• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars IX Open Spoilers, Leaks, Trash Talk, etc. (***Warning SPOILERS***)

prag16

Banned
It's just kinda something you want to address on how a 200 year old grotesque senator can get poon but your virgin fanbase can't.
Canonically, I think it's around 55 years between Sheev becoming disfigured, and the events of Rise of Skywalker. Rey is early 20s, so technically he could have knocked up Rey's grandmother BEFORE he became completely disfigured. Before that he was an okay looking older guy. Totally plausible he could have gotten some action. After all, he was rich and powerful as fuck.

Canonically, I think it's around 55 years between Sheev becoming disfigured, and the events of Rise of Skywalker. Rey is early 20s, so technically he could have knocked up Rey's grandmother BEFORE he became completely disfigured. Before that he was an okay looking older guy. Totally plausible he could have gotten some action. After all, he was rich and powerful as fuck.
Plot twist: It was Shmi.

In all honesty, the movies from ROTJ and on were heavily criticized from Ewoks, to Jar-Jar and "yippie!" and "Roger, Roger" to lol romance, "I hate sand" to "UNLIMITED POWER" and "nooooooo!!!!"

Granted the PT was still goofy fun and while I felt it's really where SW kinda fell apart, Ewan was great as Obi-Wan.

But.... But at least Lucas left the expanded universe in a gray area and the best Star Wars since the OT, KOTOR 1 and 2, came out of it.

Kathleen Kennedy / Disney reallt botched it up.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Imagine you could have the likes of Timothy Zahn or Mike Stackpole who have been into writing much beloved Star Wars fiction for 30 years writing your sequels, but then decide to go with some slutty just out of college chicks, just because you want to annoy your fan base.
And then complain about your fan base being annoyed because the sequels you created are shit.

FYI:
That photo was taken at a film festival for high school students meant to promote female film makers. Not sure what's "slutty" about loose fitting T-shirts, or is that just a word you use to describe little girls when you're angry?

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yo, as much as i hate these movies, they look fucking gorgeous holy shit
nah looks like muddy crap. what am i looking at? can't even make out basic shapes LOL

no set design at all either. ooh a powdery floor that could be in any generic movie ever!

guess blurry sets smoke and lightning impresses people tho

Last edited:
FYI:
That photo was taken at a film festival for high school students meant to promote female film makers. Not sure what's "slutty" about loose fitting T-shirts, or is that just a word you use to describe little girls when you're angry?

Yes yes, let's promote more females in filmmaking not because most of them want to do it, but because it needs to happen--by giving everyone ridiculous t-shirts that insult the primary fanbase of the multi billion dollar film franchise you just burned to the ground.

Well done Kathleen, well done. However...

#Phonepunk#

Banned
when you get to be older, you will look back at people in their 20s and they will look like kids to you. it happens as you age.

im watching that TLJ video wow right out the gate this guy is really aggressive and angry. ugh and the tone is so condescending. he's giving me a disclaimer saying "by watching this review you agree to" jfc calm the fuck down dude. watch a Mauler video and the guy is extremely calm and considered.

...3 minutes into it, i can't sit through this. he's entirely focused on the meta reception. right now there is a series of mocking fake fan criticisms shitting on Empire Strikes Back. it is like looking at a message board comment section where someone shits on OT films instead of talking about the subject at hand. what is with all the distractions? i thought this video was on TLJ. 3 minutes in and i have see nothing at all on the film itself. just talk about reception, toxic fans, etc. no discussion of lighting or camerawork. it's hyper focused on the fandom and meta reception.

i skipped around a bit and it's all unfocused, it is a takedown of common criticisms rather than an original take on the film. it is not analysis of the text but criticism of the reception. im not interested in whether or not it is hypocritical to think people should have to breathe in outer space in one movie but not another. that doesn't tell me why TLJ is good.

i see why people like this like TLJ tho, they are so focused on the narratives. Rian was this way as well. personally, i find it a turn off, and that it goes against the original spirit.

Last edited:

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Yes yes, let's promote more females in filmmaking not because most of them want to do it, but because it needs to happen--by giving everyone ridiculous t-shirts that insult the primary fanbase of the multi billion dollar film franchise you just burned to the ground.

Well done Kathleen, well done. However...
Those T shirts made you mad? Why?

Last edited:

NickFire

The latest leaks indicate that it won't be explained, for what that's worth.
That will be very disappointing if true. I want to know exactly how he survived (or came back if not) and what he was up to. But if they stealth dropped a Disney+ feature or even mainstream movie with those details, that might be even better.

Somehow while typing this I just got warm feelings about how glorious it would be if he somehow used Kylo DNA to bring Vader back, showed him he really did have the key to life in his hands, followed by Vader killing him permanently and going on a war path. A guy can dream right?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I mean he is emperor in sole charge of a powerful military force and he himself has magic powers. He is not in a position to have to convince any woman (or man) to do anything.

If he was anything like Genghis Khan he probably had quite a few children.

GV82

Are they going to explain how Emperor Palpatine convinced someone to have sex with him while in grotesque form in order for Rey Palpatine to be a thing?

When Palpatine Created Anakin through Shmi there was no Sex mind you.

rvrGm2o.jpg

Yes this is Cannon and I’m sorry what this information does for anyone, I know right? 😑

Unless they have since retconned this page was from Disney Cannon, even if they changed this, this will probably be the explanation for Rey.

Last edited:

*Nightwing

When Palpatine Created Anakin through Shmi there was no Sex mind you.

rvrGm2o.jpg

Yes this is Cannon and I’m sorry what this information does for anyone, I know right? 😑

Unless they have since retconned this page was from Disney Cannon, even if they changed this, this will probably be the explanation for Rey.

