• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 confirmed in 2015, 8 and 9 to follow, new film every 2-3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
W...

Wha..? I..don't.....

Not even new trilogy, new movie every 2-3 years as a long term plan

Although I'd have originally preferred a sequel trilogy than a prequel one, following on closely from the OT, I don't know what I want now, other than it'll probably be entirely rendered and shit

Anth0ny

I didn't think Avengers and Dark Knight Rises in one year could be topped.

Avengers 2, Justice League and Star Wars just might do it, though.

slit

This... might actually not be bad news.

Maybe not.....

Ms. Kennedy will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

Well, there goes that theory.

Kettch

Why are so many people upset?

The prequels were horrible, I thought most of us agreed on that. It's not like this could tarnish the OT any more.

If they're terrible, I'll pretend they don't exist again. If by some miracle they're good, then great.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
UUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

gAB5q.jpg

Lucas: You are so... beautiful.
Money: It's only because I'm so in love.
Lucas: No, it's because I'm so in love with you.
Money: So love has blinded you?
Lucas: [laughs] Well, that's not exactly what I meant.
Money: But it's probably true.

Lucas: Are you an angel?
Money: An... angel?
Lucas: Yes. They're from the Moons of Iego I think.

Lucas: I hate fans... they're so coarse and irritating... and they get everywhere.

Let's please continue this. It's reminding us why the mouse stepping in is ultimately a good thing.

There is no reason why it can't be a good film.

Exactly. Despite the flaws of Tron Legacy, it was still a watchable film. Same goes for their Pirates series. Long, bloated and generic, but good enough for solid summer movies. This low watermark is still better than the prequels.

Lasseter: FUCK, Carter bombed!
Iger: and Narnia is dead. Our attempts at a fantasy franchise are gone, John.
Lasseter: Maybe we should just buy Star Wars. hahaha
Iger: ....hm.
Lasseter: hahahaha...wait...what?
Iger: get my lawyer...

Iger: DO WE HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY LUCASFILM
Lawyer: Sir!? Are you really suggesting we acqui--
Iger: AVENGERS JUST MADE ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD, CAN WE BUY THEM OR NOT
Lawyer: uh yes, actually....
Iger: MAKE IT SO

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I just realized: Is Disney counter-programming against ITSELF? Why put Avengers 2 against Star Wars 7?

Avengers 2 is May 1st, Star Wars in late June or July.

They could claim December too, if they wanted. The Hobbit will be done claiming that blockbuster slot.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
The problem is that I expect it to skew even more kid-friendly than the prequels.

If they surprise me and make it more all-ages appealing a la Avengers, it could be a good thing.

But, yeah... kiss the EU goodbye. That's all non-canon now.

Although what they should really do is just say screw it and do Knights of the Old Republic (the setting, not the game... although the game's plot wouldn't be the worst thing in the world).

That isn't anything new is it, the same thing happens with Star Trek, while the EU novels and other media is soft canon for the most part the films (TV Seies in Trek) and Lucas override everything else as hard canon.

Though at minimum they jump 200 years forward and they avoid pretty much all of the Extended Universe and all of its characters and events as far as I am aware.

Jomjom

Banned
I need these movies!

Episode 7: A New Gungan
Episode 8: The Empire Strikes Naboo
Episode 9: Return of the Jar-Jar

From my new favorite video games journalist, Rob Florence:

Robert Florence ‏@robertflorence

FUCK STAR WARS. PIXAR GRIM FANDANGO!!!! RT @SkyNewsBreak: Disney is buying 'Star Wars' maker Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion from George Lucas

Mr. RHC

Episode 7 animated feature musical! This is good, isn't it?

For real, Episode 7, I have no idea where this is going but I hope it'll be great!

bill0527

Star Wars without George Lucas???

I am ready.

For real.

People on the internet have been shitting on George Lucas for years and begging him to get the fuck away from the franchise and give it to somebody else.

Now that it seems to be happening, people are still shitting all over it.

Pociask

George Lucas thought he had done everything he could to kill people's love for Star Wars after creating the prequels. But he realized that they still had one place for hope - the Star Wars EU. Books that told stories that went light years and decades beyond what he had finished the second destruction of the death star.

George knew what had to be done. A new Star Wars - immediately diverging from and obliterating everything that had ever been created in the Expanded Universe.

As he plotted how child Anakin would accidentally take his pod racer through a time-hole into the ongoing celebration of Ewoks, and the amazing adventure that would ensue with the Ewoks as they set out to find the family from the Ewok movies George loved so much, George felt something. What's that? A smile? No - just the feeling of millions of geeks crying out at once.

They're just gonna let him name all the characters.

Lucas: "This guy is called Jorgio Lukasi"
Director: "... fucking really?"
Lucas: "Oh, and my son's going to play him. Hope that's okay."

George Lucas thought he had done everything he could to kill people's love for Star Wars after creating the prequels. But he realized that they still had one place for hope - the Star Wars EU..

Oh please. Palpatine clones and defamation of any character Luke had is nothing worth saving.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Who would've thought we would be waking up to Disney buying Lucasfilms and annoucing 3 new Star Wars sequels.

LOOOL. I'm in utter shock.

Khezu

what the fuck...

Starwars X Kingdom Hearts.

The two worst IP's ever created by man, finally coming together!

jaxword

Lucas has been preparing for this for years, you realize. He's always said that the fates of Han/Leia/Luke were not to be touched by anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom