- Next-gen only.
- Same resolution and settings on PS5 and Series X.
- 30 FPS mode is locked on both PS5 and Series X. Recommended mode by NX Gamer.
- Quality mode targets 4K output (2560x1440) TAA FSR 2 PC settings.
- Performance mode on PS5 and Series X targets 2048 x 1152 and 60 FPS. This resolution setting is closer to 1440p FSR 2 Balanced on PC with DRS.
- Performance mode, much like PC, is 60 bound and stays around 50 FPS in the open-world sections. That is the case for both PS5 and Series X.
- Ray-tracing is enabled on both PS5 and Series X.
- Series X performs 18% worse than PlayStation 5.
- VRR still leads to screen tearing.
- Image quality is sharp and relatively clean, but thin elements can cause shimmering.
- Performance mode also has lower level of foliage, LOD, tessellation, geometry, and triangle count.
- Characters models are particularly great -- "Naughty Dog Level great."
- Consoles have the same FOV settings as the PC version.
- Series S targets a 1600 x 900 TAA resolution
- Series S, targeting 900p 30 FPS (only mode), performs well with only occasional screen tearing.
- Occasional drops to 25-27 FPS during some segments and cutscenes, which are likely due to GPU.
- Series S also has reduced light sources, shadows, and ambient occlusion. Some of the lightings may be bugs.
- Series S does not offer ray-tracing.
- On PC, ray tracing is costly and can cost approximately 43% performance when turning it on.
- But SSR has issues, so ray-tracing is a very welcome addition.
- Beautiful game.
- Out of Series X, Series X, PC, and PS5, PS5 offers the best experience, relatively speaking. But even that has stuttering and frame dropping issues.
- A 40 FPS option would be great on the high-end consoles.
- Despite receiving many patches, PC only saw an 8% improvement. Very CPU bound. And GPU bound, too, if you go above 1440p.