• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Rating Suggests The Title Will Be More Violent Than The Previous Game

Draugoth

Gold Member
classificacao-etaria-de-star-wars-jedi-survivor-sugere-que-o-titulo-sera-mais-violento-que-o-jogo-anterior-083460.jpg

According to the age rating, the rating suggests that Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will be more violent than the previous game, but it won't be as violent as most people wanted, as we have a Disney-branded game here.

The information says the following:

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is a sci-fi adventure game revolving around Cal Kestis, one of the last remaining Jedi in the galaxy.
Accompanied by his droid partner, BD-1, Cal must acquire skills, enlist allies, and deepen his connection to the Force to survive the Empire's quest to destroy the Jedi. The game is rated Advisory 16 (Suitable for ages 16 and up).

Played from a third-person perspective, the player character explores a variety of environments and uses his lightsaber and Force powers to inflict damage on enemies. The player character will also solve puzzles, gain abilities and interact with other characters to progress.

Throughout the game, there are frequent scenes of moderate violence in which the player character will face a variety of enemies such as droids, creatures, and stormtroopers in hand-to-hand battle.

The strongest scenes depict characters being impaled or having limbs severed by lightsabers, but there are no explicit details or bloodshed.
These are appropriate under the ADV16 guidelines, which allow for 'realistic but not overly graphic violence with depiction of blood'. There is also use of coarse language such as "damn", "hell" and "bastard", which are seen in the English subtitles.

Romulus

Still not sure why this needed to exclude previous gen looking at the gameplay. I have a PC/ps5 but that makes no sense to me

Klosshufvud

I feel like Star Wars has become purposely lame and low-risk after The Last Jedi polarizing the fanbase. Fallen Order was really a victim of that phenomenon.

Tommi84

I have no idea why one is perfectly fine while the other not.
Maybe the element of interactivity plays a role? In one, you watch this happens, in the other you are actually the one who cut the limb off?

Not that it makes any sense. You still kill someone with whatever the tools you have xD

Last edited:
The odd thing is there were cut limbs in cutscenes, just not gameplay. I have no idea why one is perfectly fine while the other not.
If I had to guess, in order to make the combat more challenging, you can't just let your character slice dudes in half as you'd expect from taking a fucking lightsaber to the skin.

Corian33

Meanwhile Jedi Knight 2 let you chop everyone you met into twenty pieces if you put in a cheat code. Twenty years later and we haven’t recaptured that magic.

Top Bottom