• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront teaser footage emerges, first screen, Nov 17th (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Got it!

nRvOofT.jpg

Ready to destroy haters! Who wants a seat?
I'm in

While I think we should keep expectations in check for this games visual fidelity, lets not forget that this a next generation only title. It's going to look fantastic on all platforms, I'm sure.

Kriken

Holy shitbucket! I'm glad you like my idea of a hype star!

Last one boarding it for now is Yoday (Post #494). I'm continuing to sell tickets for one more hour, as I'm having an exam tomorrow (dunno why I'm even doing this Hype Star right now LOL). It would be cool if someone could take the next shift then.

M57pWkf.jpg

mind changing mine to a cleaner version?

http://i.imgur.com/sjuY8Vy.png

I've never played a single Star wars game outside of a few missions of Dark Forces on PS1 back in the day, and i've only ever seen Star Wars 1(or 4?) in its entirety.

Is this game something for a star wars novice who really has no interest in the lore but wants a good game?
I would say yes, if you're a shooter or Battlefield fan. Star Wars isn't an incredibly complex universe and it's usually easy to jump into a game series.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
And this is The Witcher 3, an open world game.

w19gu1n.png

I honestly think people have been conditioned to last generation restrictions for so long they have no idea what modern engines can do with significantly faster graphics processors and more than 512mb of RAM.

NeXuSDK

You guys rock! I can't wait to see the reveal tomorrow!

I can't wait to read and see all the reactions :)

Trust me, as much as you guys are excited about seeing the trailer, we're equally if not more excited to see everyone's reactions! It's like giving away an awesome Christmas present!

El_Chino

Last one boarding it for now is Yoday (Post #494). I'm continuing to sell tickets for one more hour, as I'm having an exam tomorrow (dunno why I'm even doing this Hype Star right now LOL). It would be cool if someone could take the next shift then.

M57pWkf.jpg

I want in!

M57pWkf.jpg
Count me in!

I can't stand how all the Empire's equipment looks exactly the same as in RotJ. Have they learned nothing from losing to the Rebels?

No Battlelog!!!!!

Sorry to break it to you, but it's totally gonna have Battlelog

Also Battlelog (Star Log? Galaxy Log?) is great now. Wasn't happy about it when they introduced it in BF3. But it's still a hell of a lot better than the buggy and messy in-game server browsers DICE is infamous for.

Das-J

Law of the West
I honestly think people have been conditioned to last generation restrictions for so long they have no idea what modern engines can do with significantly faster graphics processors and more than 512mb of RAM.
Agreed - Can't wait for the reactions to this one...

I'll be honest, I'm hyped. Kinda wish I was still at DICE just to have seen it already!

MADGAME

There is nothing unreasonable about the OP screenshot if we're talking PC.

I don't think anyone disputed the possibility of a PC churning out those visuals, but when someone asks DICE on which platform it looks like that and they reply "all of them", I think the "prove it" mentality is justified.

Seanspeed

Banned
???

There's nothing too impressive about that pic. That stream and the rocks running through the middle of the pic are very run-of-the-mill.
Dude, the lighting, the shaders, the tree models and foliage - it's all absolutely jaw dropping stuff. Like, if the game looked like that while playing, then Uncharted 4 will not be claiming any graphics thrones. And I just find that hard to believe that a multiplatform game will beat out a ground up Naughty Dog PS4 exclusive.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I think there's also an extent people aren't used to high resolution photo texturing.

Like some people noted it looked just like Return of the Jedi. Well, they literally went to where Return of the Jedi was filmed and scanned all the rocks/trees/plants/etc and made them the texture base (and generally geometry proportions) for the game.

They did the same with the actual props used in the films for accuracy there as well.

Got it!

nRvOofT.jpg

Ready to destroy haters! Who wants a seat?

I need in on this. I believe

I can't think of anything that would even prevent me from buying the game on day one. Hell, I'll even buy it with the Premium stuff since Premium for BF3 and BF4 was really worth it in the end.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I can't wait to read and see all the reactions :)

Trust me, as much as you guys are excited about seeing the trailer, we're equally if not more excited to see everyone's reactions! It's like giving away an awesome Christmas present!

I just hope we get to see some real gameplay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom