• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront: PS4 is outdoing Xbox and PC combined [in concurrency numbers]

TVexperto

Hey there, my first thread but I thought this is worthy of a new thread:

The guy who did the Battlefield Stats websites just put his Battlefront site online.

Currently online players

PC: 41,425 (24h peak: 49,871)

XBOXONE: 110,704 (24h peak: 110,817)

PS4: 179,511 (24h peak: 187,286)

Total: 331,640
http://swbstats.com/

So the marketing deal for Sony was worth it? What do you think? How were the numbers for Battlefield 4 after launch?

Edit:
Those numbers are legit, I contacted the person who made the sites:
They are fetched every 5 minutes from EA's servers where all players are connected to. We don't calculate anything ourselves. These are direct numbers for every platform.

// Mod Edit:

The numbers are about the same as Battlefield 4:

Here's a graph of Battlefield 4 numbers, per platform:

BF4PS4_thumb.png

For those who don't know, EA offer an open API to Battlelog.

DNAbro

Well there are more PS4s out there than Xbox ones so that is not exactly shocking. Adding PC in though is a bit.

JeffGrubb

Here's something fun. If the attach rate for Battlefront is identical on Bone and PS4 (which is crazy, I know), Xbox One has sold around 15.4 million units.

let's see

ps4 is the most popular current gen platform, and all the advertising was done for ps4

the pc version is missing things like mod support, a server browser, etc

makes a lot of sense as to why the ps4 version is dominating

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think Battlefield may have been like this too. I remember at one point BF4 on PS4 had more players than Hardline on all platforms.

Those numbers are huge all around though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I mean... its really not that surprising. If you live in the US you kind of lose context of how badly the PS4 is outselling the XB1 nearly everywhere else in the world. Add in an appealing PS4 system bundle with the game along with all the advertising from Sony and its less of a surprise.

PC-players peak numbers in the last 24h:

Star Wars: Battlefront ~49k players ONE DAY AFTER RELEASE
CoD: Black Ops 3 ~ 42k players a week after release (coming from 62k one day after release)
Battlefield 4 ~ 30k players two years after release

Really shocking. Battlefront bombed on pc practically.

Not surprising. It's been difficult getting into some matches at times on PC. Not too bad, but it'll be interesting to see how that develops after a few months.

Qassim

Battlefield 4 must have burned the PC user base quite a bit, the player bases for DICE's games used to be very competitive on PC (for their newer console/PC games).

Shenmue

Banned
This doesn't seem to be a game the FPS crowd on PC would play. I think they are more into games like Counterstrike, Team Fortress, or Overwatch, so the PC numbers aren't that important.

No surprise whatsoever that the PS4 version is beating the Xbox One version though. More consoles in people's hands, marketing, better version in every aspect, etc...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sonys lackluster first party lineup for the holidays paid off, congrats.

Keep in mind MS just released two HUGE exclusives this month, whereas Sony is relying solely on third party's this fall. I don't own an XBOX btw, but if I did, and I was looking for a multiplayer shooter to play, I would 100% buy Halo 5 before Battlefront.

NateDrake

Total number is only 329,115. Sounds like a bomba. /s

These figures don't really show much of anything. If the PS4 wasn't the best selling sku, it would be surprising considering the marketing deal and being the market leader.

Keep in mind MS just released two HUGE exclusives this month, whereas Sony is relying solely on third party's this fall. I don't own an XBOX btw, but if I did, and I was looking for a multiplayer shooter to play, I would 100% buy Halo 5 before Battlefront.

I have Halo 5 and I'm playing Battlefront with most of my friends. It was definitely overshadowed by COD and SW

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If I keep getting auto matched with 170ms ping servers I'll be pulling the plug, and I'm sure much of the PC community will burn out from that bullshit too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When it comes to online shooters on the PC, there's Valve's stuff then everything else. Modern Call of Duty shares much the same fate: the numbers start off relatively respectable, but they're well shy of the numbers on consoles and after a month or two have dropped sharply as people went back to playing whatever was occupying their time before release.

Top Bottom