• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

inm8num2

FOR THOSE LOOKING TO GET YOUR ASSES SPOILED

THIS is a frequently updated collection of most spoilers and a lot of informed speculation, combined with imagery from the marketing.

THIS is essentially an audiobook reading of a summary of the above (from May).

Between those two, you'll basically have a pretty good idea of about 90% of the plot of this film.

A script never leaked, so things like characterization, character motivation, dialog, and tone aren't going to be very present. But you'll definitely get an idea of who does what, and where they go, from either of the above two links.

---- (original post below) ----

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/06/6-13-14-now-podcasting-episode-37/

There's plenty to read at the link but I'll just quote these parts:

Here’s the gist: The bad guys in Star Wars: Episode VII are being called “Jedi Hunters” by people working on and around the film. These are scary individuals, dressed in black, some helmeted, that hunt Jedi for the Empire.

Supposedly the “Jedi Hunters” or Inquisitors (from the sound of things) are the reason there is no New Republic after Return of the Jedi. That’s right, they’re saying there is no New Republic. Source #2 claims to have been on set for a sequence in which we learn the Jedi Hunters worship the Sith and want to resurrect them. Their mandate was to protect the Sith at all costs and insure their survival.

This source also believes Luke Skywalker has been fighting to stop this for the last thirty years of his life, but he is outnumbered, tired, and in need of help.

Again, much more to read surrounding these rumors and how they might play out, but didn't want to quote everything.

glaurung

I like the idea that the Empire kept going even after the death of the emperor. This means that the new characters have something truly great to work toward.

DMczaf

Sounds good to me. The more I hear and see, the more I likey. Have these guys ever leaked legit info in the past?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
This would make sense if the new animated series can be considered a "set up" to anything.

It would make for something kind of interesting, a way to make episode 7 start off with tension instead of "oh look how nice everything is going" for an hour and a half before AN ANCIENT EVIL ATTACKS

Yeah it never made sense to me that the Empire seemingly is done and over at the end of ROTJ--they cut off the head sure, but they didn't really strike much of a military blow imo--the republic or rebellion would still be heavily outnumbered unless for some reason the entire ideal and support structure behind the empire died with palpatine because reasons

Moff

how do they explain skywalker's weight if the was fighting for 30 years? na they need to come up with something believable.

Mistel

Banned
Yeah it never made sense to me that the Empire seemingly is done and over at the end of ROTJ--they cut off the head sure, but they didn't really strike much of a military blow imo--the republic or rebellion would still be heavily outnumbered unless for some reason the entire ideal and support structure behind the empire died with palpatine because reasons
It did last for a long time after the end of ROTJ as lots of different incarnations.

Oersted

No movie is ever a story that "needs" to be told. They're all just stories someone felt like telling to those who felt like listening.

Erm, what? Riveting experiences, eye-opening conclusions, touching moments... all these elements can be found in good stories and can help us in our development as human.

This here sounds like fanfiction in sake of spectacle.

Busty

Banned
how do they explain skywalker's weight if the was fighting for 30 years? na they need to come up with something believable.

He's retaining water and bloating excessively owing to the amount of midichlorians in his body.

He's got more midichlorians than a
motherfucker.

pringles

I like the idea of Luke actually fighting all these years as opposed to just sitting in a hut doing nothing. Though if this is true they'll have to explain it a bit better how these "Jedi Hunters" have spent 30 years hunting jedi when there's only one jedi in the galaxy and he's still alive.

Fanfiction would include Thrawn and a bunch of EU bullshit and basically recycle a bunch of crap we're all already familiar with. That's what fanfiction does. It's always an extension of what we already know and nothing original. This sounds interesting but it's all about the execution. Still treating this like a rumor, but I like the idea.

munchie64

Erm, what? Riveting experiences, eye-opening conclusions, touching moments... all these elements can be found in good stories and can help us in our development as human.

Point me to the part that says none of the things on your list can happen.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I like the idea of jedi hunters, sounds fun and edgy, maybe to get to Luke they go after Han and Leia which brings them into the story, a convenient way to get all the old folks back.

Ah, that would be good... and Plagueis was actually mentioned in Ep 3.

Yep. Plagueis is canon and preceded Palpatine, and it would be really cool if that name/history drop in Episode III actually led to something. It was interesting learning about some of Palpatine's past, but he's not like the head macho Sith lord. This also sounds in-line with the rumored subtitle An Ancient Evil.

Whether people like it or not, the Sith will always be the antagonistic force in these films, so they will be coming back.

Blader

Sounds interesting. Also kinda sounds like KOTOR II.

Yep. Plagueis is canon and preceded Palpatine, and it would be really cool if that name/history drop in Episode III actually led to something. It was interesting learning about some of Palpatine's past, but he's not like the head macho Sith lord. This also sounds in-line with the rumored subtitle An Ancient Evil.

Whether people like it or not, the Sith will always be the antagonistic force in these films, so they will be coming back.

How long ago would Plaguies' death have been by this point, like 100 years? Figure its been 50 years since ROTS, and Palpatine was probably a younger man when he killed his master.

How long ago would Plaguies' death have been by this point, like 100 years? Figure its been 50 years since ROTS, and Palpatine was probably a younger man when he killed his master.

Oh I wasn't actually referring to Plagueis specifically about the rumored subtitle, but these new rumors in general. However the Sith in general are an ancient evil.

Kusagari

Basically any Star Wars plot is going to sound like fan fiction at this point.

At least this sounds like it could be cool.

Top Bottom