• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 confirmed in 2015, 8 and 9 to follow, new film every 2-3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
1323129813362.jpg

spats

This is just crazy. I wonder what Lucas' role actually is in the production of the upcoming Star Wars films. Creative consultant is quite vague. Hopefully he'll be as hands off as possible. :p

PBalfredo

Episode 7? As in after Return of the Jedi? What the hell story do we need to tell after Jedi? I doubt they'll use the actors from the original saga.

Remake episodes I-III first please.

This. Please. If you're going to make more Star Wars movies, be a force for good.

Slavik81

Episodes 7, 8 and 9 were discussed long ago. I remember hearing about plans for them well before Episode 1 released. Then they decided not to.

I'm cautiously optimistic. A set of movies for Thrawn could be great. Heir to the Empire was fantastic.

bud

give it to visionary director christopher nolan indeed.

he is the only one who can save this franchise at this point.

woxel1

I think the bigger news here is that Disney bought Lucasfilm. I'm looking forward to the Captain EO prequel trilogy now.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
good news is that lucas will remain as a creative consultant, so we should expect maintained quality from the new films.

So Pirates of the Caribbean wasn't close enough for Disney?

Ah well, with the success they had with John Carter, I'm sure they'll knock this out of the park.

GusBus

Why the hate? I love the Star Wars universe and am happy to hear news of more films. Let someone else take a crack at the franchise. There is so much potential here!

Just think, episodes 1-3 were made for a new generation of kids.

This new trilogy (don't you doubt it for a second) is going to be made for a new, NEW generation of kids. You'll hate it even more!

Star Wars will never go away. Money money money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom