• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will feature "both fast travel and rideable creatures"

Draugoth

Gold Member
5kdrYKYW26UStcYCAWT6M4-1200-80.jpg.webp

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor will have both fast travel and rideable creatures, according to the game's director.

As revealed in an upcoming issue of Play Magazine (which is due to release on February 7) Stig Asmussen - the director of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - has said the sequel will feature fast travel as well as mounts to get across the game's world.

"We will feature both fast travel and rideable creatures to help players quickly get from point A to B, and back to A," Asmussen says, "the fast-travel is point to point, and the rideable creatures offer a way to quickly negotiate between points and explore what is in between." That's got to be good news for those wanting to take Cal and BD-1 on a tour around Star Wars Jedi: Survivor's map.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Hopefully they can make the riding fun.

Man, this game looks so visually underwhelming for a next gen only title running on UE5, was expecting so much more. Should still be a blast gameplay wise though.
They didn't have a lot of time with UE5, this is mostly UE4 then they toggled the UE5 box.

Last edited:

FBeeEye

Banned
Will the gawd awful parry system return? Combat never really felt that satisfying to me and when I did successfully parry, it felt like pure luck. The game is borderline unplayable when multiple enemies attack. It's a shame. The game was beautiful, the story great and the exploration was top-tier. But as soon as I had to fight more than two enemies, I wanted to chuck the controller through the screen.

That goddam arena mission damn near broke me.

Neff

Combat never really felt that satisfying to me and when I did successfully parry, it felt like pure luck. The game is borderline unplayable when multiple enemies attack.

Some of the enemy attack properties are screwy but I found the parry window to be pretty generous on Jedi Master (2nd highest difficulty) as parry windows generally go. I don't feel like it's something they need to fix.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’ll admit I didn’t like using the regular lightsaber. I thought it was weak. I only liked the dual saber. I’m hoping they have some memorable bosses. That big bat from the first one was annoying.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Will the gawd awful parry system return? Combat never really felt that satisfying to me and when I did successfully parry, it felt like pure luck. The game is borderline unplayable when multiple enemies attack. It's a shame. The game was beautiful, the story great and the exploration was top-tier. But as soon as I had to fight more than two enemies, I wanted to chuck the controller through the screen.

That goddam arena mission damn near broke me.
did you play on playstation or xbox?

I had a horrendous time parrying with the LB buttons on the xbox controller on pc. A parry focused boss fight towards the end was literally impossible until i switched to the PS4 controller and boom, worked like a charm.

DaGwaphics

Rediculous they had to use a actor where his only acting was joker. Can't play joker in a star wars game.

Most people probably recognize him as Ian Gallagher from the US version of Shameless.

I always find it off putting a bit when you can recognize the actors in games, just because it creates an uncanny situation for me when I'm familiar with the real life faces.

Same thing with the mob guy from Prison Break that is in so many video games.

Edder1

They didn't have a lot of time with UE5, this is mostly UE4 then they toggled the UE5 box.
I agree with you, but they shouldn't have been hyping up their game by saying that graphics are amazing and how UE5 makes their game look spectacular. Like you said, it's pretty evident it's built on UE4 and in most regards is an asset rehash of Fallen Order. I'm sure we'll see some visual upgrades over the original , but this is still underwhelming for next gen only release and makes me think it started development as a cross gen title.

Last edited:
Top Bottom