• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars IX Open Spoilers, Leaks, Trash Talk, etc. (***Warning SPOILERS***)

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I'm so glad al this spolier shit leaked. they deserve to have this piece of shit ruined, as they ruined it for everyone else.
the one thing im wondering is, why leak Palpatine before the movie? they could have had it be a massive twist instead if they kept it a secret. were they worried about JJ lying about him not being in it, and the backlash that would have, trying to avoid another Khan situation? were they worried about the backlash from the dumb idea of bringing back the Emperor itself, and decided to prep the audience beforehand through leaks? i wonder...

ST has a lot of audience manipulation going on. the way trailers are cut, how mysteries are dropped, how events are played out, how characters are delayed (waiting til the last minute to reveal Luke, Emperor) for maximum value, how expectations are setup ("You think I'm going to walk out with a laser sword..."), etc. one thing that is most frustrating is that time and time again they fail to deliver on their own setups.

clearly this is part of a strategy, to let us know ahead of time. i do wonder what the reaction would be if nobody knew Palp was coming back going into this. seems at some point they decided it was too risky to let the audience find out in ROTS, better drop hints before the film comes out. whether this is a good strat or not remains to be seen.

personally it proved to me they had zero new ideas and there is no reason to see this.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
the one thing im wondering is, why leak Palpatine before the movie? they could have had it be a massive twist instead if they kept it a secret. were they worried about JJ lying about him not being in it, and the backlash that would have, trying to avoid another Khan situation? were they worried about the backlash from the dumb idea of bringing back the Emperor itself, and decided to prep the audience beforehand through leaks? i wonder...

ST has a lot of audience manipulation going on. the way trailers are cut, how mysteries are dropped, how events are played out, how characters are delayed (waiting til the last minute to reveal Luke, Emperor) for maximum value, how expectations are setup ("You think I'm going to walk out with a laser sword..."), etc. one thing that is most frustrating is that time and time again they fail to deliver on their own setups.

clearly this is part of a strategy, to let us know ahead of time. i do wonder what the reaction would be if nobody knew Palp was coming back going into this. seems at some point they decided it was too risky to let the audience find out in ROTS, better drop hints before the film comes out. whether this is a good strat or not remains to be seen.

personally it proved to me they had zero new ideas and there is no reason to see this.

Best guess is that they think the chances of keeping it a secret are pretty much zero so they figure "if we can't keep it secret then we may as well use it for marketing".

The Khan thing was weird because the end result was always going to be that it takes people out of the movie and creates a weird conflict between the director and the audience.

So is this guy Khan or what?
Nah, he's not.
Really, cos it seems like he is?
NO he is not!
Movie : "I am Kahn".

Anyway it's a bit bizarre.

On one hand they want to introduce new characters and move on from the originals.
On the other hand they want to bring back every old character they can think of.

Weilthain

Banned
The leaked images are no longer allowed to be posted on the reddit page called "Star Wars Leaks".........

Does Disney have control over the entire internet? How long until they are after this place?
“They” are already in control here as well.

Disney is more than a little creepy to me. They are behind a lot of shit, not just terrible Star Wars management.

HarryKS

Just read the leaked script outline from the OP. Frankly, it's not that bad. Makes much more sense than the 2nd movie.

Gp1

How the hell they will redeem Kilo with a blue light saber without killing him darth vader like in ROTJ?
The man killed his own father and his uncle/master (indirectly but yeah...)

If this is a rehash of ROTJ you can bury the series

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
How the hell they will redeem Kilo with a blue light saber without killing him darth vader like in ROTJ?
because they know that sycophants will write the story for JJ. already people are excusing poor Kylo for having nothing to do with the Hosnian Prime destruction, despite being a commander on a star destroyer literally watching it happen and trying to kill the people who are trying to stop it. look at Reylo being a non-ironic thing at all. people will do any twists in their minds to make the preferred ending make sense.

feel like this could be one reason for all the early leaks. give the Cheebos of the world time to figure out their arguments in advance as to why doing all this dumb shit is actually ok. get ready for a lot of attacks on the OT once this comes out, in order to make TROS make sense. ROTJ about to get shit on endlessly by Di$ fanboys.

also, RJ has stated that Vader was way worse, so the filmmakers themselves have a dumb view of their characters, and will continue to. they are simply repeating the OT, so this is what the OT did. justifying it will be left to the comic books/novel tie ins.

Last edited:

kunonabi

because they know that sycophants will write the story for JJ. already people are excusing poor Kylo for having nothing to do with the Hosnian Prime destruction, despite being a commander on a star destroyer literally watching it happen and trying to kill the people who are trying to stop it. look at Reylo being a non-ironic thing at all. people will do any twists in their minds to make the preferred ending make sense.

feel like this could be one reason for all the early leaks. give the Cheebos of the world time to figure out their arguments in advance as to why doing all this dumb shit is actually ok. get ready for a lot of attacks on the OT once this comes out, in order to make ROTS make sense. ROTJ about to get shit on endlessly by Di$ fanboys.

also, RJ has stated that Vader was way worse, so the filmmakers themselves have a dumb view of their characters, and will continue to. they are simply repeating the OT, so this is what the OT did. justifying it will be left to the comic books/novel tie ins.

Driver is also talking about Kylo being raised by religious zealots for parents as further rationalization.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yeah and that's utterly ridiculous. Han was not a religious zealot, dude turned back into his ANH smuggler self, he wasn't even fighting in the Resistance. Leia was also given the chance to be a force person, ended up a general instead. tho i know that was a late change in TFA, since she was supposed to still be a Princess for a while. i think 3PO even calls her that in one of the shots, that's from earlier when her role wasn't settled. tho from leaks it sounds like they are trying to retcon this for IXs.

basically like everything else, it's more evidence nothing was planned out beyond "How good does this look in a trailer?"

every day it's more and more obvious they are blindly bs-ing their way through all this. Han and Leia as religious zealots would have been an interesting way to do TFA and TLJ. but it's not the way the films came out!

had TLJ done it's fucking job and provided a convincing reason for his fall, none of this would even be an issue. as is, Rian dropped the ball and some comic books are having to pick up the slack.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
The leaked images are no longer allowed to be posted on the reddit page called "Star Wars Leaks".........

Does Disney have control over the entire internet? How long until they are after this place?
/r/StarWarsLeaks is weak. The vast majority of what is posted there isn't actually a "leak", and it's not always easy to sort through the bullshit to find "actual" leaks and spoilers on there.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
The vast majority of what is posted there isn't actually a "leak"
what do you mean by this? are there other leak sources saying the film is otherwise? id be interested to hear of them.

the film as is sounds very lame, and the SWLeaks are all backed up by the footage we have seen. the Emperor having Death Star Destroyers on ice (literally! oh that JJ is so clever!). the wayfinders (the blue thing on the dashboard of the MF cockpit). the Emperor's throne ripping off Ralph McQuarrie's original design for ROTJ. even the mechanical arm moving him around war predicted by them. Rey/Kylo teaming up, predicted. 3PO having his memory wiped, predicted.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
RJ killed Star Wars, there is no ifs or butts about it.

TFA made huge money. It was a bit dicisive, but decent enough as a reboot/sequel. Rey wasn't the best choice but there was a bit of a hook there with who are her parents/whats her back story. Finn and Poe seemed like they were cool and we could grow with them over 3 movies. Luke was still in the background but we knew we were going to see him soon. Can't help it that Ford wanted to kill himself but it made sense in the story that his Son offed him.

Then RJ just fucked the whole thing with his pro WOMANZ boring ass slow chase movie.

Now JJ has to basically cram 2 movies in Rise and deal with all the backlash and Disney losing its shit because they can't have SW bomb.

Imagine TLJ we get introduced to Palps and that he is Rey's father/Grandfather/creator. Play with Kylo/Rey going light/dark more. End the second movie with the hook of will Palps overtake the galaxy again and will Rey become bad. Don't kill Luke and make him a punk. Have the FO team up with the resistance to fight Palps who was using them this whole time.

