• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order [Reddit leak]

Skyn3t

Banned
Starwars-ds1-1340x1340.jpg

Alleged leak from yesterday giving some insight on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order developed by Respawn Ent.

Fallen Order Videogame: They said this is coming out in November. It takes place about 5 years after Revenge of the Sith and follows the main character whose name is Cal (I forget his last name). He's was a paduwan that survived the efforts to kill all of the remaining jedi. Not a ton of gameplay info but some of the other story lines are that he has a mentor figure who is a woman named Ceres. The only other thing I remember is them talking about other characters they would come across from some of the comics. The mentioned the 9th sister and 2nd sister? Something about Inquisitors? I wish I could remember more about this. They showed a ton of artwork.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
The overall theme of their marketing will be focused on the legacy characters and really re-introducing them to the younger generation of fans.

Wondering what this means exactly after they killed nearly all of the legacy characters people cared about.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Calling Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese as we were just lamenting the decline of Star Wars videogames the other day.

Respawn knows what's up. Titanfall 2 was great. Couldn't play the first one since I don't own an X1. If this can approach the quality of Jedi Knight I'll be happy.

Calling Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese as we were just lamenting the decline of Star Wars videogames the other day.

Respawn knows what's up. Titanfall 2 was great. Couldn't play the first one since I don't own an X1. If this can approach the quality of Jedi Knight I'll be happy.

Jedi Knight II is one of my favorite games of all time. I loved TF2, played the campaign 4x and the MP a little bit. Can’t wait for this

Klondyke

Banned
Please be good. I sort of liked both Battlefront games, but they just don't scratch that singleplayer itch.

I would love, if this were somewhat open world (Think God Of War) and the combat would not be complete ass.
I would prefer a more grounded combat system to something similar to DMC and such.

All and all, Respawn is a very talented studio, and I am pretty optimistic about this game for now.

I believe this is real because the names are just as stupid as all Disney Star Wars names. It's like they're designed for quick hashtags. #cal #rey #kylo #poe #hux #finn - fuck you.

Skyn3t

Banned
Don't remember, but do not underestimate the power of the biggest third party publisher in the world.

vqbswnsj49c01.png

Fbh

Sounds interesting but I'll have to see how they incorporate multiplayer and monetisation.

Respawn has been great this gen so this is easily the most exciting new star wars project so far

Didn't Titanfall 2 do it well though?
Yeah Titanfall 2 has one of the best microtransactions. It's basically pay for the item you want instead of lootboxes and all that crap.

But the game bombed so I don't think EA sees it as a positive example to follow

Last edited:
Sounds interesting but I'll have to see how they incorporate multiplayer and monetisation.

Respawn has been great this gen so this is easily the most exciting new star wars project so far

Yeah Titanfall 2 has one of the best microtransactions. It's basically pay for the item you want instead of lootboxes and all that crap.

But the game bombed so I don't think EA sees it as a positive example to follow

I hope they don’t think it bombed because of its straightforward micro transactions. It had an absolutely awful release window

cryptoadam

Banned
Wondering what this means exactly after they killed nearly all of the legacy characters people cared about.

It means Disney knows they failed and no one cares about Rey/Kylo/Poe/Finn the cast from Rogue one who no one remebers their names or young Han Solo and Woody Harelson.

It also means Disney knows that TLJ was a huge fuck up and the only way they can get fans back is by over doing the nostalgia and fan service.

I said it in the other thread about EP 9. Disney is going to load up on OT and nostalgia to get butts in seats because right now TLJ and Solo have put a stake in the heart of Disney's golden goose. They failed with creating new characters so all they got left is to squeeze as much juice out of what was actually popular. Even if it means making money off their dead corpses.

Nymphae

Banned
It means Disney knows they failed and no one cares about Rey/Kylo/Poe/Finn the cast from Rogue one who no one remebers their names or young Han Solo and Woody Harelson.

It also means Disney knows that TLJ was a huge fuck up and the only way they can get fans back is by over doing the nostalgia and fan service.

That much is obvious, but I mean how do you go about re-introducing characters that are dead in the movies? Flashbacks? CGI? They've already lost their chance to cash in bigtime on the legacy stuff I think.

cryptoadam

Banned
Its interesting to me but is the new triology so toxic that they can't even have videogames based around it?

Where is my TFA/TLJ based game? Why again do they go back to the past and OT era? No one wants to play as Rey or Kylo or Finn ?

And SWBF2 doesn't really count. New triology was barely represented and it was sold mainly on the PT and OT.

You would think with the final and 3rd part coming out they would try to get a game out that is focused on the NT and all its characters strictly no?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
And the characters that will incluided?

A shitty pussy Kylo Ren or Overpowered Rey? = Not interesting.

Or

A Badass Darth Maul and a Great Obi wan= Awesome

If a publisher you hate actually puts out a good game you should support it.

Boycotting everything isn't gonna help, buying what's actually good will send the message they should make more games like that.

If everything they put out flops they'll focus only on the greediest and most cynical tactics.

cryptoadam

Banned
That much is obvious, but I mean how do you go about re-introducing characters that are dead in the movies? Flashbacks? CGI? They've already lost their chance to cash in bigtime on the legacy stuff I think.

Flashbacks, flash forwards, flash sideways. Probably retcon Luke/Hans/Leias death, say it was a force trick or something stupid.

And ya they will CGI them. You don't need actors anymore. Ford doesn't want to be Solo, who cares CGI him or use the guy who played young Han and just invent some time loop/dimensions excuse. Gotta cross promote amrite ? /s

Disney will find a way. It doesn't matter if it makes sense, dollars are on the line. I am sure Disney execs are saying just put in my Luke/Leia/Lando/Yoda/Darth in there how ever you can I don't care if they are dead!

Hinedorf

Banned
The Mandalorian............. you know I'm pretty sure they already made a much better version of this movie. It's called Guardians of the Galaxy. Rooker reprising the role of taking care of a young baby Quill while in the Ravagers would be printing money for Disney. Fuck the Mandalorian, give me this!

I think I would be interested in playing as Rey if it was better explained/handled why she’s so powerful. I dunno tho

I just hope the game is good, overall

Last edited:

Caffeine

I think I would be interested in playing as Rey if it was better explained/handled why she’s so powerful. I dunno tho

I just hope the game is good, overall

she has the power to download peoples skills when she has a mind link with them. case in point kylo tries to read her mind in force awakens and she pushes back this causes the mind link but she also gained skills from kylos mind with out even knowing. this link persists in the last jedi which is enhanced by snoke. she is unaware she even has this ability lol. when she goes closer to the dark side with out resisting its because she has that from kylo.

This seems 100%a accurate since he got Rise of Skywalker right.

And Unreal Engine 4? Must be doing something good if they're not using up all that work they did in TF2.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Seems like an interesting game. But could this franchise be in more disarray?

If the game is good maybe I will just enjoy it in a vacuum, like Shadows of the Empire which I played before seeing any of the movies.

Disney had their chance to show Han, Luke and Leia on screen once and they blew it. This was like the dream movie of half the damn world and there's no going back now. It's criminal IP mismanagement.

If they want to backpedal now I'm not interested in their desperate cgi nonsense.

Top Bottom