• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront will not receive any Episode VII DLC

Plum

Best is the characters.

Good ol' Vader fighting in the Battle of Jakku.

It's in the new canon EU novels, you must not have read them. Disney is also releasing a new special edition that edits Luke's black Jedi outfit onto all of the earlier battles, to keep with canon of course.

Taker34

Banned
Absolutely disgusting. I need a game with Kylo Ren. Now I have to stick with that Galaxy of Heroes game until Battlefront 2? Eternity my friend is a long fucking time.

It's in the new canon EU novels, you must not have read them. Disney is also releasing a new special edition that edits Luke's black Jedi outfit onto all of the earlier battles, to keep with canon of course.
I don't understand how Battlefront 2 was able to give the early clone models for battles on geonosis yet this game can't even get the paltry amount of hero outfits correct. It's pathetic.

Probably sooner.
Episode VIII will be released in theaters on May 2017, so November 2017 for Battlefront II wouldn't be impossible and 2 years after this Battlefront (which is the average for EA sequels...not named Madden).

2017 is the year for Titanfall 2 ;)

Battlefront 2 wont happen until 2018 IMO

Its well worth $60. Hell, any game that lasts me more than 20 hours is worth $60.

Content != worth. Hours of enjoyment == worth.

I can only laugh at the haters of this wonderful game. It has its issues but man if it isn't a breath of fresh air.

Lol Opinions.

I paid zero out of pocket for it and have enjoyed it for a few hours. My general feeling is that I'd have been somewhat OK with spending about $20 on it. Anything more and I'd definitely feel ripped off. Glad you enjoy it, but judging by the overall reaction to the game your opinion is in the extreme minority. The general consensus is its all flash and no substance. I'm a huge SW fan... But for most people there's no way this game is worth even half retail, let alone $60. And the $50 season pass is an insult considering how light on content/barebones the base game is.

They added Jakku. You're welcome. It's the same type of half truths they did with the amount of maps, their handling of the game has been pathetic.

I haven't even touched the game yet due to being really busy lately, and now I'm regretting the purchase a little.

This really makes me feel like mp-only games really just need to be a service spanning an entire gen. Release a big expansion once a year. We'd have ep 7 stuff, and maybe even ep 8.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
That's a shame. Would love to play as Kylo Ren.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
great... well goodbye season pass and only chance redeeming this game for me..
thank god i got the game for 10 bucks..

what an absolute failathon

RaidenXZ

This game would be perfect for the prequel / clone wars era! It pains me to see that era get ignored! Imagine this style of Battlefront on Geonsis or something? Would be sick! (I'm just butt hurt over losing the Free Radical BF3 still. Loved BF2 back in the day)

Their next shareholder meeting could me fun, if they really don't achieve their 13 million target, even after a 40% price reduction.

"So, you released a new Star Wars game, with a focus on the old movies. Which were released over 30 years ago. When a new Star Wars movie just came out. Why?" lmao

I think the games would go in order as the movies release.

Battlefront= 4-6
Battlefront 2= 1-3
Battlefront 3= 7-9

Hopefully we get Jar-Jar Binks as playable hero. This would be hilarious.

Not even First Order Stormtrooper/Resistance pilot skins or something?

Wow, lame.

The fact that they didn't include the clones/trade federation era was a bummer already.

Yeah I don't understand it at all. How hard is it to make a First Order Stormtropper skin for us to unlock? This alone would have been so cool.

I think the games would go in order as the movies release.

Battlefront= 4-6
Battlefront 2= 1-3
Battlefront 3= 7-9

It depends.

There are 3 unknown variables dictating the release date of Battlefront, and subsequent content.

1:Dice La's new game. What is it and when will it release? Considering the familiarity with Frostbite it's not unreasonable to assume a 2 year turnaround. Fall 17, likely another Battlefield spinoff.

2: Are there any other Star Wars games in production? Seems like a no brainer, but I think people are overestimating the number of studios working on Star Wars games. We only have 2 rumored, to my knowledge, Battlefront and Star Wars Visceral. Imo Visceral is releasing next to SW8, Late Spring '17. Without any other games coming EA could push BF2 towards SW9, Spring '19.

3: When is TitanFall 2 releasing? I don't think this one matters as much, as EA has said in the past that they think this time can coexist in a line up. This could be an interesting wildcard though. If it looks good enough it could push things back. Spring 17.

I think they'll give Dice a year break(4 games in 3 years is kind of insane).

So.
Bf - Fall 2015
Bf5 - Nov 2016
TitanFall 2- Feb/March 2017
VSW- April/May 2017
Dice LA - Nov 2017
Battlefront 2 - March-May 2019
Bf6 - Nov 2020

If Battlefront 2 releases next to Epi9 it will undoubtedly be NT focused.

Publisher always has the final say when to release.
That's true but they had two DICE shooters release this year, no reason why they wouldn't have a DICE and Respawn shooter in the same year as long as they're spaced out.

JeffZero said:
They've been saying this for a while, now. :p

Timing the sequel with Episode IX is a smart idea.
They timed this with episode 7 though...

Top Bottom