• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vashetti

Banned
It's a bit surprising come to think of it. Pretty sure it was announced with the other 'Journey to The Force Awakens' books last time around. Maybe they haven't got an author yet and want to wait until then. I'd be fine with Alan Dean Foster doing it again. I enjoyed his novelization for TFA.

I just ordered the TFA novel on ebay and am looking forward to reading more canon SW books, so I hope TLJ gets one.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
C9ikbr0U0AAJofx.jpg:large

Lots of Matts at Celebration, even a sexy Easter Matt.

Metalmarc

They should still have had a convention next year, just remember there were no movies to promote between the wait of clone wars movie - eps 7, yet they still had cons) overall i feel like fans like interacting with each other and buying merch and celeb meet n greets/signings.

There is so much content they could put in a Convention even without one particular movie)

They could have filled it with

Filoni's next project (early concept teasers, or if not bring him even to talk about Rebels)
Games (Any Battlefront dlc, whatever games are due out, apps etc)
Comics/Books
Sound and music (let us see the freaking panel, spend some good time on it)
Toys (The Vintage 2018 range etc)
Art
Panels with the Stars (now theres no big movie to promote they could extend these a bit longer for instance what was Tudyk onstage for maybe 15-20 mins? Make this now 45 mins)
Updates on how the Park is going.

Put out the freakin 4K Blurays (no matter what state despecialized, specials, bluray to 4k versions whatever edition, just bring these out and you could have a panel talking about the process people would want to see)

Announce there is more movies in the works next year, and then say we will tell you more in 2019

RyanW

I was hoping they would just surprise us by announcing there would be a celebration next year. I don't want to wait until 2019 for an opportunity to go for the first time :(

3rd Celebration, it's pretty much the same show, just more crowded. Last one in Orlando topped off at 35k attendees on one day, this one had 50k on multiple sold out days.

Not much in the form of big announcements either, outside the trailer for TLJ, there wasn't much new that came out of the show that really blew anyone away, and alot of the usual product announcements companies made were kinda just expected or usual Star Wars fare. And TLJ panel was nothing special as it was kind of been here done that. While with TFA, it was the return of Star Wars, all the new actors, tons of excitement.

Well maybe they'll take the time to plan and organize a lot better.

London was not much better, it was just a smaller venue/event so it wasn't as bad, but the lines were brutal and security was similar in making people go all the way around the building of the convention to wait in huge line to get in through security.

After Thursday in Orlando they kinda didn't give a fuck anymore, you could walk into the convention center from multiple entrances quick and easy.

I loved the Vader comic because Vader got to be sassy as heck. I would've liked the droid more if the R2/3PO parallel wasn't so on the nose. Heck there are established droids that torture people in canon why just recolour a protocol droid?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I loved the Vader comic because Vader got to be sassy as heck. I would've liked the droid more if the R2/3PO parallel wasn't so on the nose. Heck there are established droids that torture people in canon why just recolour a protocol droid?

To attack in disguise. I mean it makes sense, but the parallels were to on the nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom