• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode IX teaser trailer

Ovek

7Member7
Ray is Emperor Palpatine daughter or his gender fucked up clone, that’s why she was dumped on that shit hole planet as a kid and why she has such a strong connection to the force.

MoFuzz

RIan Johnson: "Let the past die, kill it if you have to"
Disney: "Oh fuck, people don't like this new stuff, bring the past back!
JJ: "Here's Lando, Luke, a repaired Anakin lightsaber, the Vader helmet, and The Emperor!" (Please come to see the incredible ending to our shitty string of soft-reboot retreads :messenger_anxious:)

Last edited:

oagboghi2

That sure sounds like shades of the same thing. You basically wanted another Obi-Wan, not originality. And the Luke in TLJ isn't an "oaf." If you realize that nothing lasts forever, and that you may serve more effectively as a symbol than as a physical combatant, doesn't that suggest an evolving, intellectually nuanced character?
crazy idea, you can do all of that and not come off as a giant fucking idiot in the story.

Seriously, stop defending garbage

Pagusas

Elden Member
He will turn just like Darth did. She isn’t fighting the tie fighter which Kylo is piloting in the trailer, she is jumping on top of it heading in to battle.

Why would she need her lightsaber ignited if the goal want to destroy it?

Mr Hyde

The trailer did nothing for me really and it´s kinda of a bummer. I want to like it, I really do. JJ is back, it looks fun, lots of action, Knights of Ren, good fan service such as Lando in the Falcon. But TLJ just soured me completely on this trilogy. It killed off every ounce of interest that I had for it. TFA was lots of fun and EP 8 just single handedly struck it down and left it for dead with nothing on the horizon to look forward to. I´d even take one of those "Star Wars Story"-films over this. Rogue One and Solo have both been better than the ST so far. Where is Obi-Wan spin off?

Ray is Emperor Palpatine daughter or his gender fucked up clone, that’s why she was dumped on that shit hole planet as a kid and why she has such a strong connection to the force.
This is my thought. She's like Anakin, but maybe made in a test tube or something by Palpatine. This would keep it consistent with the parent reveal in TLJ.
And perhaps Skywalker will replace the word for force user? Or Kylo will become a good guy.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

This is my thought. She's like Anakin, but maybe made in a test tube or something by Palpatine. This would keep it consistent with the parent reveal in TLJ.
And perhaps Skywalker will replace the word for force user? Or Kylo will become a good guy.

Or what if... she is a type clone of Vader (Skywalker). The Emperor could have had them as well.

Of course none of the theories will probably be even close to anything, lol.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
How old is rey and when did that star destroyer crash in the desert planet? Maybe if the ages line up she was a test tube baby onboard that ship?

Last edited:
I had low expectations before watching the trailer and yep, my expectations were met. There's no reason to see this movie.

Palpatine is back? Wow, talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas. Bye

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Momin

Momin (pronounced /ˈmoʊˌmɪn/)[4] was a male Sith Lord and sculptor. At a young age, his ideas and aspirations got him imprisoned by those who despised his work. A Sith lady named Shaa freed him, claiming Momin as her Sith apprentice and trained him in the dark side of the Force. Momin, though, killed Shaa, feeling he was second to none and began exploring the lore of the dark side. He eventually built a superweapon which had the power to destroy a city, Momin, however wanted to freeze the people in time during their moment of terror. As the Jedi intervened during Momin's attempt, he lost control of the energy he wielded and his physical body was destroyed, leaving only his mask with his consciousness inside.

Many years later, Darth Sidious recovered Momin's mask from the Jedi Archivevault. After learning of Momin's story from the mask, Sidious gave it to Darth Vaderas a gift for his journey to Mustafar, which Vader sought to make his personal stronghold. There, the mask killed Vader's Chief Imperial Architect, Colonel Alva Brenne, and possessed her aide, Lieutenant Roggo. As Vader examined the mask, it told him of Momin's past. Vader then allowed it to possess a Mustafarian and grant Momin's consciousness a body. Vader discussed a creation Momin had designed, and agreed to let him build it for him.

Kylo's new mask?

