• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Dark Forces Gameplay (The Force Engine Mod)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Legendary shooter Star Wars: Dark Forces is now available to play in higher resolutions thanks to The Foce Engine mod. Check out some 4K gameplay here!

Dark Forces is a much loved shooter in the Star Wars universe, but playing it on current hardware was very cumbersome until recently. The Force Engine is, according to their website, "a project to reverse engineer and rebuild the Jedi Engine for modern systems." This means easy access to modern resolutions, quality of life settings like easier aiming and crosshairs, as well as easier implementation of further mods.

Luc2010

Loved this game and would play a modern updated version. Shooting most enemies in this game seemed pretty satisfying. At least in this game. The Dark Troopers aren't some robot.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I replayed this game a couple years ago. Took a bit of tweaking with Dos Box to implement mouselook and some other modern features but in the end I got it working and it was awesome.

Ozzie666

This is a game worth an update or full-on remake. I enjoyed this more than Doom. X-wing followed by Tie fighter, followed by this. Pretty great time in 1993/94 for Star Wars fan. Early days of CD-ROM mainstream adoption too?

Top Bottom