• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront teaser footage emerges, first screen, Nov 17th (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

One is a two year old cross generation game on an outdated build of Frostbite 3. The other is a five month old cross generation game, also on Frostbite 3.

pic1sjuoa.jpg

pic2oouey.jpg

Battlefront is using the latest iteration of Frostbite 3, and in no way, shape, or form has to pander the processing/memory ceiling of the 360/PS3.

There is nothing unreasonable about the OP screenshot if we're talking PC.

I don't know why this is so hard to grasp for some people. The Frostbite engine has always looked great

One is a two year old cross generation game on an outdated build of Frostbite 3. The other is a five month old cross generation game, also on Frostbite 3.

pic1sjuoa.jpg

pic2oouey.jpg

Battlefront is using the latest iteration of Frostbite 3, and in no way, shape, or form has to pander the processing/memory ceiling of the 360/PS3.

Bingo!

shandy706

Holy shitbucket! I'm glad you like my idea of a hype star!

Last one boarding it for now is Yoday (Post #494). I'm continuing to sell tickets for one more hour, as I'm having an exam tomorrow (dunno why I'm even doing this Hype Star right now LOL). It would be cool if someone could take the next shift then.

M57pWkf.jpg

Can you put me listlessly floating upside down in space somewhere under hype. I'm coming in to dock..lol

..and it may leave room for a very crowded hype star in the future..

Lakitu

st5fu
BF 4 has the best sound design I've ever heard in an FPS game, bar none.

Play it with war tapes on and the best headphones you can find and it's unbelievable.

Namikaze1

Last one boarding it for now is Yoday (Post #494). I'm continuing to sell tickets for one more hour, as I'm having an exam tomorrow (dunno why I'm even doing this Hype Star right now LOL). It would be cool if someone could take the next shift then.

M57pWkf.jpg
One ticket please!

NeXuSDK

Imagine you play as this guy with the incredible sound design of DICE.

X-Wing, TIE-Fighter flying over your head, *pew* *pew* everywhere ...

CCvR1m-UUAAYNU7.jpg:large

d4da5ff8fd7695906c2cbb0131282b6c.jpg

Hehe, yeah, the sounds are what somehow always amazes me the most. We have some brilliant people working in that department, and combined with how iconic many Star Wars sounds are, it just adds so much.

If I sometimes join a playtest without my headset on, I just can't even! :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
BF 4 has the best sound design I've ever heard in an FPS game, bar none.

Play it with war tapes on and the best headphones you can find and it's unbelievable.

Exactly, it sounds so crystal clear.

"Hero image" is a term often used to describe the art used on the box.

So yeah, I'd bet on that artwork being the box art for the game.

Ohhh didn't know that, thanks.

Nokterian

Show me an example please.

https://youtu.be/6LeDvDdadxQ?t=58m20s

Also this

Using the Bullpup as an example, we animated at 242 frames per second, which gives us 22 frames per shell that ejects out of the weapons," Munk tells me. "The weapon shoots at 660 rounds per minute, which equals 11 rounds per second. In slow-mo you can actually see every kickback. In realtime you can't see these details but it makes the guns feel more powerful. We've come up with a formula to calculate: we have a weapon, this is its rate of fire—how many frames to do want to have per actual kickback, to make sure the fidelity of it is absolutely perfect? To my knowledge, no game is doing something like that, or would even think it would be worth doing something like that."

http://www.pcgamer.com/killing-floor-2-how-tripwire-aims-to-design-gamings-most-realistic-guns/

Cannot wait until the inevitable downgrade thread.

Unless netcode is fucked or the game literally murders infants, I'll be getting this day one. It's been too damn long since the last Battlefront and I like Battlefield enough to not care if it ends up just being a 4 reskin.

pic1sjuoa.jpg

pic2oouey.jpg

Yeah that's what I don't get. DICE have really proven themselves when it comes to visual presentation.

They are pretty much masters at presentation. Everything from the visuals to the sound in almost every Battlefield game is phenomenal. Why? Because DICE actually gave a shit about stuff like sound design. The sound design in the modern Battlefield games (Bad Company up to Battlefield 4) is probably some the best examples of sound design in the industry. Those guys know what they're doing

If only they knew how to sort out the wonky vehicle physics and weird network issues.

The sound in Battlefield 4 with a proper audio set up and good headphones is so good it's actually difficult to go back to other FPS's for me. Because none of them sound as good as BF4

Opt1kon_

it would amaze me to see them achieve at least 900p 60FPS for the MP and 30fps for the SP or maybe they would be able to do it ? I remember everyone saying how GTA5 Wasn't going to run at 1080p on the PS4 and that it would run at 720p/900p Different developer i know, but

#TEAMIBELIEVE900P60FPS
#DICEDONTFAILMENOW (IM ASKING FOR IT)
please have stable servers

etta

my hard graphic balls
Enlarged by 150% using Nearest Neighbor filter.

MeekBoringKiskadee.gif

If it looks like this then... no never mind, there's no way it will look like this. Maybe right at the end of the PS4/XB1 lifecycle, sometime in 2020.

JNA

Banned

M57pWkf.jpg

One ticket for me please!!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hehe, yeah, the sounds are what somehow always amazes me the most. We have some brilliant people working in that department, and combined with how iconic many Star Wars sounds are, it just adds so much.

If I sometimes join a playtest without my headset on, I just can't even! :)

You guys rock! I can't wait to see the reveal tomorrow!

wolfhowwl

Banned
Cannot wait until the inevitable downgrade thread.

Unless netcode is fucked or the game literally murders infants, I'll be getting this day one. It's been too damn long since the last Battlefront and I like Battlefield enough to not care if it ends up just being a 4 reskin.

Don't you mean younglings?

Like the other guy said from Bad Company to Battlefield 4, no other game had better sound design imo.

I'm not talking about the very old days lol.
Exactly. I've never heard of Killing Floor (even though I just found out it's by the Red Orchestra guys). But since it doesn't has mass or critical appeal, like Battlefield has, I don't think one can say that Killing floor has a sound design that has been consistent across multiple games and multiple platforms.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I've never played a single Star wars game outside of a few missions of Dark Forces on PS1 back in the day, and i've only ever seen Star Wars 1(or 4?) in its entirety.

Is this game something for a star wars novice who really has no interest in the lore but wants a good game?

EVIL

M57pWkf.jpg

Get me on this!

M57pWkf.jpg

Count me in!

Nabbis

Agreed.

I'm typically optimistic but in this case I would be completely naive to forse myself to even entertain the thought of that being game play. It defies all logic.

Yeah, no chance. Lol at all that bullshit about the true power of frostbite.

The screenshot in the OP looks pretty good but not extremely mind blowing.
Now the teaser clip? THAT, from what I can see, looks pretty much like the in engine footage at last year's E3. And its apparently gameplay. Give me that at 30fps on consoles and I'm completely satisfied.

KF2 to me has a better sound than BF4 on the long run.

http://www.pcgamer.com/killing-floor-2-how-tripwire-aims-to-design-gamings-most-realistic-guns/

Saying the sound sucks lol it's pretty hilarious saying these guys don't know what they're doing people come back to play this game for the guns they make.

Yeah, especially after Red Orchestra 2 I have no doubt that KF2 is going to be better in terms of audio design and attention to detail on guns than the Battlefield games. Tripwire is something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom