• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 confirmed in 2015, 8 and 9 to follow, new film every 2-3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Keep George away from the director's (and producer's) chair and we'll be good. Just let him write the basic outline and name some new characters, that's it.

TreIII

Please go with the Timothy Zahn trilogy..

Don't I wish...

But honestly? I wouldn't mind if they went far into the future and as far away from the setting of the original films as much as possible. Luke, Vader and them have been done to death.

Yen

Oh God, I'm going to be sick

(Although I'd be massively hyped if a competent writer and director get involved)

Aurongel

I don't think this is a bad thing at all, by 2015 it will have been the better part of a decade since the second trilogy concluded. With some new leadership and creative talent I could definitely see Star Wars having a decent shot at redemption here.

It had to happen sooner or later, right?

I'm down for more Star Wars.

Edit:

The new Star Wars film. A Disney acquisition is kind of out of left field.

Orayn

Consulting the DPDI, Doom Paul Disaster Index.

0BzWk.jpg

zyltv.jpg

I feel like i'm in an alternative world.

People are pretending this is a bad thing for the Franchise...

and lucas was a good thing, for the franchise?

weird.

I doubt anybody's pretending this is a bad thing. I actually feel like challenging Disney to make Star Wars any worse.

Unbearably "kiddy" nonsense? Been done.
Ridiculous fucking with canon? Oh boy, has it been done.

Outside of redoing the original trilogy as a musical, or the sequels being Marvel style "What Ifs?" where Anakin didn't turn evil, and to be honest even that can't be worse then THE COARSENESS OF SAND AND THE ANGELS OF LEGO LUCAS I WILL DESTROY YOU.

Neo Child

Banned
whats with the 'oh nooooes'

more films can only be good? if you dont like them then its not like youve lost anything, you still have the old ones sheeesh

Well holy shit.

This could be awesome if done right, and now that George Lucas would be seemingly less involved..

I wonder who is planned to direct?

-----

Keep in mind she has also said Jurassic Park 4 and Indiana Jones 5 will happen, and those two seem to be stuck in development hell.

Hindle

Banned
Could be cool if it's got nothing to do ith what's come before. If its Luke again ugh seriously that barrel has been scraped dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom