• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor |OT| - Judge me by my file size, do you?

well there's a different possibility. i've seen this with w3. you could run RTGI and as a side effect it helps with reflections too. it feels like a similar story here

im just theorizing btw. w3 was another game where u had to run RTGI (you could only enable rt reflections rt shadows on top of it. but u had to run rtgi as a baseline)

see for reference

[/URL]
[/URL]

notice how RTGI alone improves reflections somehow.

maybe the way these two games implement ray tracing requires RTGI as a baseline to work with. IDK. but seems like a "trend" definitely. if one or more game enforces RTGI as a baseline I will be convinced that its a trend
yeah. the RT global illumination is the way they should go on all these games. screen space reflections is more than fine. the RT reflections generally look like shit on console anyway. and are super demanding on most PCs. lighting is the thing that can really make a game look amazing!

Alex11

speakinf of shattered moon, fsr / taa / or whatever they have completely shits the bed there in many occasions lol. have u noticed that? extremely horribly ghosting and artifacting everywhere. it almost feels like some of the regions are not eve tuned / tweaked for motion vectors
Fuck me, yes, the ghosting sometimes is just horrendous, I think it may be from FSR, but I may be wrong. Something similar, if I'm not mistaken, happened in Cyberpunk with DLSS.

Played a load more today.

It still looks and runs disgustingly on PS5.

The IQ might be the worst I have ever seen in many ways thanks to all the artifacts whenever the camera moves. Low res games with no FSR obviously look much more blurry and aliased sure but this still looks very blurry and aliased but also has tons of ghosting and moments where the FSR just doesn't have a fucking clue what to do and gives up and just spams a load of random shit on the screen.

Tons of pop-in and texture streaming too and really long load times when changing planets so it feels like a patched last gen game rather than a current gen exclusive.

The framerate drops to the teens fairly often on certain planets and it just makes things generally feel janky with tons of input lag which is awful for a timing based game. I would bet good money this spends significantly more time under 30fps than Zelda does. Luckily it is very easy on normal so no need to have any kind of precise timing.

Despite all that I keep wanting to play more.

The combat may be janky but you feel very powerful and have some great tools thanks to the force powers. The hit boxes are a bit shit but I bet it will be great on any system that can play it at 60fps+.

The puzzles are pretty good and no spoilers like certain other recent games.

The climbing and general exploration is surprisingly great. The parkour feels like a puzzle in itself as you can work out where you need to end up and what tools you have to get you there unlike something like Ragnarok where the jumping and grapple stuff was basically scripted and was impossible to fail.

I think the main draw though is that it just looks, sounds and feels very classic Star Wars unlike a lot of the newer Disney+ stuff.

It's a shame the IQ and performance suck but if they ever fix it I'll happily replay on max difficulty but as it is I'm just dominating everything on normal difficulty and absorbing those Star Wars feels.

Last edited:

Darchaos

So after 40h of playtime the game has started to crash, just within minutes from login in. Im on Koboh and im on my way up the mountain, the crashing started in the hangar where you fight alot of enemys in waves. Then i managed to get true that and started to crash on the mountain trying to get to the next savepoint. Managed to do that after many tryes, but now i have that savepoint atleast.

I get the message: lowlevelfatalerror [file:unknown] [line: 686] retcode = adapter->createcommittedresource(desc, getgpumask(), heapprops, initialstate, clearvalue, &newresource, name, false) failed at d:/depot/r8branches/r8release/engine/source/runtime/d3d12rhi/private/d3d12allocation.cpp:1411 with error dxgi_error_device_removed, from the ea-app after the crash.

Seems im not alone with this error atleast. So yeah, guess im done with the game, was awsome up to this.

Im playing on an ancient PC so i guess that is the problem: i7 11700k, RTX 3070, 32gb ram.

apowhungo

i wanna play this shit so bad i lurk this thread every day just hoping

Not Yet No GIF

SCB3

Time to go get the Platinum I think, so many little things to do, coming off the Collectathon that is Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga though, this isn't as bad I kinda wanna replay FO again on PS5 at some point as well

scoobs

Man, that Oggdo Bodgo + Oggdo's spawn fight is the worst shit ever huh? I can't decide which boss ability is more bullshit, Oggdo's tongue or Bode's lunge. Both are just so poorly implemented, and don't reward skillful play at all. Total misfire on otherwise cool encounters.

Nankatsu

So I just had a weird bug in the game.

There's a side quest in the swamp that needs you to fight two Yeti like creatures (don't remember their names).

I died in the first couple of tries, but on my last try I got sent back to the bonfire (again), however the quest auto-completed itself.

Thanks, I guess?

Last edited:

Exentryk

Finished the game.

Pros:
- Graphics
- Level Design is great with good use of shortcuts
- Controls are responsive (if you can get high fps)
- Cutscenes
- Cal's customisation
- RPG aspects like Stances, Abilities, Perks etc. I would like a lot more of this though.
- Exploration

Cons:
- Poor performance (Koboh's Saloon and area near the Saloon runs the worst)
- Poor pacing (needlessly long "climbing" aspects)
- Souls-like respawn point design on deaths. Adds needless tedium of running back after deaths.
- Combat doesn't feel great against multiple enemies and against non-human enemies.
- Cosmetic treasure chests still feel useless.

Overall, I had a great time with it. It's a big step up from the original game and I hope they can improve again similarly for the next game.

CmIe4Xg.jpg

3FUpwus.jpg

8KNhDED.jpg

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Weirdly i didnt get any crashes in jedha with ray tracing lol with my 2700 and 3070 (1440p fsr quality high preset)
No crashes for me in Jedda either.

The very first time i got there, the performance went down to 10-20 fps. I immediately turned down the resolution and it fixed itself. My subsequent runs have all been on FSR quality at 4k and it runs way better than koboh.

yamaci17

No crashes for me in Jedda either.

The very first time i got there, the performance went down to 10-20 fps. I immediately turned down the resolution and it fixed itself. My subsequent runs have all been on FSR quality at 4k and it runs way better than koboh.
yeah jedha frequently runs out of VRAM if you're at limit (as I told you before, being at VRAM limit in these recent UE4 games is somewhat transparent due to fixed allocation + fixed usage based on that allocation). it especially happens when you start riding spamel from what I'm seeing. if I had to guess, spamel creates a lot of dust particles that are not very optimized which causes extra VRAM usage burden . today did a run to clean some rumors at 1440p FSR quality to see if it was going to crash but it ran okay. no VRAM related fps drop either. its 4k that is pos for me. i made my peace with 1440p FSR Q :/ looks a bit undefined compared to 4k/upscaled but it is what it is. ray tracing has more advantages to it. only problem remains is Koboh CPU.

outside of Koboh/Outpost, I can get consistent and smoot 45-70 FPS even CPU bound. boss areas easily run around 60 locked for example

lmao. wish every app had this option. i hate epic / ea / ubisoft launcher for this.

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

Finished Jedi Survivor. No spoilers.

First, I liked it. BUT not as much as Jedi Fallen Order.

It’s too padded. Yeah you can just do story missions but I feel you’d be underpowered.

As is I found most of the upgrades etc I feel the boss fights were to easy compared to the first game. Which I don’t know if it’s the same if I just did story missions back to back but as is, bosses where easy.

And I don’t mean the optional bosses, those are plenty tough.

The villian(s) aren’t near as good as Trilla. And frankly her story and how it connected to Cere isn’t as good BUT I did like what it was trying to tell. Which aside from the 2 main baddies also has to do with Cal and “the dark side”. I’m really interested to see where they take the tale in part 3.

But yeah my biggest gripe was all the jumping and platforming stuff. Especially the challenge rooms that had near impossible stuff bleh.

