• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
are the new weapons worth a damn? i mostly run the e11

I can only comment on the free stuff.

The new pistol, DL-18 is pretty good, provided you can keep target centered and have fast trigger finger. But the range is limited, so it isn't as suitable for general use like the E-11 is. Explosive Shot boosts DL-18's power considerably. (Of course, if you use Explosive Shot, just use the SE-14C which is even better with Explosive Shot...)
Overall, the weapon is a bit like the DL-44 pre-nerf though not identical.

The new targeting rifle, DLT-19X is... kinda bad. It is basically a bolt-action rifle, it has high power but can only fire one shot before cooling... slowly. Unfortunately, it suffers from too slow bolt. It can kill with one body shot at short range like the Cycler Rifle but requires a headshot at further distance. But it is pretty difficult to get those, and with slow cooling, it isn't suitable for short range combat and barely works at medium range. It is pretty awesome if you can hit with it but it doesn't really offer anything over T-21, T-21B, Pulse Cannon or Cycler Rifle.

Thanks for the replies!

Want to know whats awesome? Getting reset to level 1! Cool! It kept my current loadout and lvl 50 character, but everything else is locked again lol

Nothing quite like hightailing it out of a bad firefight with personal shield then kiting an enemy down a hallway until the shield runs out and you can blow them away with scatter gun. Hate mail ensued.
sjsjEP3l.jpg

Why is this game's damage model so goddamn shitty and random?

- I spawn in an AT-ST on Endor. Smart rocket hits the FRONT and does 90% of my health. Since when does it do fucking 90% from the front? It doesn't even do 90% from the fucking back.

- I got hit by a panic (uncharged it seemed even, even if it was charged it's ridiculous BS) pulse cannon while I was Han Solo. It hit me for 45%.

Seriously, did I toggle some kind of handicap BS or?

Meh, that's it. Fucking done with this game for a while. Spawn me in front of Luke 4 times in a row? Unbalanced teams every fucking game. I have to pump a million shots into a guy and he just turns and caps me right away, right.. what a joke.

Kovet

do you have any infantry gameplay? watching hero kill streaks or vehicle killstreaks is not that enjoyable to watch imo. is it fun stomping on kids with the at at though? looks boring to me cuz it seems like shooting fish in a barrel. try to get some huge scorelines on the smaller modes like DZ and post those videos, although those modes are more prone to kids quiting on the opposite team. Also while i personally enjoy no facecam most successful streamers seem to really be internet personalities almost like radio hosts who use there speaking skills to retain viewers. Its not for everyone.

PrankT

^I miss the 8v8 drop zone SO much. The only small mode I like now is 8v8 droid run, which I can only play for one match before it cycles out. Everything small should be 8v8.

Kovet

^I miss the 8v8 drop zone SO much. The only small mode I like now is 8v8 droid run, which I can only play for one match before it cycles out. Everything small should be 8v8.

I really hope the new patch restores 8v8 dropzone or even better makes it 10 v 10 like blast. if so ill finally be able to get 4 or 5 consecutive 50+ spreads. however as it is now at 6v6 it seems like the lower player count highlights one teams dominance over the other imo.

I really hope the new patch restores 8v8 dropzone or even better makes it 10 v 10 like blast. if so ill finally be able to get 4 or 5 consecutive 50+ spreads. however as it is now at 6v6 it seems like the lower player count highlights one teams dominance over the other imo.

Dropzone is all about capturing droppods, so why is it so important to get huge kill streaks in these objective based modes?

Never thought someone would message me telling me to fight them irl after taunting in a cargo match.

Accept the challenge, but only if he agrees to a toy lightsaber duel.

Palpable

do you have any infantry gameplay? watching hero kill streaks or vehicle killstreaks is not that enjoyable to watch imo. is it fun stomping on kids with the at at though? looks boring to me cuz it seems like shooting fish in a barrel. try to get some huge scorelines on the smaller modes like DZ and post those videos, although those modes are more prone to kids quiting on the opposite team. Also while i personally enjoy no facecam most successful streamers seem to really be internet personalities almost like radio hosts who use there speaking skills to retain viewers. Its not for everyone.

I play cargo often and wreck people for the most part. I just can't imagine people would want to see uploads of that. I could do infantry in the bigger modes, but it's next to impossible to get the streaks I normally get like that.

Kovet

Dropzone is all about capturing droppods, so why is it so important to get huge kill streaks in these objective based mode.

I think it creates enjoyable gameplay personally. I didn't say it was important but it does help you win significantly when you stop your opponents from playing the objective. If you play blast getting that many kills is almost impossible due to the score limit and drop zones objective focal point and structure leads to the ability to predict enemy routes and engage in more firefights if you know the maps well enough.

Ozorov

So is the dlc worth the price?

It's a good DLC if you like small modes and the new mode is nice.

Both Greedo and Nien Nunb is awesome.

Scatter Gun is awesome.

Relby V-10 is okey.

Hopefully the patch will fix the playlist, which is kinda dumb atm.

Scatter Gun is awesome.

Relby V-10 is okey.

Yeah I just wanna play extraction over and over again

Scatter Gun is awesome.

Relby V-10 is okey.

And don't forget the maps, they're really awesome as well.

I think it creates enjoyable gameplay personally. I didn't say it was important but it does help you win significantly when you stop your opponents from playing the objective. If you play blast getting that many kills is almost impossible due to the score limit and drop zones objective focal point and structure leads to the ability to predict enemy routes and engage in more firefights if you know the maps well enough.

YKypDIKxXXfDq.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I dunno if it's just been a string of terrible luck, but every single Supremacy game I've played on Sullust as Rebels has ended in a total wipeout.

Consider how fast many weapons kill in Battlefront it doesn't seem particularly useful. Most of my kills ate done without taking any damage from the enemy.

Mr_Nicholas_B

Neo Member
Just started playing this on PC and often get rolled by large parties in matches. Any folks here teaming up/doing voice chat? If so shoot me a request... Origin: Wagyu_Empanada

Woorloog

Banned
Large parties? I swear i never see large parties on PC. Largest i've seen has been maybe 4 people, and that's only twice.
At least, this is judging from the overall level of coordination. Which is kinda poor.

I've done a complete 180 on the beserker trait, its probably going to be my go to for small modes. The only issue I have is that its not really too useful in the first two levels and really needs to have a limited amount of damage resistance bonus that builds over time like the damage. As it is I really only get a benefit from it when I hit level 3 and can manage my health with the stim pak a lot easier.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Berserker also causes healing to start slower, so it's a tradeoff.

Good point.

Popped in The Empire Strikes Back yesterday and oh man, Bespin DLC is going to be so awesome. I just know it.

Besides the Death Star, it is my most anticipated of the announced. I loved how it looked in JKII on the modified Quake 3 engine... so I can only imagine how good it is going to look on their version of Frostbite!

MADGAME

I really hope the upcoming patch changes the location of item pickup notification. Deaths due to the player's sight being blocked are so lame.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I really hope the upcoming patch changes the location of item pickup notification. Deaths due to the player's sight being blocked are so lame.

I wish we had a HUD transparency/opacity slider, or at least shrink that shit down and move it to the bottom of the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom