• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order — Official Reveal Trailer

Pagusas

Elden Member
:-/ i get the feeling of another failed Star Wars game from that. But honestly it’s way to little to go off so far. It just doesn’t feel right.

zwiggelbig

If launch is set at november.. Its weird that they aint showing any gameplay. How ever.. Its going to be a story driven game. Gameplay wil probably be dull just like games as uncharted.. But its all about the story so not sure why people complain that much that they getting a story trailer. This trailer had me really intriqued in the story!

Last edited:

trikster40

Directed by Stig, loved GoW3, combat by same lead for GoW3, I think when they finally show gameplay, it’ll be okay.

Really? Ian from Shameless is the lead? What a weak actor/person to play this role not to mention all I'm going to be thinking of the entire time is Gay Jesus and his ridiculous character on that show.

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Honestly watching this I can't help but think this is coming to Switch....because the details look dialed down in some scenes for what I'd expect for Xbox One/PS4. Look at that fight scene near the end.

It is a single-player Unreal 4 game after all.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Loved it. Loved it. Main character looks a bit like the joker from Gotham? Has this weird bendy jaw thing going on?

But loving it. Now to wait for gameplay.

Edit: oh bugger me apparently “Ian from shameless” IS the joker... crazy...

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well the story concept looks better than any of the new Star Wars films, but I'll probably never buy an EA game in the first 6 months ever again. They well earned that distrust.

VulcanRaven

This looks really good. I wonder if the gameplay will be like in The Force Unleashed games? I hope this game won't be just action. I would like to see quiet moments with exploring and talking to people.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Very disappointing and underwhelming but it's EA so im not surprised. Everything said about the game sounds good so why not just show a few minutes of actual gameplay? Just meh. The wait continues. SMH.

Virex

Banned
He was probably a padawan when O66 happened. So that's most likely why is still young looking. Can't say I am a fan. His lightsaber looks strange as well. That's not a standard Jedi design. That's a Sith lightsaber design. But I keep forgetting that the Disney canon "I call it the fan fiction canon" is basically everything goes.

And I can't help but feel that this story by the looks of it seems a bit ripped off from the "Coruscant Nights" Star Wars book series. It's about a former Jedi that's still living on Coruscant that becomes like a private detective. It from the old...dare I say "Good" canon.

Last edited:
I like how some took so much from this teaser trailer.

Can't tell too much at all from this teaser tbf, certainly not how the gameplay will be like.

Verdanth

There's a scene in the trailer, when he run-walls and then jumps that feels very close to in-game graphics, and it looks kind of cartoonish or is it just me?

I wasn't expecting much, but that was incredibly generic. Maybe a gameplay trailer could change my mind, but I kind of doubt it.

If it wasn't for the occasional stormtrooper and the lightsaber near the end, I probably wouldn't even be able to tell that this was for a Star Wars game.

Last edited:

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
There's a scene in the trailer, when he run-walls and then jumps that feels very close to in-game graphics, and it looks kind of cartoonish or is it just me?

No not just you, I noticed it as well. I speculated in a post above whether this means there's a chance it's being developed for Switch as well. Details definitely looked dialed down in places to me.

Last edited:

The Hermit

A prequel game? Considering it had the best world building, I am intrigued.

I doubt that there will ever be a decent game set in the new trilogy of the star wars.

juliotendo

Looks decent. A little generic though. Cinematic trailer seems to set the right tone for what appears to be a story driven game, which I enjoy.

Respawn despite being under EA is a good studio. I’m sure this will worth checking out.

Ogbert

Meh. No gameplay.

Can’t be arsed with the Star Wars hype bollocks.

Love Respawn though. Hopefully it’s a great game.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm into it honestly. We will finally get to play a Jedi that isn't in robes. It'll be a gritty space dweller that hides undercover and transitions into a Jedi. Sounds awesome to me honestly.

Just curious how it all plays. How much is story interactive? What kind of gameplay are we even talking here? Lots of potential since it's Respawn.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
WTF, Vince, where's goddamn gameplay? I swear to god that It was everything that everyone wanted to see first and foremost and somewhat feel how next-gen (or should I say outdated current gen?) SW game looks and feels like to play, how combat works, does it similar in a way to TFU and all that... But nope, story trailer, with a bunch of pre-rendered cut-scenes. Yay.... no! This is not the right way to show a GAME the first time for the whole world to see.

Goddamnit...

Last edited:
Top Bottom