• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

MrDaravon

I'm very okay with all of this. And unless the higher tiers of Star Cards are leaps and bounds better than the lower tiers AND are practically impossible to get without spending real money I'm 100% on board with that tradeoff for not splitting the community at all.

Ozorov

Some good information from BattlefrontUpdates regarding the point system:

How The Battlepoint System Works

Reinforcements Overview (Vehicles & Special Characters

Also I'm so fucking happy they abandoned the season pass-thing. Looks like we're getting the first free content in December;

"This starts with the Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ Season coming this December, where all Star Wars Battlefront II players will get access to Finn, Captain Phasma, the new planet Crait, and more."

As SG-17 said, all I need now is a server browser and we're in for a goooooooooood ride.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Is $39.99 a good price for the Ultimate Edition? Is that a sale price, or is that the normal price now? I'm thinking of picking this up now just because it's now under $60, and even with the second coming out, I still want to play the first before.

Ozorov

Is $39.99 a good price for the Ultimate Edition? Is that a sale price, or is that the normal price now? I'm thinking of picking this up now just because it's now under $60, and even with the second coming out, I still want to play the first before.

For what platform?

It's "free" for PS4 if you buy 1-year of PS+. And the game itself (Ultimate Edition) is just 10$ on PSN.

Shrennin

For what platform?

It's "free" for PS4 if you buy 1-year of PS+. And the game itself (Ultimate Edition) is just 10$ on PSN.

PS4, but I thought the 1 year of PS+ was for new subscribers only? And PSN is showing it at $39.99 right now, unless I'm missing something? $10 would be fantastic!

Ozorov

PS4, but I thought the 1 year of PS+ was for new subscribers only? And PSN is showing it at $39.99 right now, unless I'm missing something? $10 would be fantastic!

Shows 75% off for me, but I'm in EU. The game seems to be on sale pretty often (at least in EU :p). But 39.99 is a solid price also. I guess you can find it cheaper if you buy it in a store

Shrennin

Shows 75% off for me, but I'm in EU. The game seems to be on sale pretty often (at least in EU :p). But 39.99 is a solid price also. I guess you can find it cheaper if you buy it in a store

Yeah, I'm in US so right now it's $39.99, but I may wait until Sony's presser to see if there are any other sales to it potentially. I would like it digital since my policy is to buy always online games digitally and offline capable games are bought physically.

MrDaravon

It's still ridiculous that hundreds of hours in with a pretty positive K/D and W/L ratio I still can't fucking get 10 wins in Hero Hunt for the diorama, something I've been working on since launch.

*Daravon's bi-monthly Hero Hunt bitching ends here*

Ozorov

It's still ridiculous that hundreds of hours in with a pretty positive K/D and W/L ratio I still can't fucking get 10 wins in Hero Hunt for the diorama, something I've been working on since launch.

*Daravon's bi-monthly Hero Hunt bitching ends here*

That's the one trophy I didn't even care to try to get. But it must be easier now when they have changed the game mode a bit?

Watched some more gameplay vids last night and I think I'm already addicted to the killsound. Reminds me of Uncharted mp. I just love a good killsound.
Battlefield 1 also has a great one, especially if you get a headshot.

Ozorov

Watched some more gameplay vids last night and I think I'm already addicted to the killsound. Reminds me of Uncharted mp. I just love a good killsound.
Battlefield 1 also has a great one, especially if you get a headshot.
Long time since I played BF1 now. But I got the feeling it sounds pretty familiar to that one. Its a addicting sound :)

bbalde

This side of never. Battlefield Bad Company 1 is still up and it's a 2008 game. If it wasn't for using a third party provider (GameSpy), the original games would still be up too.

The last DICE game that had its servers shut down was Battlefield 2142 (a game from 2006), and that's only because Gamespy died (which shut down every Battlefield up to that point). And even then, fans brought it back and it's perfectly playable today.

EA Battlefront will most likely be fine for a very, very long time.
Thanks guys ! Will buy it.
May the force be with you ! :)

Damn. Pondering if I should go back to play a few rounds, but I don't want to get sucked in again. Last time I did I clocked another 30-40 hours, and there's just to many other games to play...

MrDaravon

That's the one trophy I didn't even care to try to get. But it must be easier now when they have changed the game mode a bit?

I have the trophy, the diorama is for getting 10 wins in it. Making on again/off again attempts since launch I have 5.

Ultimately the problem is it's essentially a FFA mode, but the game only considers 1st place a winner. In many other games similar modes would consider the top 3/half "winners". I can pretty consistently get 2nd/3rd, but every single time I play there's always 1-2 super tryhards/hardcore folks in it that I usually can't touch. Plus it's luck of the draw who gets first hero, then you can't pick the last hero that was picked etc.

It's real fucking dumb.

Ozorov

Damn. Pondering if I should go back to play a few rounds, but I don't want to get sucked in again. Last time I did I clocked another 30-40 hours, and there's just to many other games to play...

Heh I noticed a lot of people started to playing it again on my friends list after they showed up the BF2 multiplayer.

I have the trophy, the diorama is for getting 10 wins in it. Making on again/off again attempts since launch I have 5.

Ultimately the problem is it's essentially a FFA mode, but the game only considers 1st place a winner. In many other games similar modes would consider the top 3/half "winners". I can pretty consistently get 2nd/3rd, but every single time I play there's always 1-2 super tryhards/hardcore folks in it that I usually can't touch. Plus it's luck of the draw who gets first hero, then you can't pick the last hero that was picked etc.

It's real fucking dumb.

Yeah I meant the diorama, sorry. I hate that mode.

I hopped on to play a few rounds for the first time in ages and all the DLC was open to me. Is this some sort of timed event during E3, or did the maps all go free for good now?

MrDaravon

Beta is "Fall"

Just lost yet another game of Hero Hunt because this fucking mode has overtime for some reason. If the game didn't have the stupid two person/partner limit it would be considerably easier to set up boosting matches for this.

I hate how incredibly fucking dumb and hard and stupid this is.

WillyFive

Probably 1 month before release.

Beta is the new buzzword for Demo. Alpha is the new buzzword for Beta.

Yeah, there is no way marketing would allow possible costumers to play an actual beta, too big a risk of an unfinished game giving off a bad impression. But since 'betas' have become so popular (now codeword for playing a game for free), they just make a tiny slice of the finished game and make it free to play for a weekend or so under the guise of playing a beta.

MrDaravon

HOLY SHIT I DID IT BOYS 10 HERO HUNT WINS

That was the most obnoxious shit I have done in a game in probably years. Ultimately my gameplan was to join new lobbies with the current in-progress game being a wash and I would just idle doing something on my phone/computer, then just mash in on the next game and hope I got to be the starting hero AND it was a map where 50 kills in one go is doable (some are definitely not that way). My last two wins were back to back getting to start a match as Leia then the Emperor on maps that are easily holdable on. So fucking dumb. I'm thrilled I finally got it, but so fucking dumb.

Now this means I'm obligated to complete the diorama which means having to do the last two U-Wing related ones which is going to be a hell of a grind but at least that's not hard per se, just time and somewhat RNG dependent.

HOLY SHIT I DID IT BOYS 10 HERO HUNT WINS

That was the most obnoxious shit I have done in a game in probably years. Ultimately my gameplan was to join new lobbies with the current in-progress game being a wash and I would just idle doing something on my phone/computer, then just mash in on the next game and hope I got to be the starting hero AND it was a map where 50 kills in one go is doable (some are definitely not that way). My last two wins were back to back getting to start a match as Leia then the Emperor on maps that are easily holdable on. So fucking dumb. I'm thrilled I finally got it, but so fucking dumb.

Now this means I'm obligated to complete the diorama which means having to do the last two U-Wing related ones which is going to be a hell of a grind but at least that's not hard per se, just time and somewhat RNG dependent.

Congrats! Hope you'll get it done before BF2 drops :)

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
The Ultimate Edition digital version on XB and Origin PC is $10 just in case anyone was interested.

Kadin

The Ultimate Edition digital version on XB and Origin PC is $10 just in case anyone was interested.
Thanks, was just coming in here to see if people knew about it being on sale for Xbox One. Didn't know it was on sale via Origin for PC as well. Snagged that up immediately.

What's the file size of the Ultimate Edition on PS4?
I've always wanted to try it (I loved the original Battlefront on PS2), and I'm guessing now is as good a time as any.

How does the splitscreen work on PS4? Like, what modes are available, both locally and online​ splitscreen.
No online splitscreen.

You can play Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron offline in splitscreen in Skirmish and in Missions you have a wave based horde mode, a kill-confirmed like mode, and a hero battle mode.

Ozorov

No online splitscreen.

You can play Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron offline in splitscreen in Skirmish and in Missions you have a wave based horde mode, a kill-confirmed like mode, and a hero battle mode.

*And it's in 30 fps. Should be a showcase for people who can't see the difference between 30 and 60 fps and say there's not so important.

I bought the Ultimate Edition a few weeks ago. Season pass and all the DLC is installed, 44GB on PS4. After the free EA trial period during E3 week, my DLC stopped working. Anyone else having the same problem?

Ozorov

I bought the Ultimate Edition a few weeks ago. Season pass and all the DLC is installed, 44GB on PS4. After the free EA trial period during E3 week, my DLC stopped working. Anyone else having the same problem?

Dunno how the Ultimate Edition is layed out but try to re-download the "Season Pass"-thing, from PSN. Should be 1.1MB and be a picture of Darth Vader.

If I have to hear "Roger, Roger" all the time while playing as a Battle Droid...

stewie-gun-suicide-o.gif

MrDaravon

Looks good. Unless the economy is totally fucked in terms of how hard it is to upgrade cards this should be fine and largely avoids the P2W argument. Someone's still going to complain about being able to dump money into the game to speed up getting a 5% damage reduction modifier or whatever and they're technically correct that it's an advantage but it doesn't seem broken from what little we've seen so far. And unless it does wind up being broken is totally worth the tradeoff for not splitting the community IMO.

Top Bottom