• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront teaser footage emerges, first screen, Nov 17th (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really could care less how it looks graphically. Like, it really makes no difference to me at this point, if it had PS2.5 graphics and played an improved Battlefront 2 with better, not worse, multiplayer options I'd be happy. This hype train can so easily derail depending on how it plays, and whether the servers implode.

I really hope you guys don't hype yourself too much.

I say this and I've cautiously boarded the hype train myself. But damn if I'm not expecting it to crash and burn.

I'm sure the gameplay mechanics and flow will be good.

It's the fidelity of the servers and stability of the game that I'm concerned about. Never did play BF4 cuz of all the issues I was hearing about and having my own share with BF3.

Holy shitbucket! I'm glad you like my idea of a hype star!

Last one boarding it for now is Yoday (Post #494). I'm continuing to sell tickets for one more hour, as I'm having an exam tomorrow (dunno why I'm even doing this Hype Star right now LOL). It would be cool if someone could take the next shift then.

M57pWkf.jpg

Boke1879

I really could care less how it looks graphically. Like, it really makes no difference to me at this point, if it had PS2.5 graphics and played an improved Battlefront 2 with better, not worse, multiplayer options I'd be happy. This hype train can so easily derail depending on how it plays, and whether the servers implode.

I say this and I've cautiously boarded the hype train myself. But damn if I'm not expecting it to crash and burn.

Edit:

Put me on the planet ready to get blasted....

EXACTLY!! For me it could literally have BF4 PS4 visuals and I'd be happy. Just give me the iconic Star Wars sound X-wings, TIE Fighters, Speeder bikes. Loads of weapons. Amazing maps and fun gameplay types.

I have a feeling it's going to look great even on consoles. Won't look as good as the PC version of course but this game isn't shackled by last gen.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!

Last one boarding it for now is Yoday (Post #494). I'm continuing to sell tickets for one more hour, as I'm having an exam tomorrow (dunno why I'm even doing this Hype Star right now LOL). It would be cool if someone could take the next shift then.

M57pWkf.jpg

Yo as head sheep of the Hype star I think I really need to be bigger. But I do appreciate being in the shooty hole.

M57pWkf.jpg

Tractor beam me, plz.

davitpr

M57pWkf.jpg

Reporting for duty! Add me please

Ark

M57pWkf.jpg

Get me in on this, please!

I understand why people are incredulous with graphics, but how can people seriously question the gameplay? Battlefront was always the Star Wars Battlefield clone. Now, the Battlefied guys (DICE) are making it... when has a Battlefield game played poorly? And didn't Battlefield 4 survive the server issue? I don't see how that factors in, especially when every other Battlefield game (including a post 4 Hardline), has had a smooth launch.

a916

Whats the actual premise of this game, is it basically Battlefield 4 within Star Wars? or have they not revealed much.

It's not a Battlefield skin

"We don't want Star Wars plus Battlefield," said executive producer Patrick Bach, "because that would be boring, right?" DICE seemed like the obvious choice to revive the much-troubled Battlefront franchise. Fans weren't the only ones who wanted it. Bach says that "LucasArts wanted us to build a Battlefront game."

Matriox

M57pWkf.jpg

I... I think I want on that hype star...

Unicorn

Duuuuude. That fucking speeder and scenery. Please, please let there be glorious vehicle sections where I have full control of speeding through an Endor forest and racing along Hoth in a snowspeeder.

I want this so hard.

daveo42

Banned

M57pWkf.jpg

Permission to enter Hype Star's orbit sir?

M57pWkf.jpg

I need to land here, need to unload my Hype.

M57pWkf.jpg

hook a Big-boss cat up? Thank you kindly-

MADGAME

I'll eat my own shit with sour cream and sprinkles if the game looked like that on consoles

M57pWkf.jpg

That's no moon, that's my Avatar! Put me in!

Conduit

Banned

M57pWkf.jpg

I'm ready to be a Jedi! Count me in!

M57pWkf.jpg

Many Bothans died bringing us this hype train....

ADD ME!!!

Black Duke

Neo Member

M57pWkf.jpg
I'm in, totally in

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
One is a two year old cross generation game on an outdated build of Frostbite 3. The other is a five month old cross generation game, also on Frostbite 3.

pic1sjuoa.jpg

pic2oouey.jpg

Battlefront is using the latest iteration of Frostbite 3, and in no way, shape, or form has to pander the processing/memory ceiling of the 360/PS3.

There is nothing unreasonable about the OP screenshot if we're talking PC.

Falchion

M57pWkf.jpg

I'm all about this. Count me in.

Lulu23

M57pWkf.jpg

Gemme in there pls.

Firehead

M57pWkf.jpg

I'll ally with the Hype Star. This has been a long time coming!

M57pWkf.jpg
I've been on this train day 1.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You didn't know that dice was inspired by killing floor for the gun sounds?

Like the other guy said from Bad Company to Battlefield 4, no other game had better sound design imo.

I'm not talking about the very old days lol.

M57pWkf.jpg

You need somebody to cover the thermal exhaust port, otherwise you're going to get blown by reality-check missiles.

skipped me :(

Arttemis

I'm not on the Hype Star. I'm sure the behind-doors demo will be 'what the game actually looks like', but the teaser CGI we've been shown is nothing but bullshots / vertical slices / CGI intros for the campaign.

I want see the gameplay demo that select media outlets see.

Also, holy shit, I'm so hyped for Star Wars VII!!!!

You know, I'm a HUGE Halo fanboy and can't wait for Halo 5. However, this is my most anticipated game of the year. I never thought I would look more forward to another game than Halo. I'll take driving an Imperial Walker over a Mantis and flying an Xwing over a Banshee any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom