• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Fallen Order |OT| I have a gooood feeling about this

cormack12

Gold Member
TIAUQZj.png

uhJOuA5.png

h3c2Yxm.png

4KkFLWt.png

n77vhvh.png

AJ0l5bu.png

Hone your JEDI Skills
AJ0l5bu.png

Master your lightsaber
AJ0l5bu.png

Explore the world
AJ0l5bu.png

Discover the force
AJ0l5bu.png

Bond with BD-1
AJ0l5bu.png

Jedi Parkour

8dr9Ixt.png

TBLQmM8.png

GiFS
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

CluelessDopeyAcaciarat-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_pssikbe0y91ug2uiho1_500.gifv

LimitedSarcasticFieldmouse-size_restricted.gif

prag16

Banned
Nice OT!

Kind of surprised the review embargo is so late, especially after all the absolutely glowing preview coverage. Early impressions from people who are already playing the game seemsreally promising too.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Game looks great. I'm going to be occupied with Death Stranding for a while, though, so probably won't get this until December.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
OT looks good! I have it pre-loading, but I will focus on one game at a time :messenger_sunglasses: Only so much lore can fit inside this brain of mine.

I'm not exactly feeling the character names for this, but I'm looking forward to see how this game plays.

McCheese

I figured this was Darth Souls, but some of the impressions I'm hearing make it sound more akin to a Tomb Raider title. Either way it's supposed to be pretty decent, so I wonder what the late review embargo is all about, folks are already streaming it on YouTube so if it was to avoid spoilers, g'luck with that EA.

Pejo

This is the first time I've been excited about an EA game in so long - since Dead Space 2 actually. Hope the default difficulty is tuned well, that's the best I could hope for.

burningheart

Neo Member
Anything that uses DisneyFilm Star Wars or any shit from the CGI cartoons (canon my ass) is an automatic no buy from me.

Fortunately, this is EA. They’ll fuck it up for the rest of you too somehow.

prag16

Banned
I figured this was Darth Souls, but some of the impressions I'm hearing make it sound more akin to a Tomb Raider title.
Sounds like both. Can't wait to get my hands on it Friday.

Anything that uses DisneyFilm Star Wars or any shit from the CGI cartoons (canon my ass) is an automatic no buy from me.

giphy.gif

Do we really need to shit up the OT with garbage like this?

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Forgot this was coming out this week. I will probably grab it, but I still have to beat Death Stranding and Ryza first.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'll be here on Friday afternoon. Looking forward to making lightsaber noises as I hack up stormtroopers.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member

Different opinion than yours, tough shit. Don’t snowflake up the OT with garbage like this.

If you're not buying the game nor have any interest in playing it, then save the concern trolling for all the other threads that will spawn tomorrow, such as the review thread where battlegrounds ensue.

prag16

Banned
Different opinion than yours, tough shit. Don’t snowflake up the OT with garbage like this.
Okay, let's have an actual discussion then. What exactly is your issue with the premise here? Inquisitors were introduced in an animated series, so because they're in the game it's an automatic no-buy? That makes sense how? Are you just entirely done with Star Wars? Because EVERYTHING new that comes out now is part of "DisneyFilm Star Wars". If you just mean the Disney-era movies, this takes place elsewhere on the timeline and seems to have little/nothing to do with the sequel trilogy or spinoff movies.

If you're done with Star Wars, that's great. But your feeling there has absolutely no bearing on how good this game will or won't be, and is a sentiment that seems pretty useless to express in the game's OT, which is typically a gathering place for people who own the game or are interested in the game (at least 'interested' in it for a purpose that extends beyond broadly shitting on it without having played it, with no intention to ever play it).

And believe me, I'm not an apologist for "DisneyFilm" Star Wars. The Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars movie.

EDIT: Beaten by the modpost. Yes, was going to suggest that the review topic tomorrow would be a more appropriate place for these sentiments (though even there it'd probably still be considered trolling).

Last edited:

burningheart

Neo Member
This user has been removed from thread. “I find your lack of faith, disturbing.”
If you're not buying the game nor have any interest in playing it, then save the concern trolling for all the other threads that will spawn tomorrow, such as the review thread where battlegrounds ensue.
Who’s concern trolling? And where in the rules does it say that only “people who are excited” for the game can post in the OT thread?

I’ve no intention of buying this for actual reasons, not because it “doesn’t interest me”, so that opinion is just as valid here thank you very much.

prag16

Banned
Who’s concern trolling? And where in the rules does it say that only “people who are excited” for the game can post in the OT thread?

I’ve no intention of buying this for actual reasons, not because it “doesn’t interest me”, so that opinion is just as valid here thank you very much.
You mean like the "actual reasons" you mentioned above? Which amounted to "Fuck Disney", "Fuck EA", and "Fuck cartoons"? How is that better and/or more valid than "doesn't interest me"?

Romulus

60fps mode on X and Pro has me more likely to buy at a sale than not at all.

Even with dips, I felt God of War 60fps mode was a game changer.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
My copy was sent out today, with Amazon UK Royal Mail...

So its either going to be here early tomorrow, or Friday.

Still pissed the game is so expensive. It should NOT be this expensive. But the game does look pretty damn amazing, to be fair...

Reactions: Isa
Absolutely amazing premise, this game looks damn good, still undecided if I should go day one, or waiting for a black friday or cyber monday discount, what do you suggest?

Btw, a little sad to think Cal and Co. Will probably fail, story is canon but still we have no mention of a jedi order or jedi remnants, or Force traces at all in the sequel trilogy :( so they either fail or be slaughtered in the end

prag16

Banned
Absolutely amazing premise, this game looks damn good, still undecided if I should go day one, or waiting for a black friday or cyber monday discount, what do you suggest?

Btw, a little sad to think Cal and Co. Will probably fail, story is canon but still we have no mention of a jedi order or jedi remnants, or Force traces at all in the sequel trilogy :( so they either fail or be slaughtered in the end
Well this takes place before even the original trilogy, so yeah obviously they completely fail in terms of rebuilding a Jedi Order. Interested to see where the story goes, and whether or not they set it up for a possible sequel.

As far as Black Friday, that's VERY soon. And none of the stores mention this game in the ads we've seen so far. I'm sure there'll be some discounts before the holidays, but possibly not Black Friday. I snagged the "physical" (code in a box) PC version on Amazon when it was discounted to $51 a few weeks ago. Saved the $9 in exchange for waiting an extra half day to a day to play it. :(

Ovek

7Member7
Looks great
My copy was sent out today, with Amazon UK Royal Mail...

So its either going to be here early tomorrow, or Friday.

Still pissed the game is so expensive. It should NOT be this expensive. But the game does look pretty damn amazing, to be fair...

I'm getting my copy from Argos so I might get it by Monday next week. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Well this takes place before even the original trilogy, so yeah obviously they completely fail in terms of rebuilding a Jedi Order. Interested to see where the story goes, and whether or not they set it up for a possible sequel.

As far as Black Friday, that's VERY soon. And none of the stores mention this game in the ads we've seen so far. I'm sure there'll be some discounts before the holidays, but possibly not Black Friday. I snagged the "physical" (code in a box) PC version on Amazon when it was discounted to $51 a few weeks ago. Saved the $9 in exchange for waiting an extra half day to a day to play it. :(

Thanks for the response, bro, I guess I'll go day one then, hype for this is truly unbelieveable, and it's my most wanted now, too much time since the last good single player SW game

Where could I see BF ads and offers?

Yeah, I think this game is ready to succeed, will sell a ton imho, getting its green light for a potential sequel ( involving dark side, and a choice system maybe? Though it could be too much of a copy of the old Apprentice Starkiller games) but I'm crazy curious about its story and its ending

Hope its ending doesn't turn out as another Rogue One, I'd cry

Oh, and also, the extra time you'll wait will be really worth, You'll get the best possible version out of the game ( PC, so performance and graphics beast)
I only have a standard ps4, so I envy you haha

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looking for confirmation. The "Deluxe" edition is ONLY cosmetic crap, so not worth purchasing?
From what they promised from the beginning (after the Battlefront II fiasco) ALL of the game's DLC will just be cosmetic. No microtransactions. No in-game shop. I think they even said "no season pass".

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Looking for confirmation. The "Deluxe" edition is ONLY cosmetic crap, so not worth purchasing?

I preordered the deluxe edition for my PS4 Pro, it also comes with a digital artbook and a 90 minute behind the scenes "making of the game" video. It was only $10 more and I am a Star Wars fan, game development interests me, I figured "why not?".

Last edited:

sol_bad

From the Steam page.

STAR WARS JEDI: FALLEN ORDER DELUXE EDITION
Get the story behind the game with the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Deluxe Edition, including:

• Cosmetic skin for BD-1
  • Cosmetic skin for the Stinger Mantis
  • Digital art book
  • "Director's Cut" behind-the-scenes videos, featuring over 90 minutes of footage from the making of the game

RPGCrazied

Hoping its good. Only seen the launch trailer so don't know what to expect. Its been a long time coming for a single player story Star Wars game to come out.

Top Bottom