• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode 7 confirmed in 2015, 8 and 9 to follow, new film every 2-3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
I just saw that fans released Star Wars Ep4 "Despecialized Edition", with 720p bluray footage that was restored to its original theatrical state. They even changed color to match "fade free 1977 I.B. Technicolor Print".

Its a shame nothing like this will ever come out officially [FOX owns Ep4 rights UNTIL THE END OF TIME, rest of the movies will come back to Lucasfilm in ~2020].

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I just saw that fans released Star Wars Ep4 "Despecialized Edition", with 720p bluray footage that was restored to its original theatrical state. They even changed color to match "fade free 1977 I.B. Technicolor Print".

Yeah and they're pretty much as good as you'd ever need. Look awesome on my 50 inch plasma, anyway.

There's no need to wait for Disney to release that unedited trilogy unless you're worried at the very idea that it's a fan edit. It looks like the real thing, and it's HD.

They could just go all Rocky Balboa on it. Have it start with Luke and Han at Leia's tomb. Crying holding onto Han's leg is young Solo child.

Suddenly, back from the dead Boba Fett shows up, blasting. Han kills him, but is mortally wounded.

Now, Luke must raise the the orphan Solo, while investigating rumors of a new Sith Lord - Darth Jar Jar.

haha. very nice.
they could start with some of them dead though.

i dont like the idea of all of them dying in the opening act like laurie strode in halloween. resurrection. that would feel really weird.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Its a shame nothing like this will ever come out officially [FOX owns Ep4 rights UNTIL THE END OF TIME, rest of the movies will come back to Lucasfilm in ~2020].

It will happen before 2020. A deal will be made just before Episode VII, at the very latest. If they can be bothered to make deals to get their movies in other studios' box sets that are going to sell 10,000 units, then they can make a deal to get a lot of money in 2015 instead of no money in 2020.

I will never understand how they were able to give him a perfectly decent look in 1983, yet in 2005 he ended up looking like a $10 Halloween costume....

Yep, the only exception is that the Palpatine hologram in 5 was redone to match 6 + the prequels. One of the good changes along with nixing yub nub or w/e that was, imo.

One of many frustrating things about Episode 3 (and the redone ESB scene) was the awful new prosthetic makeup they used on McDiarmid. For the ESB scene, I much prefer the Adywan fan edit that cleverly uses stills of RotJ Palpatine:

0.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwbV75xBf4U

But it is mystifying why they used such heavy makeup in Episode 3/ESB, when McDiarmid's natural ageing brought him fairly in line with the classic Palpatine look and could have been complemented with some subtle prosthetics. He looked more like the Emperor in Episode 1:

Darth_Sidious.jpg

maharg

idspispopd

And Fox totally hates money, amirite? Seriously why do people think this is a blocker?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
And Fox totally hates money, amirite? Seriously why do people think this is a blocker?

Yeah I think the Fox thing is no problem at all.

I just wonder if Lucas put down some "no OT release" rule in this whole deal...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yeah I think the Fox thing is no problem at all.

I just wonder if Lucas put down some "no OT release" rule in this whole deal...

When asked about it, all Disney has said is that they need Fox's involvement. Take from that what you will. :)
I don't think it's going to happen right away just because of how many current box sets are still sitting on shelves. Even an announcement far in advance would cost Fox a lot of money.

FyreWulff

It's probably in Disney's best interest to let Fox keep A New Hope for now. It's only one movie, it doesn't impede their new movies in anyway (unlike the Marvel character rights), and they're better off waiting until Fox is looking for some quick cash.

"Oh, you want to sell A New Hope to us? We'll think about it, as long as you bundle in the Xmen rights with it too."

Doesn't have to be that much, but the ball is in Disney's court in any situation.

I don't know why everyone assumes Disney won't cut a deal with Fox. They may wait till 2020 for the next box set since the blurays are pretty recent so they will probably want to wait till Episode 9 is out to do another box set, and in general Disney likes to space out releases. But I'd be shocked if Disney doesn't just give a distribution cut on Episode 4 to Fox for a new box set. And Fox would be dumb not to make that deal.

I hope not! I could see them doing it for the sake of continuity, but the further away from the prequels the better. Also, keep Boba Fett dead. It was bad enough they made him and his father so central in the prequels. Originally he was just some random mercenary, keep the fan service out of it.

Ewan Mcgregor and Temuera Morrison probably had some of the best scenes in the prequels so I wouldn't mind having either of them come back. That being said Boba Fett will be too old to be a bounty hunter in Episode 7 (if it happens 30-40 years after ROTJ), only way it would work is if Boba Fett had a clone son.

Ewan Mcgregor and Temuera Morrison probably had some of the best scenes in the prequels so I wouldn't mind having either of them come back. That being said Boba Fett will be too old to be a bounty hunter in Episode 7 (if it happens 30-40 years after ROTJ), only way it would work is if Boba Fett had a clone son.

Why would McGregor return??

inm8num2

Wut.

"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the galaxy."

Wut.

Pro

Boba could survive the sarlaac. His suit can protect and sustain him and it takes the sarlaac 1000 years to digest you.

ElFly

Boba could survive the sarlaac. His suit can protect and sustain him and it takes the sarlaac 1000 years to digest you.

In the EU, Boba does survive the sarlaac, and he escapes it too.

I may be wrong on this detail, but I think in the end he falls into it again.

To hell with Boba Fett....IMO the fan's obsession with him fucked up the entire clone war idea in the first place. I remember when I first heard the clone wars line in episode IV back in the late 70s and thought with great, wide eyed wonderment what that would be......and then over a decade later I got copies of Boba Fett's dad. Fuck that.

This Boba talk just reminded me of something:

In the time leading up to the release of Ep2, producer Rick McCallum said something to the effect that it would show why Boba Fett hates the Skywalkers.

It is worth noting that none of the films support the claim that Boba hates the Skywalkers. Perhaps McCallum slipped up and accidentally said something based on potential outlines for the later films.

I am now of the position that we will see Boba return in at least one of the new episodes. Hopefully, he has some grody facial scars under the helmet.

Pro

In the EU, Boba does survive the sarlaac, and he escapes it too.

I may be wrong on this detail, but I think in the end he falls into it again.

Yeah he does survive. But never fell into it again. He becomes a fairly large character and continues to be his usual Bounty Hunter self. The Mandalorians have a fairly large impact on story later on. Was good to see this implemented.

Anth0ny

To hell with Boba Fett....IMO the fan's obsession with him fucked up the entire clone war idea in the first place. I remember when I first heard the clone wars line in episode IV back in the late 70s and thought with great, wide eyed wonderment what that would be......and then over a decade later I got copies of Boba Fett's dad. Fuck that.

I don't think any fans asked for that.

the was more lucas being a dumbass.

Boba should make a return, along with the 4 heroes from the original trilogy. Then they can kill some (all?) of them off to put the new kids over.

The prequels are awesome awesome movies, and the edits George Lucas did to the original star wars trilogy, I thought were great, and still do think they are great. I hope there's more Hayden Christensen and more Jar Jar Binks and his species in the new Star Wars movies :3

temp

posting on contract only
The prequels are awesome awesome movies, and the edits George Lucas did to the original star wars trilogy, I thought were great, and still do think they are great. I hope there's more Hayden Christensen and more Jar Jar Binks and his species in the new Star Wars movies :3

Subtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom