• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars IX Panel Livestream

Grinchy

Banned
Damn, Lando can barely walk and can barely construct sentences. His role in the next movie will be interesting.

This presentation is pretty boring and dragged out for someone who isn't some die hard Star Wars fan, unfortunately.

iconmaster

Banned
giphy.gif

Liamario

Banned
Any thoughts on the title, because I've got nothing. I hope it's not some retconning or something of that nature.

Edit- Skywalker is the new name for the group of force users that they establish. The Skywalkers.

Last edited:

Aurelian

my friends call me "Cunty"
Any thoughts on the title, because I've got nothing. I hope it's not some retconning or something of that nature.

Edit- Skywalker is the new name for the group of force users that they establish. The Skywalkers.

Could be a reference to Rey, or Kylo, or maybe even a replacement for the Jedi (that is, its disciples are all Skywalkers).

Javthusiast

Banned
Helmet is back. Skywalker's are back. Emperor is back. Rian must be pissed.

Then again why would he? He doesn't give a damn about the franchise.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Palpatine's
laugh makes my pants shrink every time.

I was pretty disappointed by the way mysteries from TFA were handled in TLJ, but I'm pretty damn excited for this one.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Also, please for the love of jeebus give us way more awesome lightsaber battles. Tired of this new trilogy barely having any so far.

Last edited:

dan76

So the Emperor is back and was that a part of the Death Star in the ocean? I hope so.
Other than that it looks... eh. One of the main problems with TLJ was there were too many characters to deal with, and this looks the same.

There's no denying that JJ is far, far more accomplished as a filmmaker than RJ. If you watch TFA opening shots with Kylo Ren, even just the beginning of the movie captures superior cinematography, color, action, acting. TFA for all it's faults of playing it safe managed to at least feel like Star Wars, and managed to introduce new characters with relatively unknown actors that people didn't immediately hate.

There's no doubt this will be better than VIII. I just don't know if it can truly fix all the damage. I can't imagine wanting to ever rewatch VIII to watch this whole trilogy again.

Nymphae

Banned
The whole thing has this sickening corporate feel to it now. When I was growing up and into Star Wars before the prequels, obviously it was a big media property, but it still felt like Lucas's thing for better or worse. I only had the rereleased OT on VHS, and various toys and models and half decent games. It just all felt so different, maybe it was just my youth. I watch 2 minutes of these types of panels and that "sizzle reel" for the TV show, and none of it feels genuine to me. It's literally like an evil corporation who doesn't give a shit about the franchise reanimated it's corpse to milk some more dollars out of it. The TV show looks slick, but I don't know man maybe it's just me. I'm rolling my eyes when Favreau is like "we can do new planets and species and ships, but we also want it to feel totally familiar and grounded", like ugh no shit. I think I'm just allergic to anything Disney touches at this point I don't know.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Also, please for the love of jeebus give us way more awesome lightsaber battles. Tired of this new trilogy barely having any so far.

Yeah I agree, this sucks.
I can maybe understand TFA only having one because it's the first in the trilogy and they want to build up to having more per film but TLJ didn't really have any at all. I feel like I'm owed at least two quality lightsaber duels now dammit.

Last edited:

pel1300

The whole thing has this sickening corporate feel to it now. When I was growing up and into Star Wars before the prequels, obviously it was a big media property, but it still felt like Lucas's thing for better or worse. I only had the rereleased OT on VHS, and various toys and models and half decent games. It just all felt so different, maybe it was just my youth. I watch 2 minutes of these types of panels and that "sizzle reel" for the TV show, and none of it feels genuine to me. It's literally like an evil corporation who doesn't give a shit about the franchise reanimated it's corpse to milk some more dollars out of it. The TV show looks slick, but I don't know man maybe it's just me. I'm rolling my eyes when Favreau is like "we can do new planets and species and ships, but we also want it to feel totally familiar and grounded", like ugh no shit. I think I'm just allergic to anything Disney touches at this point I don't know.
Growing up in the silent era (between 1983 and 1997) like I did is probably the best time to grow up on SW. Only 3 films and some. Being super hungry for more SW and being super hyped at a potential prequel trilogy.

Your criticism sounds similar to Ben Shapiro, who also grew up in the silent era, who I agree with mostly in terms up SW movies even if I don't agree with some of his political view. But it's a reminder that SW should be something that brings people together.

Since he doesn't talk politics here I'll just link it:

Javthusiast

Banned
I can maybe understand TFA only having one because it's the first in the trilogy and they want to build up to having more per film but TLJ didn't really have any at all. I feel like I'm owed at least two quality lightsaber duels now dammit.

That is a big reason why I am so hyped for a potential old republic trilogy from the GoT showrunners. That time period was filled with sith and jedi. So many awesome one on one or army v army battle possibilities. :)

JimiNutz

Banned
That is a big reason why I am so hyped for a potential old republic trilogy from the GoT showrunners. That time period was filled with sith and jedi. So many awesome one on one or army v army battle possibilities. :)
Yeah an Old Republic trilogy from the GoT showrunners is probably my most anticipated rumoured Star Wars project also. So much potential to create something amazing with content set in that era.

Top Bottom