• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovet

Ive been busy playing Dark souls 3 and decided to get on and play with a friend. i unlocked the beserker trait after my first game and on my first game with it i went 78 - 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XTqlmg0Cs

How the fuck did this get through testing? im just camping on jawa refuge and im practically invincible. if i get hit with a pot shot i can instantly rain death for like 10 seconds because damage drop off becomes practically non existent. i literally have a 75 kill streak here its bullshit. im aware that these players arent too good but still this is ridiculous for a map like jawa refuge. im not sure if its better than scout for the small game modes (assuming your playing against a good team) but it certainly is unfair imo. thoughts?

I agree that its busted atm. At least the first two levels aren't too bad where you still take full damage so you can get taken out if you aren't careful. They should really just nerf the damage increase a lot and give you a little blaster damage decrease each level instead of only on level 3 (Not up to 50% though jesus). The extra wait for healing is a bit too much because it basically forces you to use the stim pack card to counterbalance.

If they'd only focused on the larger game modes, I probably wouldn't be playing this anymore. They're fun to jump into occasionally but I just find them too chaotic a lot of the time.

The next Mappack will focus on the big modes :)

That's ironic coming from you.

Whats up with you snarky comments sometimes? Have a problem? Send me PM srsly.

Im going to put you on my ignore listnow. You just quote my comments to vituperate. And im not in that age anymore.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Patch is happening in early May.

My bet? a patch and whatever content they have planned for May the 4th, all in one.

Bt disappointing as the DLC launched ages ago for season pass holders and it's been broke since then,
Wonder what they will drop on May 4th? New maps or extraction on all maps?

RyanW

The next Mappack will focus on the big modes :)

Whats up with you snarky comments sometimes? Have a problem? Send me PM srsly.

Im going to put you on my ignore listnow. You just quote my comments to vituperate. And im not in that age anymore.

No snark, just truth, but if you want to play the innocent victim then that's fine. I, and I assume many others, just found that post ironically funny seeing as how any time someone wants something from the old games for that "Battlefront feel" you basically tell people to stop living in the past and when people explain to you why they want it you just ignore them(mine included so I just don't post to push your buttons).

And don't bring the whole "I'm being insulted or blamed" I've seen your twitter and how you act and feel towards other people and games when you're not being moderated.

d58781c9eda4fc11861d10e4e9af013f.jpg

No snark, just truth, but if you want to play the innocent victim then that's fine. I, and I assume many others, just found that post ironically funny seeing as how any time someone wants something from the old games for that "Battlefront feel" you basically tell people to stop living in the past and when people explain to you why they want it you just ignore them(mine included so I just don't post to push your buttons).

And don't bring the whole "I'm being insulted or blamed" I've seen your twitter and how you act and feel towards other people and games when you're not being moderated.

S T A L K E R

Hey jumper, if you only want a focus on large modes because it's true to "the Battlefront feel" then I guess you've changed your mind on having offline Instant Action too?

5taquitos

I still can't believe they're just letting all of these bugs sit until the May patch. Especially with more new players coming in with TFA, it's not a good look.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Thank you both. I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger on the Outer Rim dlc. :)
Did you not read above you? You get an exclusive emote with the season pass. Imagine, pulling off an impossible shot and then, with your whole team looking on in disbelief you trigger an exclusive emote.

Lrrr

Did you not read above you? You get an exclusive emote with the season pass. Imagine, pulling off an impossible shot and then, with your whole team looking on in disbelief you trigger an exclusive emote.

new-lol-gifs.gif

I know you're being sarcastic. ;)

Good (gooooood..). I had my doubts about the playerbase at launch, but hey, it's Star Wars.

Aye

but to be fair, DICE are not doing any favours by allowing SWBF stats to exist, the website isn't accurate, but they are pulling numbers from somewhere, but where?

and then we have people, very ill informed people using peak stats as a basis for population numbers, yes, it can be used as a momentary snapshot but nothing more.

RyanW

Ending this OT off with some speculations and what ifs.

Do you guys ever think they'd drop a new map on an update from a new planet. Imagine on May 4th they give us a Yavin IV Walker Assault map or a Fighter Squadron map in space like in the remains of Alderaan.

Do you guys ever think they'd drop a new map on an update from a new planet. Imagine on May 4th they give us a Yavin IV Walker Assault map or a Fighter Squadron map in space like in the remains of Alderaan.

Maybe the odd Starcard and skin, but I don't see them doing anymore free maps.
Then again, maybe they'll surprise us with something, but it will not be a new planet me thinks.

Aye

but to be fair, DICE are not doing any favours by allowing SWBF stats to exist, the website isn't accurate, but they are pulling numbers from somewhere, but where?

and then we have people, very ill informed people using peak stats as a basis for population numbers, yes, it can be used as a momentary snapshot but nothing more.

Or DICE could, you know, be lyin~

5taquitos

No way. There aren't going to be any more free maps. The free maps we got were being worked on before and directly after launch, the only new maps now will be DLC.

Played a few games today and I hadn't played after they added in the Berserker trait. Can't say I like having a trait improve blaster power without knowing what's going on. It also, in my opinion, throws off the weapon balance.

I haven't used it myself so far, as I can't fathom dropping scout. But still, it was nice to have traits open up all kinds of playstyles without having to rely on 'increase weapon damage by X' and now they have gone and done exactly that.

RyanW

Maybe the odd Starcard and skin, but I don't see them doing anymore free maps.
Then again, maybe they'll surprise us with something, but it will not be a new planet me thinks.

No way. There aren't going to be any more free maps. The free maps we got were being worked on before and directly after launch, the only new maps now will be DLC.

Y'all just gotta believe lol

I do think 1 unique play space could be possible in the future. Would be awesome to see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom