• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order won't have Multiplayer or Microtransactions

Mista

Banned
3354232-C-8831-40-C0-9832-C54-C08-F4901-A.jpg

Head of Respawn Entertainment Vince Zampella confirmed that Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order will be a single-player story game with no multiplayer and no microtransactions.

After Zampella’s reveal, multiple other developers from EA took to Twitter to confirm what he had said and express their excitement, including Respawn Producer Blair Brown and DICE’s Ben Walke.

Mr Hyde

I´m only interested in this because Stig Asmussen is directing. He did a phenomenal job on God of War so excited to see what he can bring to the Star Wars mythos.

Good now only EA could understand this more. But is Respawn funding this game with their own money? That could be the reason why.

manfestival

A Respawn game without multiplayer? Well damm, they're certainly branching out.
Not sure how I feel about this either. I mean they have always made great single player experiences but they have made some great multiplayer stuff in the process too. I view this announcement in good faith though.

Codes 208

Good now only EA could understand this more. But is Respawn funding this game with their own money? That could be the reason why.
Well I imagine it partly has to do with the fact it’s a single player game. Plus I’m certain Respawn is already making bank on apex Legends.

Zannegan

Honestly, I wouldn't mind multiplayer, but since we can't have multiplayer without microtransactions and milking, I'm okay with them leaving it out too.

Here's hoping that the systems/combat are deep and balanced enough that they could have supported multiplayer, like the Jedi Knight games.

Well I guess that's one good thing to come from Apex: the freedom to make a singleplayer game free of bullshit.

But I can't help but laugh at the fact that EA canceled a singleplayer Star Wars game from one of the best writers in the gaming industry, only to greenlight a singleplayer Star Wars game from one of the writers and director of the worst God of War game. I hope for the best but then I remember how bad the story was in God of War 3 and just shake my head.

blackjon24

I don’t believe for a second this game won’t have micro transaction.

Maybe not at launch to avoid bad press . Another option is have them turned off for reviewer dmc5 style since that worked beatifully for capcom

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Well I guess that's one good thing to come from Apex: the freedom to make a singleplayer game free of bullshit.

But I can't help but laugh at the fact that EA canceled a singleplayer Star Wars game from one of the best writers in the gaming industry, only to greenlight a singleplayer Star Wars game from one of the writers and director of the worst God of War game. I hope for the best but then I remember how bad the story was in God of War 3 and just shake my head.
The bar for Star Wars stories couldn't be lower at this point. I'll take serviceable so long as the gameplay is on point.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
The no multiplayer part makes me sad. I would have loved a AAA Movie Battles like multiplayer mode. I loved the multiplayer in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

Hopefully it's lengthy and meaty then. I don't want this to be another 5 hour long campaign like both Force Unleashed games.

I went from “probably not” to “buy on launch day” because of that tweet. I was somewhat interested when I heard Chris Avellone was involved, but I really didn’t want to deal with EA’s live service garbage. Hearing that it’s single-player with no micro transactions puts this game back on the map. (For me, at least.) I’m really surprised EA is supporting this kind of game. I can’t wait for more info.

Codes 208

How is it a jab at EA? It's the protocol to kill the jedi. Isn't that what this game is about? A jedi who survived.
The context of the tweet sounded like the game itself. EA is know for Order 66-ing it’s developers and their games.

I want to be excited, but I’m too salty that this news alone is supposed to sell me. This shouldn’t be a game seller, this should common.

Please be true. Development entirely focused on making a good SP Star Wars game would be nice.

Just waiting for them to add "Season One" to the title or some shit, then sell me a game broken into pieces unless I spend $140 on the Ultimate Edition.

JimiNutz

Banned
I was actually hoping for some Jedi melee focused MP. Even if it's only a small mode like the 1v1 or 2v2 duels from For Honor.

Gamezone

Gold Member
What the hell? I know Respawn wasn`t bought by EA way into the development, but it was still published by them. People need to buy this game just to prove a point. Single player games are not dead, and we can deal without microtransactions.

Hudo

This is almost too good to be true. If this is really true and there's no bullshittery involved, I will certainly buy the game.

TeamGhobad

Banned
apparently this game was so good it cancelled amy hennings game. straight up 8-12 hour adventure from EA sounds like wishful thinking but lets hope for the best.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
But there’s a deluxe edition... so there will be DLC. Even if it’s story DLC, that still means you won’t get the full game, with story elements held back for $$$.

Look a story driven, no MP Star Wars game is just what the world needs, but... tell the full story. Don’t hold it back with teases and DLC.

Mista

Banned
But there’s a deluxe edition... so there will be DLC. Even if it’s story DLC, that still means you won’t get the full game, with story elements held back for $$$.

Look a story driven, no MP Star Wars game is just what the world needs, but... tell the full story. Don’t hold it back with teases and DLC.
The game not having MTX is a miracle today. No DLC too? That’s impossible. One of them has to be there🤷🏻‍♂️

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
The game not having MTX is a miracle today. No DLC too? That’s impossible. One of them has to be there🤷🏻‍♂️

I can’t say no MTs with a straight face when thinking about who is putting up the cash here... I just can’t... maybe they will do it and surprise me, but...

Mista

Banned
I can’t say no MTs with a straight face when thinking about who is putting up the cash here... I just can’t... maybe they will do it and surprise me, but...
I feel you mate. EA is publishing at the end of the day but hey, having this news today is considered massive unfortunately but I’ll take it. I got immediately interested even though I am not a SW fan

Geki-D

Banned
So this isn't the Amy Hennig one, right? I thought that one got shit canned because EA wanted to make it into an MP game but here we are with a EA made Star Wars game with no MP?

Odinnii

Im hyped for Respawn. loved TF2's SP, but this is also the saddest bragging Ive ever heard. " We are not gonna be the greedy scumbags you know and expect!"

Top Bottom