• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 confirmed in 2015, 8 and 9 to follow, new film every 2-3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
U41bU.jpg

Mod Edit: http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-news/press-releases/2012/10/disney-acquire-lucasfilm-ltd

In 2015, we're planning to release Star Wars Episode 7 – the first feature film under the "Disney-Lucasfilm" brand. That will be followed by Episodes 8 and 9 – and our long term plan is to release a new Star Wars feature film every two to three years. We're very happy that George Lucas will be creative consultant on our new Star Wars films and that Kathleen Kennedy, the current Co-Chair of Lucasfilm, will executive produce. George handpicked Kathy earlier this year to lead Lucasfilm into the future. She'll join Disney as President of Lucasfilm, reporting into Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn and integrating and building the Star Wars franchise across our company.

---

STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 feature film targeted for release in 2015.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Releases/Disney+to+Acquire+Lucasfilm+Ltd./7828436.html

Kathleen Kennedy, current Co-Chairman of Lucasfilm, will become President of Lucasfilm, reporting to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Additionally she will serve as the brand manager for Star Wars, working directly with Disney’s global lines of business to build, further integrate, and maximize the value of this global franchise. Ms. Kennedy will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

Lakitu

st5fu
If they come up with a decent story and keep Lucas as far away from it as possible. I might be on board. Might, I use that term as loose as I can.

I just finished re-watching the Red Letter Media review of Phantom Menace too.

I guess the silver lining is they'll do more reviews for the next (3) movie(s).

strafer

STAR WARS: EPISODE 7 feature film targeted for release in 2015.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Releases/Disney+to+Acquire+Lucasfilm+Ltd./7828436.html

Kathleen Kennedy, current Co-Chairman of Lucasfilm, will become President of Lucasfilm, reporting to Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn. Additionally she will serve as the brand manager for Star Wars, working directly with Disney’s global lines of business to build, further integrate, and maximize the value of this global franchise. Ms. Kennedy will serve as executive producer on new Star Wars feature films, with George Lucas serving as creative consultant. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

What?

Bread

Banned
It can only get better.
exactly, not sure why people are upset about this. disney knows it's a huge gamble, and there's no way they would be so ready to announce it if they didn't have a great idea for a trilogy. this should be fucking awesome.

commedieu

Banned
I feel like i'm in an alternative world.

People are pretending this is a bad thing for the Franchise...

and lucas was a good thing, for the franchise?

weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom