• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront teaser footage emerges, first screen, Nov 17th (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordofPwn

Congrats dude, you're the last one boarding the star on my shift! Lord Vader ordered me to take a nap so I can concentrate on my exam tomorrow.

It'd be great if anyone could take over the counter. Just drop me a PM and an update with the current version as well as the post number of the last person that entered.

zMgq1Ip.jpg

(last one in: SargerusBR #655 )

Not possible now, sorry!
Add me.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
People fall heads over heels for cinematic GTA 5 game play PC trailers but can't allow cinematic Battlefront trailers?

Showing an unedited third/first person game play match is not necessarily the greatest way to show off what one's game is capable of producing and not really what initial first look reveals are about. Plus they're incredibly "boring" in terms of wide-audience marketing appeal.

The unedited long-form videos have their place as well but those come later.

Twookie

that battlestar picture is going to get so filled with compression artifacts since it got uploaded again on imgur rofl

Holy shitbucket! I'm glad you like my idea of a hype star!

Last one boarding it for now is Yoday (Post #494). I'm continuing to sell tickets for one more hour, as I'm having an exam tomorrow (dunno why I'm even doing this Hype Star right now LOL). It would be cool if someone could take the next shift then.

M57pWkf.jpg

I want in!

Mucudadada

Insomniac Games
I'm so excited and this seems like an appropriate place to say that.

I have the opportunity to go to the panel tomorrow and I think I should probably do it.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Last one boarding it for now is Yoday (Post #494). I'm continuing to sell tickets for one more hour, as I'm having an exam tomorrow (dunno why I'm even doing this Hype Star right now LOL). It would be cool if someone could take the next shift then.

M57pWkf.jpg

Velma needs in imo

FATALITY

Banned
All of Battlefield 3 and 4's first trailer stuff were basically just in-game demos.

For example:

Battlefield 3 Faultline: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekDutunw1mk
Battlefield 3 Operation Metro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPu7-LtLKmU

Battlefield 4 Fishing in Baku: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8HVQXkeU8U
Battlefield 4 Siege of Shanghai: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nJY7n8KaOY

DICE doing something pre-rendered would actually be against what they normally do.

with need the scarf comparison lol

MattyG

Banned

M57pWkf.jpg
I wanna be on the Hype Star!

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Look at the effects going off and the photo realistic detail. Just no way gameplay is going to look like that on consoles.

MeekBoringKiskadee.gif

Ok are we talking about the screenshot or the gif? Cause I think the gif is bullshit regardless of what platform it could be on. I think the screenshot is totally believable (except for aliasing) on all platforms.

Josh5890

I'll be honest. I have had my doubts about this game coming out in 2015. I hope that it isn't rushed and will be a finished product. A lot of fans (including myself) have been waiting a long time for this.

People fall heads over heels for cinematic GTA 5 game play PC trailers but can't allow cinematic Battlefront trailers?

Showing an unedited third/first person game play match is not necessarily the greatest way to show off what one's game is capable of product and not really what initial first look reveals are about.

The unedited long-form videos have their place as well but those come later.

I'd say the difference with GTA is that by the time that cinematic trailer had rolled around, everyone knew what the game looked and played like, by dint of it already having been released twice, and thus the graphics were obviously reasonable and in-engine. In this case, we're dealing with a title that no one has seen any gameplay of ever before which is the first sequel in over a decade to a beloved franchise that's being developed by a company with a poor track record as of late in an era of gaming hype defined by bullshots and downgrades. Additionally, this game allegedly releases in 7 months, so putting out a "cinematic" trailer with no gameplay makes people wonder what they're hiding.

LNBL

Just so we're clear, we are not getting any gameplay footage in the trailer tomorrow, right?. That's only for those attending the conference and is something different aye?

hydruxo

M57pWkf.jpg

I want in on the hype star action

tumblr_mg2bgrLTNq1rv1ckao1_500.gif

Too good at everything? More like people put way too much trust in the cinema division and think Star Wars will end up like the Avengers, but seem to forget Disney had a lot of duds too... like the Lone Ranger.

If I had billions of dollars, I could throw endless sums of money at my problems too.

they've had MAYBE 2-3 duds in the last what? 5 years?

Just saying if EA fucks this up, there will actually be consequences for them this time

Congrats dude, you're the last one boarding the star on my shift! Lord Vader ordered me to take a nap so I can concentrate on my exam tomorrow.

It'd be great if anyone could take over the counter. Just drop me a PM and an update with the current version as well as the post number of the last person that entered.

zMgq1Ip.jpg

(last one in: SargerusBR #655 )

Not possible now, sorry!
Add me please,HYPE OVER 1000!

I'm looking forward to eating some crow. Just don't think it'll look like that and have an reasonable framerate on consoles.

I mean, obviously they're not going to show the game on their weakest platforms.

It's most likely going to be PC footage for a couple of months.

meanspartan

Wait I thought tomorrow was a gameplay reveal?

Is all we are getting a lame bullshot trailer?

"In-Engine" is the new "Prerendered" as far as I am concerned. It doesn't mean shit to me if it is in-engine but not actual gameplay. You may as well just do an awesome CG trailer at that point, like Deus Ex last week.

hypotc

M57pWkf.jpg

I want to board your Hype Star, good sir!

I need to get on that Hype Star.

And I fully believe that we may get visuals close to that gif on PC. Visually DICE has been very good to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom