• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Next Gen Version available

faisalasif

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Next Gen PS5 Version is live on the PSN store. It is a free upgrade.

what are the upgrades ? I have no idea. I only know there are 2 mode 60fps and 30fps.

Here is the Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order 4K 60FPS Gameplay

• Higher Resolution Textures & Assets
  • 4K/HDR Resolution
  • Improved 60 FPS Performance
  • Significantly Faster Loading Times
The new versions of the game come with a Performance Mode toggle on PS5 and Xbox Series X (but not Series S). The switch offers either 1440p Resolution at 60 FPS or 4K Resolution at 30 FPS.

Last edited:
hey faisalasif faisalasif if you wanna add it to your post:
Respawn has clirified that the new versions make the following improvements:

• 4K/HDR Resolution
The new versions of the game come with a Performance Mode toggle on PS5 and Xbox Series X (but not Series S). The switch offers either 1440p Resolution at 60 FPS or 4K Resolution at 30 FPS.

From the iGN Article: https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-is-now-available-on-ps5-and-xbox-series

ManaByte

Jedi Fallen Order, FFVII Remake, and Ratchet all in the same day.

monty python GIF by Head Like an Orange

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Isn't the video title misleading 4k, 60fps?

Because I booted the game up after it upgrade and it has an visual option selection, higher resolution at 30fps, or higher performance with lower resolution.

Obviously I went with higher performance.

It's been so long since I played the game I couldn't really tell you what is different/been changed.

Surprised they haven't released a comparison trailer or anything.

Reactions: TLZ

Skifi28

Downloading now. I'm mostly interested in the stuttering situation which really ruined my experience on PS5. In certain scenes it was terrible and felt like it was running at 15fps even though it wasn't performance related. I moved it from the external to the SSD and there was little difference. Let's see with the native version now.

Last edited:

tommib

not-a-happy-t9wwks.jpg
Unless there's a save transfer option on the main menu, there probably isn't one.
I’ll check it later tonight. I was going to try it on new game plus but will probably not touch it if I need to replay it from scratch.

Last edited:

Tygeezy

Jedi Fallen Order, FFVII Remake, and Ratchet all in the same day.

monty python GIF by Head Like an Orange
I almost bought this for pc when it was on sale, but read there was an enhanced ps5 version coming. The pc version I believe was superior to the quick patch they did for ps5. I ended up getting the ps5 version on sale because i assumed we would have much faster loading times and 1440 p which is what I play at on pc anyway. And yes, I hadn't really touched my ps5 in a few months since I had been playing my quest 2 and pcvr, but all of a sudden all these games dropping.

Tygeezy

What about the pc version? Does it get an update?
The pc version I think already was using higher quality assets and I don't believe they're adding ray tracing here so the only thing they might be able to do is leverage fast io, but unfortunately I believe they have to account for people that would be silly enough to put this on a HDD.

mckmas8808

Banned
hey faisalasif faisalasif if you wanna add it to your post:
Respawn has clirified that the new versions make the following improvements:

• 4K/HDR Resolution

From the iGN Article: https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-is-now-available-on-ps5-and-xbox-series

This is NICE!

could have swore they already did this..
The first patch gave the Series X an unlocked framerate and dynamic res slightly improving the Xbox One x settings(Dynamic res that would scale from 1080p to 2160 from what I remember - could be wrong!) and the PS5 had one mode locked at 1200P with 1440p post buffers.

This makes quality mode 4k/30 or a locked 1440p/60fps with a boost for both modes in texture/asset/lighting apparently

Edit: This article details the first patch it got back in January https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-star-wars-fallen-order-next-gen-patch

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I support the next gen upgrades but why would a casual care about these differences?

scydrex

Nice. This game is one i didn't played on ps4. Waiting for PS5 support. So now the XSX 60fps gave a lower resolution?

Last edited:

lucius

Been waiting for this one I decided to delete the game other day, will now install it again then restart.

Quite a disappointing “upgrade” tbh, I was expecting quite a bit more after we heard they were doing a full NG version after already patching the PS4/One versions.

Why bother making a full PS5 version if there’s little difference… except loading times I guess. Still, a strange decision

RoboFu

One of the green rats
yeah the main thing that6 stands out from the xbox half way patch before is the load times. Its basically the same besides that,

Codes 208

Does the PS5 version share trophies with the ps4 version? I’m pretty sure Xbox will because Xbox cross-gen is pretty streamlined

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
yeah the main thing that6 stands out from the xbox half way patch before is the load times. Its basically the same besides that,
That's sounds crap then as now you can't play off external HDD.

I wonder if SS still has 60fps.

Tygeezy

Quite a disappointing “upgrade” tbh, I was expecting quite a bit more after we heard they were doing a full NG version after already patching the PS4/One versions.

Why bother making a full PS5 version if there’s little difference… except loading times I guess. Still, a strange decision
You're getting higher quality assets as well as resolution for 60 fps mode. It also mentions better performance 60 fps mode which is probably talking about stutters due to asset streaming from slower drives that should hopefully be fixed with faster io.

Top Bottom