• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Eclipse will reportedly introduce a new race, and focus on a political conflict

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
maxresdefault-1.jpg

Story details, including some of the main characters, have also been described in a new report from Sacred Symbols (paywalled, transcribed by VGC).

The game, which was announced during The Game Awards last year, is reportedly still in very early production.” This game, as far as I can tell, is not even really in production yet,” said Sacred Symbols host Colin Moriarty.

The podcast then goes on to describe documents provided to them which appear to give an overview of one of the game’s main characters, as well as their motivations. The podcast also notes that the game is being co-written by David Cage and Adam Williams, who have previously helmed other Quantic Dream titles.

“Materials seen by this podcast describe a so-called Project S, with a character named Sarah as the lead. Sarah is described as an athletic 30-something and is a member of a human-like race. This race is at the lead of some sort of empire called The Zaraan, a race not seen in Star Wars before.

“It prides itself on political and military aggression and similar to what you find elsewhere in Star Wars there’s little differentiation between males and females when it comes to roles and responsibilities. But, there’s an interesting wrinkle, when Zaraan marries, their nuptials carry interesting military implications as they become one governing unit that works together.

“This is a problem, because Sarah, a fanatical true believer in the violence and criminality regularly demonstrated by her empire, is married to a character named Xendo, who is a far softer touch. Part of the game seems to revolve around these two characters and their relationship.”

This “empire” seemingly refers to the Zaraan faction, not the Galactic Empire seen during the Skywalker era of Star Wars. Star Wars Eclipse takes place at least 200 years before Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.

Last edited:

Elios83

David Cage + Disney story+ QTE based lightsaber combats and psychokinesis mechanics used in Beyond.
What can go wrong? 👀 👀 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But seriously let's see how they can improve their usual formula...

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Star Wars is about stopping the empire and it’s troops through light saber ancient weapons, darth vader is the Putin of outer space.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
All that shit about the story sounds awful.

It's Star Wars. All I want is pew pew, cool one liners and fun gameplay. Give me Kyle Katarn, and keep Sarah and kis cuck husband for yourselves.

It's Star Wars. All I want is pew pew, cool one liners and fun gameplay. Give me Kyle Katarn, and keep Sarah and kis cuck husband for yourselves.
Because every star wars game has to be Jedi Fallen Order.
Do me a favor and dont play Knights of The old Republic 2.

Topher

Gold Member

I love the old Star Wars that didn't take itself too seriously. I don't think David Cage has the ability to not take himself too seriously and it shows in his games.

Bad combo.

Pretty excited, Heavy Rain is still one of my favorites. Yeah David cage takes things too seriously, but most other games hardly have a story so there’s nothing to take seriously at all. Narrative driven Star Wars sounds great

Last edited:

Fbh

Can't say I'm a fan of any of their games but Detroit was a substantial leap in quality for the studio and it's not like it will be hard to top the recent Star Wars movies, so I remain cautiously optimistic.

jaysius

Banned
They couldn’t even spell Yuuzhan Vong properly? Could have used them anyway and saved a lot of time in pre-prod.
They were so badass and a great counter to force powers, it pisses me off that they killed off the entire thing. I guess it wouldn't have been as marketable as Porgs for the newer trilogy.

Chewie dying because Han's son Anakin dropped him was a great turning point in the now dead Expanded Universe. The story that was there written over tons of novels was great and far more cohesive than that shit hollywood shat out.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
They were so badass and a great counter to force powers, it pisses me off that they killed off the entire thing. I guess it wouldn't have been as marketable as Porgs for the newer trilogy.

Chewie dying because Han's son Anakin dropped him was a great turning point in the now dead Expanded Universe. The story that was there written over tons of novels was great and far more cohesive than that shit hollywood shat out.
Since we talk SW, is that Thrawn series by Zahn good? Not the old one, the new one.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Since we talk SW, is that Thrawn series by Zahn good? Not the old one, the new one.
The old ones 'Heir to the Empire' were amazing and felt like a Star Wars continuation in true fashion. That is what 7, 8, and 9 should have been. I mean, you have a young Mark Hamill look alike in Sebastian Stan, and I am sure in the world of doppelgängers we live in, they could have found others that looked close to the original cast.

Have not read his new retcon'ed book, and don't think I ever will.

sebastian-stan-mark-hamill-1534235317.jpg

Q8bedoY.jpg

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
I've read the first two of the new Thrawn novels, those are great, but they've reconned that Vader AND force users can use THE FORCE to NAVIGATE HYPERSPACE.... WTF that was NEVER EVER uttered in ANY of the anything before and it seems fucking MAJOR too.

I'd highly recommend Master and Apprentice that sheds some great light on Qui-Gon Jinn and might mind cleanse that awful Obi Wan miniseries tv show shit out of your mind and replace it with great Obi-Wan content. It also shows another side of Count Dooku we've never seen.

Top Bottom