Over all, fun game, good story, and I appreciate their aspect on the dark side which I believe Disney plans to tell more stories about. First game was better in all aspects though as it was just better told and a tighter experience.

Nydius

Per my last post in the thread, I was originally going to send the game back to GameFly -- but before I did the latest patch came out so I decided to just push through.

On Series X, the patch improved issues only very slightly. A lot of the complaints I mentioned in my original post remained: Input lag and tearing/stuttering. In fact, the vast majority of my deaths in the game came from these technical problems -- dodges or parries being delayed, or stuttering delaying enemy telegraphing, et cetera. Stuttering and frame drops were far more common in more open spaces, such as the plains on Koboh or the desert in Jedha. Even on Quality Mode the image quality was... well, let's just say not great. In far too many places it would take a long time to load the higher resolution textures. The best example is the wall inside Pyloon's Saloon leading to the Smuggler Caves. I could count 10-15 seconds from the time I'd load into the room and the time it would go from a low resolution brown texture to the proper, full resolution, wall texture.

Anyway, performance issues aside, when the credits rolled I had the same feeling I had when I finished Horizon Forbidden West. I enjoyed it, but not as much as the original. Like HFW, Jedi Survivor suffers from a bit of sequelitis, whereby they felt the need to make everything bigger, longer, more drawn out... but the end result just didn't feel as epic as the first game. The Darth Vader memberberry felt a bit played out but having Boba Fett show up was an interesting twist.

The amount of places we visited felt a lot shorter than Fallen Order. I kept expecting more planets to become available, but they never did. Most of the ones we did unlock felt extremely linear, with exception to Koboh and Jedha. The two big bosses the game first introduces felt like letdowns when I finally faced them.

I managed to finish 50 of 53 achievements; I didn't care much for the Force Tears or the Holotactics games. I found both of them too tedious so I didn't bother finishing them. Nor could I be arsed to hunt down every piece of ore to buy everything at Doma's shop.

Overall, I enjoyed it a lot and I look forward to seeing where they take the next game.
I look forward to seeing what they do with Cal and Merrin's relationship.

Last edited:

Yerd

Per my last post in the thread, I was originally going to send the game back to GameFly -- but before I did the latest patch came out so I decided to just push through.

On Series X, the patch improved issues only very slightly. A lot of the complaints I mentioned in my original post remained: Input lag and tearing/stuttering. In fact, the vast majority of my deaths in the game came from these technical problems -- dodges or parries being delayed, or stuttering delaying enemy telegraphing, et cetera. Stuttering and frame drops were far more common in more open spaces, such as the plains on Koboh or the desert in Jedha. Even on Quality Mode the image quality was... well, let's just say not great. In far too many places it would take a long time to load the higher resolution textures. The best example is the wall inside Pyloon's Saloon leading to the Smuggler Caves. I could count 10-15 seconds from the time I'd load into the room and the time it would go from a low resolution brown texture to the proper, full resolution, wall texture.

Anyway, performance issues aside, when the credits rolled I had the same feeling I had when I finished Horizon Forbidden West. I enjoyed it, but not as much as the original. Like HFW, Jedi Survivor suffers from a bit of sequelitis, whereby they felt the need to make everything bigger, longer, more drawn out... but the end result just didn't feel as epic as the first game. The Darth Vader memberberry felt a bit played out but having Boba Fett show up was an interesting twist.

The amount of places we visited felt a lot shorter than Fallen Order. I kept expecting more planets to become available, but they never did. Most of the ones we did unlock felt extremely linear, with exception to Koboh and Jedha. The two big bosses the game first introduces felt like letdowns when I finally faced them.

I managed to finish 50 of 53 achievements; I didn't care much for the Force Tears or the Holotactics games. I found both of them too tedious so I didn't bother finishing them. Nor could I be arsed to hunt down every piece of ore to buy everything at Doma's shop.

Overall, I enjoyed it a lot and I look forward to seeing where they take the next game.
I look forward to seeing what they do with Cal and Merrin's relationship.
Um I have a question.

I have beat the game, but I have not gotten every little collectible.

Where the fuck did Boba Fett show up? I saw a screen shot before I beat the game and thought it was from Fallen Order and I just didn't remember the scene. The only thought I have is that it's the last bounty hunter boss, which I haven't done yet. I still have 3 hunters left.

I just haven't been back to the game to clean up the little bits that I missed. I wish I didn't have to go so deep into the story to collect the needed abilities to fully explore the worlds.

My recommendation to everyone playing this game is don't explore the fucking world because you can't get half the shit you want to get. It's my biggest annoyance with this game outside of the technical issues. I explored way too much too early and I don't want to go backtracking 4 times.

SCB3

My recommendation to everyone playing this game is don't explore the fucking world because you can't get half the shit you want to get. It's my biggest annoyance with this game outside of the technical issues.
Yea I'm in the same boat, just finished all the Optional Bosses, and Force Tears, you really cannot do much until post game or close to

Nydius

Um I have a question.

You have to complete all the Haxion Brood bounties then return to Pyloon’s Saloon where

you will find Caij is now missing and replaced with a datapad. The pad tells you to meet her where you first met up because she has a surprise for you.

My recommendation to everyone playing this game is don't explore the fucking world because you can't get half the shit you want to get.

I don’t know if I agree with that. Once you get force lift and slam and the advanced grapple thing, which are both a little bit past halfway into the main story, you pretty much have everything you need to fully explore everywhere. The only thing it takes most of the game to unlock are the terminals which opem all the collection spots on the map.

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

Si I never figured out how to open the Red Chests. I figured I would get an upgraded hack like in the first game.

Well I finally looked it up and I guess you shoot BD's electric dart at them? I dont recall the game ever mention this. I have yet to try it in game.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Finished the game last night. My GOTY so far (I haven't started Zelda yet).

Best Star Wars game hands down.

Played through on XSX and didn't have any issues. The odd little glitch here and there and a bit of slowdown once or twice but overall the game looks beautiful and ran smoothly for me.

Yerd

Si I never figured out how to open the Red Chests. I figured I would get an upgraded hack like in the first game.

Well I finally looked it up and I guess you shoot BD's electric dart at them? I dont recall the game ever mention this. I have yet to try it in game.
This is a skill I didn't find until I had found pretty much 80 or 90% of the collectible crap. So I was really annoyed that I did not just do the story missions first.
Those electric fuse things are always nearby for the locked chests. They are marked on the maps in red, until you get the skill then they will be in green.

Pilgrimzero

Okay what’s with the little red droids? I read to follow it to a collectible but they lead me a bit and then dig away and I find nothing

Nydius

Okay what’s with the little red droids? I read to follow it to a collectible but they lead me a bit and then dig away and I find nothing
Scavenger droid - they’re designed to be a pain in the ass. You have to chase them down and hit them with a lightsaber attack to take them out. They’ll either have a data disc or a piece of ore. If you use ANY force powers on them, they immediately burrow into the ground.

Luipadre

So its tuesday again. Wonder if there is a patch today or it will be less frequent. Altho the game is still a jankfest with the same shit performance on console

Spyxos

Gold Member
I've almost played through it. I can't remember a Pc game in recent years that stuttered so much for me. Especially in this one level with the giant laser. I think it was constantly under 30 fps.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Holy shit this first planet is never ending .. the Dragon Age Inquisition Hinterlands comparison was spot on

winjer

Gold Member
Patch 5 Details

Here are the fixes you can expect with this patch:
  • Improved content caching to reduce hitching.
  • Improved thread handling when raytracing is turned off.
  • Fix for an issue where lowering the PC visual settings would incorrectly lower your resolution scale if FSR is disabled.
    Note: if you previously disabled FSR and are playing on a lower visual quality, you may want to readjust your quality settings.
  • Fix for a reset button not responding on PC when using both controller and keyboard.
  • More robust detection of pre-order and deluxe content in-game, preventing players from only randomly having access to the content.
  • Various performance fixes.
  • Stability improvements.
  • Various collision and navigation improvements to prevent issues where characters get stuck out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where Drya Thornne would become invincible.
  • Music fixes for scenarios where two different themes would collide.
  • Fixed an issue where Bode wouldn’t grab the senator during some New Game+ playthroughs.
  • Fix for a bug where the Skriton wouldn’t appear correctly.
  • Fix for Dagan not appearing correctly in a cinematic.
  • Fixed some rare instances of players being unable to progress further in the game even after reloading.
  • Fix for a bug where the Gorocco would disappear mid-combat.
  • Fix for an issue where Cal would get stuck in a specific Blaster state if dying while in it.
  • Fix for a bug where BD-1 wouldn’t be able to open a door.
  • Fix for void tear interactions not working correctly.
  • Fix for trying to load corrupt save games sometimes leaving you in the main menu. It will now correctly attempt to load your backup save.
  • Improved UX for Koboh matter turrets that players were previously unable to exit out of.
  • Fix for the Rancor and the Wampa not correctly leaving Cal's XP behind when he respawns.
  • Fix for a bug where the Skills menu wouldn't correctly close.
  • Improved sync for sound during one of the cinematics.
  • Fix for the environment not loading correctly on Koboh after Cal respawns.

More patches to come!

We’re still hard at work to improve your experience with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. Please let us know if you run into any further issues and keep an eye out for future patches.

Luipadre

Patch 5 Details

• Improved content caching to reduce hitching.
  • Improved thread handling when raytracing is turned off.
  • Fix for an issue where lowering the PC visual settings would incorrectly lower your resolution scale if FSR is disabled.
    Note: if you previously disabled FSR and are playing on a lower visual quality, you may want to readjust your quality settings.
  • Fix for a reset button not responding on PC when using both controller and keyboard.
  • More robust detection of pre-order and deluxe content in-game, preventing players from only randomly having access to the content.
  • Various performance fixes.
  • Stability improvements.
  • Various collision and navigation improvements to prevent issues where characters get stuck out of bounds.
  • Fixed an issue where Drya Thornne would become invincible.
  • Music fixes for scenarios where two different themes would collide.
  • Fixed an issue where Bode wouldn’t grab the senator during some New Game+ playthroughs.
  • Fix for a bug where the Skriton wouldn’t appear correctly.
  • Fix for Dagan not appearing correctly in a cinematic.
  • Fixed some rare instances of players being unable to progress further in the game even after reloading.
  • Fix for a bug where the Gorocco would disappear mid-combat.
  • Fix for an issue where Cal would get stuck in a specific Blaster state if dying while in it.
  • Fix for a bug where BD-1 wouldn’t be able to open a door.
  • Fix for void tear interactions not working correctly.
  • Fix for trying to load corrupt save games sometimes leaving you in the main menu. It will now correctly attempt to load your backup save.
  • Improved UX for Koboh matter turrets that players were previously unable to exit out of.
  • Fix for the Rancor and the Wampa not correctly leaving Cal's XP behind when he respawns.
  • Fix for a bug where the Skills menu wouldn't correctly close.
  • Improved sync for sound during one of the cinematics.
  • Fix for the environment not loading correctly on Koboh after Cal respawns.

More patches to come!

We’re still hard at work to improve your experience with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. Please let us know if you run into any further issues and keep an eye out for future patches.

A lot of pc specific fixes again and no console. Well "various performance fixes" is there but... ah well

SlimySnake

Patch 5 Details

Note: if you previously disabled FSR and are playing on a lower visual quality, you may want to readjust your quality settings
lol. Its insane that this took 5 patches to fix. One of the most obvious bugs. Now i can finally use custom settings at 4k.

