• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order — Official Reveal Trailer

We just had a nice topic free of bs and then it was filled with oh woo so glad nobody mentions race here like that other place... Until I just mentioned race. Sorry. Moving on.

giphy.gif

No putting the toothpaste back in the tube.

I’m just stoked for what I think will be a good single player Star Wars game

Last edited:

Romulus

The trailer sunk my hype levels down below 0. I had a bit of faith considering it was Respawn, but that just looked horrible to me. I'm a Star Wars fan and not much of a Titanfall fan, but I wish they would just scrap this project and work on something else. I don't feel any passion at all coming from that. If you told me the new Bioware was making this, I'd believe you. It just looks like they're going through the motions, checking a few boxes, playing it safe, and trying to cash in. Generic as hell.

Last edited:

EDMIX

If launch is set at november.. Its weird that they aint showing any gameplay. How ever.. Its going to be a story driven game. Gameplay wil probably be dull just like games as uncharted.. But its all about the story so not sure why people complain that much that they getting a story trailer. This trailer had me really intriqued in the story!

"Its weird that they aint showing any gameplay." No its not.

Thats almost standard now days. Teaser / story trailer / gameplay trailer etc Most big AAA story titles, you don't get some big game play reveal right off the bat.

EDMIX

ah thought ea was skipping e3, but they just wont have a show
Well thats the thing , EA and many others for years now have actually just set up their own shows around E3, not really AT E3 so to speak. Its why you saw Nintendo, Ubisoft, Sony etc skipping it in favor of their own events. For years we've been seeing big trailers days or even weeks before E3. Heck..we are talking on a thread about a reveal..NOT AT E3! So expect trailers to continue in May. Many will be on around the same time, few will be directly at the event. Its just not needed any more to get the word out on new games.

120v

as a teaser it's fine... not really sure what people expect. wasn't this for the star wars celebration thing? that's usually for "oh here's some star wars stuff" rather than a red carpet rollout (aside from movie trailers ofc)

Last edited:

Braldryr

Banned
Was hoping for an actual gameplay demo/trailer, I guess they'll do it at EA Play ? I know Conference is not there for EA this year but EA Play is still right?

prag16

Banned
Man when I watched the trailer I went from six to midnight real quick, then I read the comments and came back down.

Maybe I’m a sucker but I loved it and think it’s gonna be great
Screw the comments. There a lot of hasty hot takes in here with no basis.

Trailer looks decent enough, but I want to see gameplay.

Codes 208

Screw the comments. There a lot of hasty hot takes in here with no basis.

Trailer looks decent enough, but I want to see gameplay.
Most comments come off as “I don’t care for Star Wars” (which I ask, why are you here then?) or “I don’t care for EA” and while I certainly understand the latter (fuck ea) I like Star Wars and I like Respawn. Being story centric already makes this a much more interesting game to me than BF2

Last edited:
Very interested in the story. I'm hoping they spend a lot of time establishing everything before going full lightsaber action. I love the idea of a Jedi having to go into hiding and doing the kind of work you wouldn't expect a Jedi to be doing (these guys were commanders and generals in a galaxy-spanning military even as teenagers, not blue-collar workers) He's basically breaking down the very thing he helped build up as a Jedi during the Clone Wars.

I like the ship they had in the trailer, and the environments look good. The Jedi character looks like a Jedi, so that's good, and the inquisitor character looks like an inquisitor, so that's good. Now let's toss in some
cool new droids, some more cool new ship designs and for the love of fuck please don't have them accidentally bump into Han Solo, Chewie and Lando in a random cantina or have R2 and C3PO show up somewhere. I hate the small galaxy syndrome Star Wars seems to have. I don't see my own family as much as these people seem to bump into each other by chance.

Sincerely hope this doesn't become like the Force Unleashed games. They were short, empty and shallow cutscene riddled games that had so much more potential.

Also, show some gameplay.

EDMIX

What's sad is this was probably enough for some people out there to pre order

How is it sad? smh.

Worry about your own money please. I like Star Wars , I like single player, no issue with the publisher, love the development team and have a job. This is a easy day 1 for me thus far.

Pejo

I'm just happy we're getting a story driven Star Wars game finally. Anxious to see the gameplay.

Evilms

Banned
9c908e2e-68ee-4fb9-b999-98771f149698.jpg

● Cinematic, Immersive Combat – Jedi: Fallen Order delivers the fantasy of becoming a Jedi through its innovative lightsaber combat system – striking, parrying, dodging – partnered with a suite of powerful Force abilities you’ll need to leverage to overcome obstacles that stand in your way. This combat system is intuitive to pick up, but takes training and practice to fully master its nuances as you gain new powers and abilities along your adventure.
● A New Jedi Story Begins – As a former Padawan on the run from the Empire, you must complete your training before Imperial Inquisitors discover your plan to revive the Jedi Order. Aided by a former Jedi Knight, a cantankerous pilot, and a fearless droid, you must escape the evil machinations of the Empire in a story-driven adventure. Explore and overcome a wide range of challenges focused on combat, exploration, and puzzle-solving.
● The Galaxy Awaits – Ancient forests, windswept rock faces, and haunted jungles are all unique biomes you’ll explore in Jedi: Fallen Order, with the freedom to decide when and where you go next. As you unlock new powers and abilities, opportunities open up to re-traverse maps in new ways; leveraging the Force to augment the way you explore. Move quickly, however, as the Empire is actively hunting your every step in their effort to exterminate all remnants of the Jedi Order.

The leak from two days ago:
  • Canon
  • Basic story is already leaked in the wild (no idea where to find), better and more impressive than BF2 one.
  • Backpack companion droid.
  • Gameplay will be compared to Dark Souls, being good at parry like in Sekiro will help, you will feel like a Jedi.
  • You go from planet to planet, not completely linear but not open world either, you get to an area and explore trying to continue the narrative. (My note: he hinted in a way of upgrading your itens and finding new ones on each planet)
  • Wallrunning/parkour was hinted at.
  • It will aesthetically resemble Rogue One and Solo while also having some of the Prequels flair (My note: EPIII is the best SW movie :) ).
  • Made in UE4, singleplayer only.
  • Its no action game a la Devil May Cry or God of War (My note: i think he meant old GoWs).
  • Much longer than 5 hours.
  • This will be an expansion of SW lore, tho going back to known planets was teased.
  • Pre made male protag.
  • Big opening, Inquisitors were teased.
  • It resembles Jedi Knight and Force Unleashed with a bit of a Uncharted (My note: no Force spam tho and from what i understand the comparison to FU goes only to being a 3rd person action game).
  • Cool enemies confirmed
  • This is a weird one: he posted a gif of a dude saying "Hi gorgeous, im Jerome" (i think its from Gotham?) then he later posted another gif of the same character with the text "you wanna be a hero?", i really dont know dafuq that means (My note: probably hinting as to who is playing the protag)
  • The game may or may not have MTX, tho he said it wouldnt hinder your enjoyment if it had.

https://geektyrant.com/news/here-ar...details-regarding-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order

EDMIX

● Cinematic, Immersive Combat – Jedi: Fallen Order delivers the fantasy of becoming a Jedi through its innovative lightsaber combat system – striking, parrying, dodging – partnered with a suite of powerful Force abilities you’ll need to leverage to overcome obstacles that stand in your way. This combat system is intuitive to pick up, but takes training and practice to fully master its nuances as you gain new powers and abilities along your adventure.
● A New Jedi Story Begins – As a former Padawan on the run from the Empire, you must complete your training before Imperial Inquisitors discover your plan to revive the Jedi Order. Aided by a former Jedi Knight, a cantankerous pilot, and a fearless droid, you must escape the evil machinations of the Empire in a story-driven adventure. Explore and overcome a wide range of challenges focused on combat, exploration, and puzzle-solving.
● The Galaxy Awaits – Ancient forests, windswept rock faces, and haunted jungles are all unique biomes you’ll explore in Jedi: Fallen Order, with the freedom to decide when and where you go next. As you unlock new powers and abilities, opportunities open up to re-traverse maps in new ways; leveraging the Force to augment the way you explore. Move quickly, however, as the Empire is actively hunting your every step in their effort to exterminate all remnants of the Jedi Order.

• Canon
  • Basic story is already leaked in the wild (no idea where to find), better and more impressive than BF2 one.
  • Gameplay will be compared to Dark Souls, being good at parry like in Sekiro will help, you will feel like a Jedi.
  • You go from planet to planet, not completely linear but not open world either, you get to an area and explore trying to continue the narrative. (My note: he hinted in a way of upgrading your itens and finding new ones on each planet)
  • It will aesthetically resemble Rogue One and Solo while also having some of the Prequels flair (My note: EPIII is the best SW movie :) ).
  • Its no action game a la Devil May Cry or God of War (My note: i think he meant old GoWs).
  • This will be an expansion of SW lore, tho going back to known planets was teased.
  • Pre made male protag.
  • It resembles Jedi Knight and Force Unleashed with a bit of a Uncharted (My note: no Force spam tho and from what i understand the comparison to FU goes only to being a 3rd person action game).
  • Cool enemies confirmed
  • This is a weird one: he posted a gif of a dude saying "Hi gorgeous, im Jerome" (i think its from Gotham?) then he later posted another gif of the same character with the text "you wanna be a hero?", i really dont know dafuq that means (My note: probably hinting as to who is playing the protag)
  • The game may or may not have MTX, tho he said it wouldnt hinder your enjoyment if it had.

https://geektyrant.com/news/here-ar...details-regarding-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order

" opportunities open up to re-traverse maps in new ways " ....go on

Corrik

I am cautiously hyped for the game. Obviously we don't have gameplay yet, but this might be the closest thing to a Kotor we are gonna get. Excited.

VAL0R

Banned
Pretty sure at ~1:16 after "Jedi Have Fallen" we see the protagonist in a real level with in-game visuals (and image quality takes a huge dip down from the CG for a moment). You can see the clearly defined "wall-running" concrete section to the right.

2a9ry4p.jpg

V4skunk

Banned
"Its weird that they aint showing any gameplay." No its not.

Thats almost standard now days. Teaser / story trailer / gameplay trailer etc Most big AAA story titles, you don't get some big game play reveal right off the bat.
There seems to be gameplay in the trailer for a few seconds. The character runs across a wall Titanfall style.

Lux R7

• Canon
  • Pre made male protag.
  • Cool enemies confirmed

i'm kinda interested, but i need some gameplay to undesrtand if i may like it or not.

dan76

I've yet to play a game with good Lightsaber combat. It's something that seems to elude devs. Also, anything with force powers ususally turns out to be OP. That was the problem with the Force Unleashed games.

However, the fact that Dark Souls is mentioned in that leak, Respawn and the director gives me hope that this might actually be a... good Star Wars game.

I'd have preferred to play as Han Solo with a trusty blaster at my side, or a Boba Fett taking on contracts for Jabba. But that would never sell would it.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm disappointed that we didn't see gameplay but otherwise everything we've seen and heard about the game so far seems awesome.
I do have some reservations about the lightsaber combat but God of War 3 had solid melee combat so I'm expecting that this will be decent in the gameplay department (liked the hint at the Titanfall-like wall running).

pr0cs

Love everything respawn has done, especially if I consider their pedigree pre titanfall. I thought it was a good trailer and am cautiously optimistic. Hope there isn't too much Disney /EA political fuckery in it.

Wimbledon

I wish we can get a Star Wars game in the same vein as Mass Effect, i want to be able to create my own character.

I want to be a black jedi, or some alien jedi that looks like darth maul.

But whatever hopefully this game is fun. Oh its EA well i'll wait and see first.

Wimbledon

• Canon
  • Pre made male protag.
  • Cool enemies confirmed

I like everything im reading so far.

Last edited:

CD'S BAR

Boring. "The galaxy has changed..."
*shows the same characters, droids, and aliens, and themes that are in every Star Wars game.*

Petrae

EA stigma + Souls-like gameplay = No Sale.

It doesn’t matter who the development team is— it does matter that EA is still calling the shots behind the scenes and has proven completely untrustworthy.

As soon as any game is advertised as having “Souls-like” gameplay, it’s an immediate non-starter for me. No thanks.

eot

Banned
Turd warning

Pretty sure at ~1:16 after "Jedi Have Fallen" we see the protagonist in a real level with in-game visuals (and image quality takes a huge dip down from the CG for a moment). You can see the clearly defined "wall-running" concrete section to the right.

2a9ry4p.jpg

I thought that part look like crap. Maybe it's just all the motion blur. But even the pose in this freeze frame is weird. Looks like a contorted action figure.

Last edited:

AJ Gaming

Neo Member
I am glad it does not have any gameplay. First of all it would be compared to the final release and people would shout out downgrade etc no matter what.
Now there is no compare/no talking about graphics and how good or crappy it look like.
Instead they can focus on the game, do what they need to do to make it best as possible for launch release.

If I was a publisher and had a AAA title on my hand with stunning graphics I would never released gameplay that early.
Teaser and cool art and details yes.

I am super hyped

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Possible candidate for the GOTY, everything about this game is doing a good job of promoting it and it could become better than Gow3, there’s just something intense about the Jedi/Sith.

NahaNago

Finally watched it and it is a terrible reveal trailer. They should have aimed for a more intense emotional impact. Maybe first start off with some images/video of iconic things. Less focus on the main character and more nostalgia plus dead jedi's being hunted down and their corpses would have made us more empathetic to the plight of this fellow.

Boring. "The galaxy has changed..."
*shows the same characters, droids, and aliens, and themes that are in every Star Wars game.*

The line is in context of when the game takes place.

Palpatine has created the Empire, a complete autocracy, in place of a republic. He called order 66 to wipe out the Jedi, and the Clone wars that have been going on for years abruptly ended and the Imperial military was formed. Worlds are being placed under military control that were previously peaceful free worlds. He was a Jedi at the top of the galactic food chain and is now constantly being hunted by the Imperial navy and the Inquisitors.

Being in the timeframe of course things like ships will fall into the ships of the timeline. He's working on an imperial wrecking yard dismantling old Venator class Star Destroyers. Being an Imperial controlled world, it stands to reason the aliens would be from Imperial worlds. Despite that, the ship the Jedi jumps to in the trailer is new, his droid is new, the Inquisitors in the trailer are new, and the locations shown are all new worlds that haven't been seen in Star Wars yet.

Finally watched it and it is a terrible reveal trailer. They should have aimed for a more intense emotional impact. Maybe first start off with some images/video of iconic things. Less focus on the main character and more nostalgia plus dead jedi's being hunted down and their corpses would have made us more empathetic to the plight of this fellow.

This takes place a while after the Jedi were almost entirely exterminated, they are decommissioning Venator SDs and the troopers in the trailer are Imperial Storm Troopers, not Republic Clone Troopers. In the trailer you see the Jedi come across an old Clone Trooper's corpse with the Order 66 message playing. This would place the game about the same timeline as Star Wars: Rebels, about 15 years after Episode III. At the point in the timeline the game appears to take place there are almost no Jedi left and the chances he'd just stumble across one on an Imperial controlled world with such a high Imperial presence is pretty low. Given his age, chances are he was a Padawan who watched his master get slaughtered when order 66 was called, has since gone into hiding and has inserted himself into a "normal life" to survive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom