• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront will be at E3

Asked how Star Wars games are progressing, if we will hear about them at E3, ect

Answer: "Battlefront coming along very well, Frostbite 3 has meant team can iterate and drive innovation with high quality. Plan to show more of it at E3 this year, but lots of work to go"

ascii42

Good. Gooood.
CFEd4c7.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So they're just going to show a bunch of games that are WAY off? Why?

Well, they're releasing almost nothing this year and the people who watch E3 don't want to see 50 minutes of The Sims 4 and sports games, so they have to show something.

atr0cious

So they're just going to show a bunch of games that are WAY off? Why?

Have you never watched E3 before? Besides Nintendo, who usually only shows things super close to release, everyone is all about empty promises. Hell, last year we were told Halo 5 was coming this year.

Linkified

Didn't EA announce that all DICE projects were suspended until Battlefield 4 was working on all platforms? They did say that so they would of had less than one year's development time correct?

RdN

Good.

I'm really excited for this game, but after BF4, I'm afraid for what DICE will deliver.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Didn't EA announce that all DICE projects were suspended until Battlefield 4 was working on all platforms? They did say that so they would of had less than one year's development time correct?

They didn't actually suspend anything in case it wasn't obvious. They just said that because it sounded good.

For example, artists and level designers actually have zero ability to fix what's wrong with Battlefield 4, so they wouldn't have stopped anything.

dc89

Oh shiiiiiii. I can't wait.
Imagine if Battlefront is that game on the EA release schedule which is simply TBA.

Oh yes. I am super hyped for this game and I don't know nuthin' 'bout it. Please make sure it is good on release instead of you know, later.

Will buy day one no matter what

JDHarbs

Seems a bit too soon considering it was just announced last year, and DICE have multiple other projects in the works right now. DICE need to take their time and make sure its done right. I couldn't handle another BF4 incident with my beloved Battlefront.

Vidpixel

This makes me a happy human. I would assume they're trying to finish it by the end of 2015 at the latest, making the year 2015 a Star Wars bonanza.

MattyG

Banned
actual gameplay footage?
I think they know they can't get away with another tease this year. My bet is that we'll get a similar demo to the BF4 MP one last year, maybe with the big setpiece moment being an AT-AT getting taken down or something.

DedValve

Banned
The EAmpire grows stronger, visceral, bioware, dice. However as per the rules of the sith there can only be two.

Who will become my apprentice?

Linkified

They didn't actually suspend anything in case it wasn't obvious. They just said that because it sounded good.

For example, artists and level designers actually have zero ability to fix what's wrong with Battlefield 4, so they wouldn't have stopped anything.

Oh .... was the 'suspension' statement issued before or after the lawsuit from a shareholder?

Hatchtag

Banned
This will be the first year I don't fall asleep watching the EA conference, then. Might be one of my most hyped next-gen games if it looks fun enough.

JayEH

Weird request but please call it Battlefront 3. I hate when game series "reboot" with the same name as the original title.

The excuse that "People won't jump in on the third game" isn't a good one e.g Fallout 3.

Pro

So is this game going to fall into the Star Wars Canon category now that is said to exist across all media types going forward with Episode VII?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
with all the problems BF4 is having I will purchase the new star wars game after the majority of problems are fixed

old

Loved the mix of players and AI in a big battle in the first game. Hope they have it in this one too.

Good.

I'm really excited for this game, but after BF4, I'm afraid for what DICE will deliver.
Same. I never thought I would say this, and middle school me would be confused about this, but I'm not getting the new battlefront day 1. Im going to wait until I know it's not as buggy as BF4.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Swore I'd never buy another game from Dice and they go and do this.

Fuckers.

BUT I'LL WAIT DAMMIT!!!! YOU HEAR ME EA I'LL FUCKING WAIT!!!!!!

So is this game going to fall into the Star Wars Canon category now that is said to exist across all media types going forward with Episode VII?
Well the battlefront games as typically just scenarios for the single player, right? I mean all of, if not most of, the maps are based off of iconic movie battles.

MattyG

Banned
Yup. Anything released from here on out with official Star Wars branding will be considered canon.

Top Bottom