• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront teaser footage emerges, first screen, Nov 17th (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

Jan 20, 2013

So, here's a Call of Duty: Ghosts' jungle.

I mean, there isn't a huge gap in fidelity between the two.

The soft lighting in the Battlefront shot sells it. But the rock geometry? Foliage? Eh, it doesn't seem like too big a leap.

EDIT:
Top of the page. Well shit...

Soma

Jun 7, 2010
California
twitter.com
fuck that teaser got me so excited for a second

*just woke up*

oh hey new star wars trailer

*finishes*

nice nice very nice

*notices little teaser for battlefront*

holy shit did it come out early or something?! time to check out gaming side and... oh...

:(

diaspora

Feb 18, 2013
So to translate PR speak, I guess he means it is a render using the game engine?
PC version is going to be a beast if true then.
DA:I's flycam already lets you do this. Not surprised another game in the same engine was using it to take this screenshot.

Nafai1123

Banned
Apr 7, 2008
Aside from the IQ (which would still be achievable on a monster rig) I don't see anything that indicates it's not in-game.

RedAssedApe

Aug 15, 2007
wouldn't be surprised if its 720p and 30fps on consoles :p

and if it does look that good...that might be SP

Master Yoshi

May 4, 2014
I wonder how terrifying and exhilarating speederbikes would be on VR headsets... Especially in a forest environment!

VisceralBowl

Sep 30, 2012
earth
So to translate PR speak, I guess he means it is a render using the game engine?
PC version is going to be a beast if true then.
Of the three AAA engines I've used/developed with, two of them let me record sessions and replay then with a freecamera + some other tools. Essentially a theater mode.

I imagine Frostbite has a similar type of feature. The feature is incredibly useful for a variety of reasons, including re-framing trailers.

diaspora

Feb 18, 2013
Code:
<meta name="description" content="The latest news and updates for Star Wars™ Battlefront . [B]Available November 17, 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.[/B]">
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Status
Not open for further replies.