So with Kylo being Palpatine's great grandson and Rey being his daughter, the leaked kiss between Kylo and Rey seems to have missed the same mark as Luke and Leia in Empire as if it happens as described the kiss occurs after they both know who Rey really is? Its like a rollercoaster for me, now I'm starting to feel like I can't wait to see this trainwreck

Caffeine

So with Kylo being Palpatine's great grandson and Rey being his daughter, the leaked kiss between Kylo and Rey seems to have missed the same mark as Luke and Leia in Empire as if it happens as described the kiss occurs after they both know who Rey really is? Its like a rollercoaster for me, now I'm starting to feel like I can't wait to see this trainwreck
ye they are basically 2nd cousins or something. although not biologically? so its weird.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
see, Rey's parents truly were nobody! just once in a lifetime manifestations of the living force created by the Emperor of the galaxy and sharing direct canonical lineage with Anakin Skywalker. you know, nobodies!

Last edited:

Ixiah

Banned
Holy fuck, if the Emperor could siphon Force Users to stay Young, why not do it in Part 6 ?
A single Star Destroyer enables Communication between hundreds of other Ships ?
Speaking of which, why arent both sides using The SJW Manoeuvre and fly unmanned Ships at Lightspeed into their opposing Armadas ?
Rey, the Mary Sue to end all Mary Sues cant beat The Emperor alone ?
Where the fuck did the giant Rebel Army come from ?
Rey´s Charisma ?
Holy hell, i dont think even Uwe Boll could have made an more disapointing Star Wars Movie.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
although its said star wars trailer reveals too many spoilers compares to other series of adventures movies.
it comes across as desperate tbh. they are just shoving film clips at us.

funny thing is the more i see of the movie the more im like, nah, thanks but no thanks. the Fortnite clip straight up looked like some pre-show Oscar skit.
Watching the prequels on TNT as they're doing a marathon
this might be the ideal way to see them! the commercial breaks actually fit in, given George's serialized style of movietelling. love to veg out on the couch on a lazy afternoon w some prequels.

Last edited:
The more I hear about this movie, the funnier it gets. I can't wait for this shit. It's hard for me to get mad about it anymore since it's gotten so ridiculous.

I'm thinking about going opening weekend so I can hear other people laugh their asses off when Palpatine fucking explodes

kunonabi

The more I hear about this movie, the funnier it gets. I can't wait for this shit. It's hard for me to get mad about it anymore since it's gotten so ridiculous.

I'm thinking about going opening weekend so I can hear other people laugh their asses off when Palpatine fucking explodes

I'm really hoping the latest rumor about Anakin being the person to ask Rey's name is true for maximum stupidity.

Today's visual dictionary and SoundCloud leaks confirm the spelling of Sheev's planet - it's Exegol, while the early leaks had it as Exogol.
A recent 4chan leak specifically mentions the Exegol spelling so this is the one I hope is real, archive here: http://archive.is/dlnCO

The premiere is on 16 and it goes wide on 18 in many countries. This has the potential to be an even bigger trainwreck than TLJ :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Fnord

That really is an amazing quote.

Look, this isn't like Marvel, we can't just ape characters and stories from existing content. It's not like we have an expanded universe of content to pull from or anything, literally all we have to work with here is a roomful of people chatting about where things could go and billions upon billions of dollars to hire more talent. Give us a break here.

Also, they have comics and 800 page novels.

Fnord

I don't believe there was NO plan for the trilogy.
I believe that they saw criticism of TFA for "copying" ANH and as a result allowed Johnson to do whatever he wanted and "surprise" the audience.
Things like Leia in space are so "out there" I just can't believe that any sensible person would write that into a Star Wars film.
Unless they were told they had free reign to do anything and they had to do unpredictable stuff that would surprise the audience.

Except that Johnson had begun writing Episode 8 before Episode 7 hit theaters. I'm still convinced that eight was just a giant troll by Rian Johnson. Pretty much backed up by his comments (intentionally wanted 50% to love it and 50% to hate it, intentionally sought to "subvert expectations," etc...).

mcz117chief

Except that Johnson had begun writing Episode 8 before Episode 7 hit theaters. I'm still convinced that eight was just a giant troll by Rian Johnson. Pretty much backed up by his comments (intentionally wanted 50% to love it and 50% to hate it, intentionally sought to "subvert expectations," etc...).
It 100% was a troll move. So they should troll him back and have Episode "10" start with Luke waking up from a terrible dream a couple of years after Episode 6 in his Jedi temple on Yavin IV with Leia asking him if he is ok. Literally the only way to salvage this utter disgrace of a trilogy.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Premier is today so we should have confirmation of of these leaks later.

I’m so glad I spoiled myself for this one. The whole message of TLJ felt like “having your own expectations for what should happen is bad” and ever since I decided maybe I should just read as much as I can and wait for full reviews and make an informed decision rather than blindly buying a ticket. If I’m a bad fan for having “head canon” then best to not engage at all with my imagination and just look at this like a cold hard consumer purchase. I can read about the movie and decide if I want to see it, which I don’t, based on the evidence.

Sounds like this will pay off cos this movie is terrible. So I’m glad I kept myself informed instead of betting on these hacks. Sad I didn’t take the same route with the last one.

Last edited:
As soon as the plot synopsis drops on Wikipedia, we're in for a treat.

When Kathleen "retires" after this and Roundhead stops acting likr he still has a chance of ever directing Star Wars again, and Favreau is announced as the writer/director of an Old Republic movie or something, the vindication will be sweet.

Last edited:
My post got whacked out somehow.

Anyway, when Kathleen "retires" after this and Roundhead stops acting like he has a prayer of ever directing Star Wars again, and Favreau is announced as the writer/director of an Old Republic movie or something, the vindication will be sweet.

Top Bottom