
Cuz that's all he ever says in Return of the Jedi :V

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
They look absolutely amazing just like in the movies.

Click on the blog to see them in high-res.

Btw. OP, you forgot Vader.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Added it for you, he wasn't mentioned in the blogpost.

No need to be an ass, you added Luke but he wasn't mentioned in the blog so i thought you wanted to add all announced Heroes & Villains for the sake of completion.

Top Bottom