Last edited:

MacReady13

Just like the last 2 mainline Star Wars films- looks to be another nostalgia trip that i'm not keen to go on. Was extremely disappointed in TFA, and really hated TLJ. This looks like it's trying to appease fans of TFA and almost making out like TLJ never existed! Anyway, I will see it as I'm a Star Wars fan, but I won't be rushing out to see the film on opening night. I'll let the dust settle and possibly even wait till it's on blu ray. I'm just not feeling anything with these sequel films. They seem to be going in no clear direction...

He confirms the movie starts off with time passed from the second. They are distancing a bit.
Good when I rewatch the ST, I can skip TLJ.

I mean, other than Luke & Snoke dying... there was nothing that happened. 2 & 1/2 fucking hours and you only need 4 to 6 minutes of TLJ and you can move on.

Damn... TLJ was complete trash :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nah he is literally welding the bits back together. Apparently he had the foresight (using the force yo) to collect the bits up and keep them safe after destroying his helmet in that lift.

It wasn't him, it was an alien welding it with a kyber crystal. And taking into account how kyber crystals are formed with the Sith infusing all their dark side into it causing the crystal to "bleed".

SegaShack

I’m sorry but bringing back dead characters that already had a great story arc (The Emperor) is so stupid and such a cheap move to get people into the theater. They are ruining Star Wars.

I’m sorry but bringing back dead characters that already had a great story arc (The Emperor) is so stupid and such a cheap move to get people into the theater. They are ruining Star Wars.
Yeah about that. Found this on Quora.

In the Expanded Universe Palpatine's physical form died then, but he was able to keep his spirit alive by transferring it into multiple clone bodies. With the recent canon changes by Disney, however, this question is probably impossible to answer until the new film

SegaShack

Yeah about that. Found this on Quora.

In the Expanded Universe Palpatine's physical form died then, but he was able to keep his spirit alive by transferring it into multiple clone bodies. With the recent canon changes by Disney, however, this question is probably impossible to answer until the new film
I don’t personally consider the EU part of the main story.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
This just screams ‘we fucked up Star Wars fans, but look at all the stuff here that you guys like!!’

kunonabi

Rise of Skywalker?
What was it Plinkett once said? Oh yeah: "I'm afraid it's a little too late to backtrack the entire last film."

Also why is Rey always doing that face? The one this teaser opens with, the "eyes wide, mouth agape" face? Is this what the actress playing her calls "acting"?

That face worked for Gal Gadot and the chick from the Aladdin remake seems to love it too so maybe it's the new go-to acting technique for women.

Kadayi

Banned
It does seem close to “it was all a dream”.

tenor.gif

Yes, I also see that Rey is not fighting the TIE but jumping on it in a sort of super cool move that only an empowered woman, Jedi or not, can perform.

Hence, it's crystal clear Kylo will be a good guy in the end.

You know you have royally lost the plot when you have to resurrect the villain from the former movies after having brought in a real nobody as new villain and sending him to the trash bin at the first chance.

Anyway, the series would be redeemed for me if the new bad guy turned out to be the secret son of Rose and Jar-Jar Binks.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Palpatine seems to be in, so it seems I am as well. Just need a more meaty trailer that doesn't spoil major points and my money will fly into the Disney coffers, if only just to see how it ends.

Last edited:

Drake

Maybe Disney has some balls in this final episode and can do the ol' switcharoo. Rey goes all evil and Kylo has to put her down. Honestly, that's the only thing that could save these movies at this point.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
They need to end the main episode movies for good after this one.

Make your spin-offs and one-offs, but the sky walker line and all the main characters in the main line movies need to be retired. Otherwise, get ready for even more fan burnout and Solo-like BO returns.

As for the trailer, that backflip over the tie interceptor was awesome. That’s exactly what we should see from a Jedi who had completed their training (like Luke’s escape from Jabba).

We just have to pretend she wasn’t trained by Wimp-Lo in the last movie.

Paracelsus

Maybe Disney has some balls in this final episode and can do the ol' switcharoo. Rey goes all evil and Kylo has to put her down. Honestly, that's the only thing that could save these movies at this point.

No, the only thing that never happened before is good and evil working together without evil dying at the end. If Ben has a "face turn" and doesn't die that's a start. Technically he's the last Skywalker alive so.

Top Bottom