Any optimized settings? I dont mind turning down shadows, AA, and visual effects as long as the textures and foliage are at epic quality. i just dont know what visual effects touch. in hogwarts, effects were changing reflections quality.

really hope they fixed the various visual bugs with RT off otherwise all these performance gains in the non-RT mode would be for naught.

yamaci17

lol. Its insane that this took 5 patches to fix. One of the most obvious bugs. Now i can finally use custom settings at 4k.

Any optimized settings? I dont mind turning down shadows, AA, and visual effects as long as the textures and foliage are at epic quality. i just dont know what visual effects touch. in hogwarts, effects were changing reflections quality.

really hope they fixed the various visual bugs with RT off otherwise all these performance gains in the non-RT mode would be for naught.
unreal engine's graphical settings suck. no granularity, no proper explanations, just same shit across many games with no visual cues / clues. worst is post process quality setting with each preset being bundled with different post process effects some you would like to keep, some you would like to disable, but they're bundled in a way randomly

df boycotss game due bad optimization , does not do a proper console vs pc setting comparison video

SlimySnake

unreal engine's graphical settings suck. no granularity, no proper explanations, just same shit across many games with no visual cues / clues. worst is post process quality setting with each preset being bundled with different post process effects some you would like to keep, some you would like to disable, but they're bundled in a way randomly

df boycotss game due bad optimization , does not do a proper console vs pc setting comparison video
Alex is getting lazy. I can understand passing on TLOU which was straight up broken but Jedi was in a somewhat playable state and his findings wouldve helped Respawn find these issues faster. Just giving up doing your job because its getting harder is bizarre. Thats exactly what the industry is doing. He needs to do better.

Hogwarts, TLOU and now Star Wars. Really poor coverage from DF lately.

Nydius

A lot of pc specific fixes again and no console. Well "various performance fixes" is there but... ah well

Apparently most of these fixes will also be coming to console, just not today, with the console update timing TBA:

Alex is getting lazy. I can understand passing on TLOU which was straight up broken but Jedi was in a somewhat playable state and his findings wouldve helped Respawn find these issues faster. Just giving up doing your job because its getting harder is bizarre.

In one of the recent DF Directs (latest one, I think), he complained for a fair bit about having to deal with a stream of broken and buggy games.

On one hand, I absolutely get it. It has to be exhausting to have to constantly deal with shoddy ports, bad optimization, and repeating the same complaints over and over in the hopes that developers take note and listen.

But on the other hand — doing that is quite literally his entire fucking job. Deciding he’s going to skip buggy or broken games because he’s tired of them would be tantamount to me deciding to just not show up to work because I didn’t feel like it that day

Last edited:

SlimySnake

But on the other hand — doing that is quite literally his entire fucking job. Deciding he’s going to skip buggy or broken games because he’s tired of them would be tantamount to me deciding to just not show up to work because I didn’t feel like it that day
lol Precisely.

What's even more important is that unlike other PC youtubers, he has a direct line to most developers. I have been following a couple of really hardworking youtubers lately who review each patch. Found them when Alex refused to cover Hogwarts. But they are not big enough or have an inside track to devs Alex enjoys thanks to Eurogamer and Richards 30 years in the business.

I actually like his work, and have come to rely on it, but he's definitely been slacking lately.

Denton

I actually like his work, and have come to rely on it, but he's definitely been slacking lately.
This is BS for one simple reason - there are no settings in Jedi Survivor that can provide smooth experience. You can set everything to low in 480p resolution and the game will still not be smooth on 13900K and RTX 4090.

So there is no reason to bother. Also, there is the idiotic problem with settings not taking effect properly without game restart, "optimizing files" screen on every start taking almost a minute without doing anything and being unskippable...

I absofuckinglutely understand why Alex does not bother with this game. Time is limited, everything has an opportunity cost. He can work on other things in the meantime.