Then you would have your 3rd movie. Will Rey stay good, will Kylo redeem himself, what will Luke do now that the emperor is back and his sister is dead? (I would of had Palps kill Leaia to add some gravitas). Can the galaxy defeat Palps and his army? You have some hooks and story beats to be excited about. Oh and Rey is at her low point so we are invested in seeing how she will turn things around.

Instead RJ and KK were like WOMANZ, lets make all the men idiots, lets retcon everything good about SW, and have this slow boring ass chase in space take up 70% of the movie. And lets dump it on JJ's lap to fix everything while beholded to China and diversity and having to please every demographic because SW can't bomb not this one.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
holy shit at the ending. not that it is anything new, but i just keep thinking back to it, Rey calling herself "Rey Skywalker", one of Palpatine's creations inheriting all the Skywalker relics, after killing the last Skywalker, effectively snuffing out the family once and for all. the ST filmmakers have decided, no this isn't about a galaxy far away, it's about this one family, and it's ending, because that family line is being extinguished.

she looks at the twin suns in a fucking parody of meaning & mythology, like JJ is some alien robot trying and desperately failing to imitate human behavior, and can only do so through rote repetition of things he has seen and has on file.

if it turns out that she has a non-Palpatine biological family, one that tried to hide her from these godlike force weilders, a family that gave their lives for her, she will be turning her back on her real family. i can think of no other example of postmodern filmmaking morals than this. a film series that was once "all about family" turned into a fucking joke.

Last edited:
Just read those leaks
I'm honestly both shocked and very disappointed, I feel like this could easily be the worst Star Wars movie ever released

Based on what I saw so far:

Palpatine resurrected only 'cause they couldn' t create an interesting enough new villain, yet without a good explanation
Ben / Kylo " dies " by being thrown in a pit, an useless ending for his character after so much hype, I just feel the pit death is a little overused, wtf is this, the Looney Tunes canyon? Just put Wile E. Coyote and the slam sound when a char falls in, could be at least funny
Or throw in a pit all those scripts, ffs
No background for Snoke iirc
Also, for the pit thing, if the emperor survived a fall and explosion, why not bring back Master Windu? Certainly a far better character than most newer ones
No Anakin, NO ANAKIN : this is the biggest disappointing factor for me personally, I was counting on it for a proper closure to the Skywalker saga, aaand of course Disney nailed it with the only appropriate thing missing from this mess of a movie
Finn wasted, no comment

Rey, Rey Skywalker, LOL. Just LOL.

What a piece of trash ( sorry for this rage boost post guys, had a bad day)

#Phonepunk#

Banned
ive updated the original post to include leaked images that have been scrubbed from reddit. also there is the leaker response to the trailer.

some other updates from recent days:

- new comic book is out about Kylo Ren, suggests the crucial event at the heart of the backstory, School Shooter Ben, which occurred largely offscreen and was poorly described in TLJ through a 5 minute sequence told 3 different ways, didn't go the way people imagine it would (of course). there was always the question of what happened to Luke's other students, who TFA suggested were killed, or that "he took half with him", suggesting maybe they were the Knights of Ren. now this comic book confirms they were not the KOR, the KOR are some random other guys. furthermore it might be that Kylo was actually fighting in self defense (???) and that in reality it was the students who thought Luke was dead (apparently being a Jedi has now nothing to do with being able to tell if people are alive or dead) trying to kill him which drove him to the dark side, which, LOL, now we are retcon ruining characters we thought had died tragically just two movies ago, great job.

- another book is being released that has Han Solo pawning off Luke's medal for blowing up the Death Star for drinking money. him being an alcoholic isn't in any of the movies but i guess this is canon now that any jackass writing a comic is creating official canon. got to make him seem like a piece of shit to justify your uwu Bendemption. poor widdle baby nofing is his fawlt.

Last edited:

kunonabi

ive updated the original post to include leaked images that have been scrubbed from reddit. also there is the leaker response to the trailer.

some other updates from recent days:

- new comic book is out about Kylo Ren, suggests the crucial event at the heart of the backstory, School Shooter Ben, which occurred largely offscreen and was poorly described in TLJ through a 5 minute sequence told 3 different ways, didn't go the way people imagine it would (of course). there was always the question of what happened to Luke's other students, who TFA suggested were killed, or that "he took half with him", suggesting maybe they were the Knights of Ren. now this comic book confirms they were not the KOR, the KOR are some random other guys. furthermore it might be that Kylo was actually fighting in self defense (???) and that in reality it was the students who thought Luke was dead (apparently being a Jedi has now nothing to do with being able to tell if people are alive or dead) trying to kill him which drove him to the dark side, which, LOL, now we are retcon ruining characters we thought had died tragically just two movies ago, great job.

- another book is being released that has Han Solo pawning off Luke's medal for blowing up the Death Star for drinking money. him being an alcoholic isn't in any of the movies but i guess this is canon now that any jackass writing a comic is creating official canon. got to make him seem like a piece of shit to justify your uwu Bendemption. poor widdle baby nofing is his fawlt.

The modern comic book industry is all about tearing down beloved characters and the ST is no stranger to that nonsense either so I'm not at all shocked at how bad these new SW comics are turning out to be. Making them canon probably just emboldened them even more.

That's why I stick to to the original six films and nothing else. All the other stuff, including Clone Wars and Rebels, just doesnt fit.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Rey Skywalker makes sense.

She is taking the Skywalker name from the patriarchy. It was steeped in toxic masculinity. You can't have the Galaxy knowing the Skywalker name because of what some MAN did. And a WHYTE MAN to boot.

Now the galaxy will think of female and WOMANZ power when they hear Skywalker. Rey did what not even Luke or Anakin 2 smelly men could do, she killed the ultimate PATRIARCH Donald Trump, er I mean Palpatine.

Yoda

Won't even the wokenatti audience who these movies are made for question wtf Palpatine is doing in the film? He was dropped down a mile lone vent shaft, and if that somehow didn't kill him, the death star blowing up certainly did... It's like Dragonball Z now or something.

HarryKS

Hopefully, she was grown out of Anakin's cells, some sort of hidden side-project and is not truly a descendant of Palpatine. That'd work better.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Won't even the wokenatti audience who these movies are made for question wtf Palpatine is doing in the film? He was dropped down a mile lone vent shaft, and if that somehow didn't kill him, the death star blowing up certainly did... It's like Dragonball Z now or something.
as long as it is used to support their agenda they will buy anything. look at TLJ. a film full of idiotic characters doing dumb things, all of which is overlooked because it supports a feminist agenda. more and more I believe that RJ got so much leeway from KK due to this, that it is something they both agree on. this is why she liked his script so much and signed off on his own trilogy. they have decided the ST needs to aim to a female market and place females at the center of everything, and he is more than accommodating to this aim.

RJ was invited to do the third movie as well by KK, probably for these reasons. he turned he down, which is understandable, considering he was asked while still working on TLJ and it would have been expect that he turn in the next sequel (as well as finish and release TLJ) within 2 years. the unreasonable release schedule is one of the management decisions that have utterly fucked the trilogy. either of these directors may have been capable of putting together 2/3 of a trilogy given more than 4 years in total from start to finish. capitalism fucking over the art once again.
Rey Skywalker makes sense.

She is taking the Skywalker name from the patriarchy. It was steeped in toxic masculinity. You can't have the Galaxy knowing the Skywalker name because of what some MAN did. And a WHYTE MAN to boot.

Now the galaxy will think of female and WOMANZ power when they hear Skywalker. Rey did what not even Luke or Anakin 2 smelly men could do, she killed the ultimate PATRIARCH Donald Trump, er I mean Palpatine.
personally i see nothing inherently wrong w feminism and am open to arguments in favor of justice but the more i look at the ST, and TLJ specifically, the more it seems like a purposeful agenda driven film. time and time again the relationships between men and women in this film are never normal. there is not a single stable, respectful, realistic relationship between two members of the opposite sex, everything is framed in a combative way. moreover the character all act unrealistically given the supposed seriousness of the situation. Laura Dern's character has this weird, smarmy, needlessly aggressive tone to her. it is like Rian wanted to show off how feminist he was with these characters.

we are supposed to trust this snarky, bitchy person, introduced in the same scene where it is revealed Admiral Ackbar (a commander famous for telling his crew wtf was up) died offscreen and we are stuck w this new lady. this person who ends up committing suicide, which was or wasn't part of the plan, i guess, it is not clear, because she waits while and lets a bunch of other ships get blown up before doing it, but that begs the question of why not just do it as soon as everyone left the ship? every other commander in SW, from Leia to Mon Mothma, is shown explaining the details of every mission in a briefing to everyone in the room, including random contracted smugglers like Han Solo. yet this person can just act like a nyah-nyah-nyah "I'm not telling you" while belittling one of the three leads of the last movie and the audience has to accept that? this movie is so badly written. it is not that they are women, it is that Rian, a man, badly wrote these women.

they are all acting poorly, and it is hard to enjoy a film where the heroes are all doing dumb, often violent, things towards one another. Poe's first sequence has him turning off the comm link to Leia, ignoring his commander in the heat of battle, and getting Roses's sister killed in an unsanctioned action. right away we have been shown a man acting irresponsibly. then Rose robs all agency from Finn in her very first scene, where she blabbers like a nervous fangirl and manically turns to suspicion, calling him a traitor and tasering him, incapacitating his body in a disturbingly comic moment. it was at this point i wondered if Rian was a narc. by the time i got to Canto Bight, i was sure.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so what does everyone think of the idea to have Han Solo appear to Kylo and for that to be his big redeeming moment? apparently that is the thing that makes him turn good! to me it's another baffling character ruining decision, whether he is a force ghost or not:

- if he is a force ghost, then his ghost will be forgiving his own killer! this is beyond stupid to me. imagine Hannibal Lector having a ghost of one of his victims show up and forgive him. LOL "It's all good, the person he killed forgives him!" also i guess Han Solo has the force now (honestly a murder victim forgiving their killer seems a bigger deal than force lore at this point)

- if Kylo is simply imagining this, that would be even worse. in that case he would effectively be redeeming himself, by hallucinating that the parent he killed forgave him. so in this scenario Hannibal imagines that the ghost of one of his victims forgave him! LOL "Hey guys, he's good now, because he imagines that his murder victim forgives him!"

then again maybe they realized just how stupid this would be and it's one of the many things they are desperately reshooting a month and a half before the movie is out...

Last edited:

MisterHero

IIRC Luke is in the scene as well. Maybe he is powerful enough to briefly bring non-Force beings back. Like Luke said, Han will always be apart of him, just like Luke, Leia and Vader.

Also, Han forgave Ben the moment he did what he did. It's fucking sad, but maybe Han knew that was what Ben would need to change in the future.

It's one of the scenes I'm looking forward to the most, because I believed that Harrison Ford was done with Star Wars. He still is, but I really want some Solo family time.

Also, the series is like 90% about Jedi/Sith and their parents/children. It would be interesting to see how a normal person like Han would approach his relationship with his Force-strong son.

I'm just saying it's all interesting. I seriously doubt they explored it though.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I want Solo family time as well. How come Leia hasn’t said a single word to Ben? Leia is the reason he is force sensitive, she is his mom and Vader’s daughter. Isn’t this new series “all about women”? Why is Leia irrelevant? Are we gonna see Han’s ghost talk to Ben before Leia?

She is even in the end of TLJ staring right at him on Crait and nothing happens. Even though both are force users who it was earlier established can sense each other’s presence, who have never had the chance to meet until now, and they are just a few minutes away from one another and we get nothing. Instead he just tries to kill them like she did not matter.

Hopefully if Han is there to forgive him Leia is there as well. Then again she did tell Luke he was too far gone didn’t she? Would be very shitty for Han to show up and redeem him and Leia just not be there.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
what do you mean by this? are there other leak sources saying the film is otherwise? id be interested to hear of them.

I just mean the subreddit as a whole reads more like a half assed Star Wars news feed moreso than a "leaks/spoilers" feed. Or even a rumors feed (though that would fit a bit better). I'm not doubting the authenticity of the leaked plot... all signs seem to point to it being legit.

Hopefully if Han is there to forgive him Leia is there as well. Then again she did tell Luke he was too far gone didn’t she? Would be very shitty for Han to show up and redeem him and Leia just not be there.

Can't wait to find out how non-Force-user Han will be able to manifest as a Force ghost. (More likely it just won't be explained at all.) When he appears, I hope someone is there to tell him that's not how the Force works.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Lawrence Kasdan, writer on the Empire Strikes Back, The Force Awakens, and Solo, is done with working on the series. they sent people to his house with a new script and he turned them down. also he says they "Blew it" with Solo.

He really shouldn't be throwing blame around considering the godawful script he and his son shat out.

mcz117chief

That's why I stick to to the original six films and nothing else. All the other stuff, including Clone Wars and Rebels, just doesnt fit.
I would suggest you listen to the radio drama of Episode IV, it gives you an extra hour of content about stuff that happened before Tantive IV got captured. Really good stuff.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so among all the new media released to drum up interest in this movie, there have been a lot of scenes seemingly confirming the leaks. there is one really poorly made "TV spot" where they are all yelling each other's names in quick cuts, and Rey is yelling "Chewbacca!" i guess lending credence to the "Rey accidentally kills Chewie because she is too OP for her own good" subplot. ugh, that is one reason i am not seeing this movie. even if they don't actually kill Chewie & Lando & the Falcon, they will still have this bad fake out. poor Chewie, reduced to being shamed by vegans in the previous film, he's now a OT death there to justify Rey's character growth. just like Luke!

there is also some scene of them in a cave, it looks like that is where the worm happens, where Rey find the dagger and Force Jesus Healing power is introduced into the series. Rey more or less being divine is the icing on the cake, and Chris Terrio I know has a corrupted Jesus fetish from watching his trashy Superman films, no doubt they will lean on that melodrama. tbh, the actors can probably pull it off, they are good enough. if this fails, it will totally be on the writers & director.

what else has been leaked recently? Rey standing outside of a TIE on what looks to be Ach-Too, meaning THAT whole retread, "paying homage" to TLJ, the way Lucas revisited earlier entries for fanservice in ROTJ, the very movie they are copying. so they will copy the copy, Luke goes back to Dagobah, Rey goes back to Ireland.

Rey then retraces Luke's final arc, but better, because she is that much better than him, she will throw the lightsaber better than him, she will reject the Jedi way & move to Ireland even before she is drinking age, and her crimes will be far deeper & more serious & epic than his in every way. Luke will be a ghostly spin doctor for the war like the end of TLJ. then later after she defeats the Emperor (with the help of the voices (alone, thanks China) pf a bunch of disembodied Jedi Cheerleaders). after that moves into his childhood home and becomes his adopted daughter years after he has died, then starts telling people she is a Skywalker, even though she still isn't, she's totally this brave new character, for sure? this for real? LOL such trash. i believe it, with these hacks at the helm.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
I refuse to watch it honestly and that’s because of the spoilers.

killing Chewbacca would make me yell out “I can’t believe I paid for this shit” and walk out anyway. No one wants to see their dog die. Assholes, complete fucking clueless assholes. Fuck Disney and their cookie cutter, soulless and completely unoriginal Marvel garbage. They’re literally the modern day Empire and we all just seem to be okay with it and want more? Wake up!

I used to adore Star Wars up Until Disney Wars. Rogue One I enjoyed quite a bit and I’m sure Filoni and Favreau are doing their best to save Star Wars with Mandolarian but the sequel trilogy is a ducking abomination that makes me appreciate the prequels more so than I already kinda did.

It does not please me to see everything I loved about Star Wars literally fucking murdered in front of me.

Second time ever I’m not going to see a Star Wars movie in theatres. First was Solo (which was better tha 7 and 8) but no fucking way will I pay for this. Not happening.

why George? Why!!!????

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned
Rey is a Disney+ woman. She don't need none of that mansplaining Jedi training. She has the force coming out of her wherever.

prag16

Banned
I refuse to watch it honestly and that’s because of the spoilers.

killing Chewbacca would make me yell out “I can’t believe I paid for this shit” and walk out anyway. No one wants to see their dog die. Assholes, complete fucking clueless assholes. Fuck Disney and their cookie cutter, soulless and completely unoriginal Marvel garbage. They’re literally the modern day Empire and we all just seem to be okay with it and want more? Wake up!

I used to adore Star Wars up Until Disney Wars. Rogue One I enjoyed quite a bit and I’m sure Filoni and Favreau are doing their best to save Star Wars with Mandolarian but the sequel trilogy is a ducking abomination that makes me appreciate the prequels more so than I already kinda did.

It does not please me to see everything I loved about Star Wars literally fucking murdered in front of me.

Second time ever I’m not going to see a Star Wars movie in theatres. First was Solo (which was better tha 7 and 8) but no fucking way will I pay for this. Not happening.

why George? Why!!!????
If the leaks about conveniently having R2, 3PO, Lando, Leia, and Chewie all huddled in the Falcon when it gets blown up turn out to be true, there will be riots. It's like "which classic characters are still alive? ...gotta take care of that all at once!". And while I don't much like the idea of Rey hearing some dead Jedi voices, which gives her the power to deflect the Emperor's lightning back at him and kill him... taking it a step further and having Rey use lightning to cripple an entire fleep up in orbit? I will literally burst out laughing in the theater. I have my tickets for opening night because I am a masochist, but the one good thing about these leaks and spoilers is that they have my expectations set about as low as they can possibly go.

kunonabi

I'm not skipping Rise due to the leaks since they are so freakin bad that I refuse to believe them but I am skipping it because of how godawful the first 3 Disney SW flicks were and Lucasfilm's painfully unprofessional interactions with their consumers.

I have the original six films and some video games and that's all the SW I need going forward.

About 15 years ago when I used to go on sites like comingsoon.net and aintitcool.com on a daily basis I remember there being a review of a script leak of the movie The Village. It was so god damn goofy that it went from being a "I don't give a shit about this movie" to "This is so dumb I need to see if that leak was for real".

It was real (other than the rumored final line of the movie)

These Ep9 leaks have taken it to "This is so dumb I need to see if it's true" territory. If they're true, then wow this movie sounds bad, interesting bad.

What do you guys think it will do in the box office? I'm thinking slightly less than TLJ.

kunonabi

About 15 years ago when I used to go on sites like comingsoon.net and aintitcool.com on a daily basis I remember there being a review of a script leak of the movie The Village. It was so god damn goofy that it went from being a "I don't give a shit about this movie" to "This is so dumb I need to see if that leak was for real".

It was real (other than the rumored final line of the movie)

These Ep9 leaks have taken it to "This is so dumb I need to see if it's true" territory. If they're true, then wow this movie sounds bad, interesting bad.

What do you guys think it will do in the box office? I'm thinking slightly less than TLJ.

Third movies in a SW trilogy usually do better than the middle chapter but short of the first. TLJ had poor legs due to Jumanji and WoM so I'd be very surprised if it does worse. Maybe if the Jumanji lightning strikes twice and Cats exceeds expectations it could happen. Disney is also pulling out all the stops lately to inflate grosses so they probably wont let it come under TLJ anyway. At least domestically, worldwide might be a collapse they cant prevent.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Kind of interesting post from MakingStarWars, admitting JJ was leaning either Palpatine or “nobody” and that there was no plan. Given how extreme those two positions are, it seems pretty obvious there was no plan. The fact Jason keeps leaning on “no plan in the OT either!” is telling.

The idea that “nobody” and “granddaughter of the Emperor” were both acceptable outcomes is just LOL

Also apparently Snoke was a clone. There are barrels of Snoke clones just sitting around LOL

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
So it’s like they seriously took the “no source material” line until realizing they had made a shitty copy of the Dark Empire comics I read when I was 12. Except Rian took the scene where Luke takes down an AT AT and said “NUH UH!”

Guess we can clone force powers now why the hell not since the force has been destroyed many times over at this point

shoplifter

I have opening night tickets but I've already told my kids (who I haven't spoiled) that I'm prepared to walk out if this actually is in the fucking film.

prag16

Banned
Kind of interesting post from MakingStarWars, admitting JJ was leaning either Palpatine or “nobody” and that there was no plan. Given how extreme those two positions are, it seems pretty obvious there was no plan. The fact Jason keeps leaning on “no plan in the OT either!” is telling.

The idea that “nobody” and “granddaughter of the Emperor” were both acceptable outcomes is just LOL

Also apparently Snoke was a clone. There are barrels of Snoke clones just sitting around LOL

Those combined with this seem like a little... much: https://makingstarwars.net/2019/11/...lker-the-skeleton-key-to-episode-ix-spoilers/

Meaning, they seem to be trying to cram five pounds of shit into a four pound bag with this movie... maybe because Rian's entire movie was a slow speed chase and a fetch quest that didn't actually advance anything in some ways. Such a poorly planned out trilogy. And no, Jason from MSW.. this trilogy not having a planned framework isn't the same thing as the OT not having a planned framework. And the PT obviously DID have a planned framework, so don't give me that nonsense about this ALWAYS being the way Star Wars is done. He's too much of a company man sometimes..

However they execute Rey stomping Sheev, hopefully it's at least remotely reasonable/believable. Because at face value some of those spoilers would literally have me bursting out laughing in the theater.

I have opening night tickets but I've already told my kids (who I haven't spoiled) that I'm prepared to walk out if this actually is in the fucking film.

Yeah... if that rumored scene where they conveniently collect all remaining OT characters in the Falcon, then blow up the falcon, is accurate....

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
If they destroy the Falcon and kill Chewie/Lando/R2/C3PO in one swoop the nerd rage will more powerful than 10 deathstars.

I think that would basically kill the movie and franchise and after everyone sees it once they won't go back, and the WOM will end up being horrible.

The Falcon IMO is more iconic than Luke/Leia/Han/Vader/Palpetine etc.... Destroying the Falcon is probably the last straw for most fans.

I think the rumor is fake or will be edited out of the movie because JJ can't be that stupid.

cryptoadam

Banned
Not a chance in hell that Disney kill Lando. A non-binary black man. Imagine the backlash.

before he dies they reveal a twist, Lando was a white man in blackface all the time, a straight cis white men, name Justin Trudeau! Then they can kill him off with a guilty free conscious.

But ya I could see Lando somehow surviving while Chewie/R2/C3P0 and the Falcon all go bye bye since none of em are a protected class. But Lando will have survived because Luke trained him to be a jedi at some point and he can use the same force flying powers Leia used.

prag16

Banned
I think the rumor is fake or will be edited out of the movie because JJ can't be that stupid.
One would hope. You'd think at the end of the day they want money. And that particular choice would cost them a lot of money. Too much smoke for there not to be fire, but yeah, probably was in an earlier script or earlier cut... I'd be pretty surprised if something like that made/makes it info the final cut.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
And no, Jason from MSW.. this trilogy not having a planned framework isn't the same thing as the OT not having a planned framework.
yeah it is weird to keep seeing this myth spread around. no less by this insider. makes me think he is really connected, since pretty much every time he drops a leak, he seems to try and justify it. it reads like he gets a little info about the plot, then he does all the headcanon explaining and includes that in every drop. he sounds like a guy trying to will this thing into making sense.

personally, the reveal of a roomful of dead Snoke clones only introduces more questions: where were all these guys? did they all pull TLJs in different parts of the galaxy? Snokes in every quadrant, getting merc'd by random force users we will never see? or were they all killed by Kylo as well, and there are clones of Kylo too, Neo-style? was there ever an original Snoke or is he just a name given to a clone of Emperor? this "answer" is just another JJ mystery box.

the one good thing from it seems to be, fans will be able to go to Rian and tell him HIS Snoke theory sucks!

Jason really seems like an insider to me tho. the day he dropped "Wicket/Ewoks are in the movie!" it took be by surprise. i don't recall Ewoks at all in the leaked script. it was just a shot of a guy trying on a costume and he jumped to "We have confirmation, Ewoks are in the movie!" maybe i missed something...

Last edited:
Top Bottom