That said, TLOU is getting to a state where optimized setting video would be possible and useful.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

This is BS for one simple reason - there are no settings in Jedi Survivor that can provide smooth experience. You can set everything to low in 480p resolution and the game will still not be smooth on 13900K and RTX 4090.

So there is no reason to bother. Also, there is the idiotic problem with settings not taking effect properly without game restart, "optimizing files" screen on every start taking almost a minute without doing anything and being unskippable...

I absofuckinglutely understand why Alex does not bother with this game. Time is limited, everything has an opportunity cost. He can work on other things in the meantime.

That said, TLOU is getting to a state where optimized setting video would be possible and useful.
Yeah, i know but thats mostly true on koboh. Most of the other areas scale well with GPU power and arent bottlenecked by the CPU like the koboh town area. Hell, even some of the forest areas and starkiller base in koboh have full 99% GPU utilization. Jeddah too. He can have a disclaimer saying that the settings wont do much in koboh but should be valid everywhere else in the game.

Nydius

The only "BS" I see is your excuse.

Let me reiterate this point one more time:
IT'S HIS FUCKING JOB. IT IS WHAT HE IS PAID TO DO.

Doesn't matter if he "wants" to waste his time on it or not.
Doesn't matter if he thinks it's "pointless" to do so.
Skipping it because he'd rather go do other things is the equivalent of cherry picking doing only what you enjoy at your job.

It doesn't work that way.
If he's not going to do his job because he's tired of dealing with it, time to find someone else who will.

Such an odd patch.

Performance is better(like 20 fps better on average lol) when I turn FSR off anywhere, and when I turn it on the left side of the screen has this wild ghost effect as soon as I try and look around. Like its really distracting

On Koboh it seems like turning FSR all the way off has less hitches and stutters

Denton

Let me reiterate this point one more time:
IT'S HIS FUCKING JOB. IT IS WHAT HE IS PAID TO DO.
NO IT IS NOT.

His job is whatever he decides to work on. Funny how that works, eh? His focus is broader than just providing optimized settings for shitty (technically) unoptimized games.
and when I turn it on the left side of the screen has this wild ghost effect as soon as I try and look around.
I had this issue with FSR enabled even before this latest patch, when I used 1440p and FSR quality. Then I switched to 4K with FSR performance and that ghost turn artifact went away.
If he's not going to do his job because he's tired of dealing with it, time to find someone else who will.

Great, feel free to start, looking forward to your analyses.
Yeah, i know but thats mostly true on koboh.

And Koboh happens to be largest area in the game..
That said, this latest patch seems to have smoothed the area around the canteen a little, it still stutters but less than before.

SlimySnake

Is the update available on the EA App? It doesnt give me the option to update.

My EA App did update.

EDIT: nvm, had to restart the EA app.

Last edited:

Nydius

NO IT IS NOT.
You can write this in all caps as much as you want, doesn't make it any more accurate.

He can't pick and choose the shit he wants to cover.

If he doesn't want to do his job because he's tired of big triple A games are coming out in a shitty state and would rather whine about that on DF Direct, he can move the fuck on and make way for someone who would be glad to.

Hi, we're Digital Foundry and we want to be known as the premier space for technical analysis for console and PC games... but we're not going to bother reviewing one of the biggest game launches of the year so far because we're tired of broken PC ports and it hurts us to do so.

Fuck outta here. If you want to be regarded as the standard bearer, you can't pull this lazy ass pick and choose shit because a bunch of other games have also had issues.

Last edited:

lefty1117

Gold Member
I have a significant performance pickup with this patch. The hitching is all but gone on Coruscant and Koboh. Koboh is a solid 50-60 fps in town, and I'm at 90+ fps everywhere else. I'm on a 4090, i7 11700k, 64gb ram, 1440p with RT on and all settings on Epic. Oh and FSR off now, f that garbage.

Top Bottom