• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

MattyG

Banned
JcUZe3E.png

* Flavor *

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Video transcript said:
The galaxy is in a state of upheaval. Following the destruction of the DEATH STAR, the Empire is hunting the Rebel Alliance with more ferocity than ever.

In the midst of the conflict, a Rebel transport had been engaged by Imperial forces. A raging battle ensues, with the transport ultimately falling to the harsh surface of Tatooine, far from any signs of civilization.

Twenty-three crew members have made it out of the wreckage, but it will soon become apparent that there are dissidents among them. Hutt mobsters, hired by the Empire to eliminate the Rebels, have been lurking in the ranks, along with a few others who have more than just the Rebel cause at heart...

* Graveyard/detnetion list *

Terrabyte20xx
Traube
Lord of Castamere
Redhood56
exmachina64
OceanicAir
Barrylocke
Zippedpinhead
TheWorthyEdge
Quantumbro
Zubz
Blargonaut
swamped
Setre
Makai
AbsolutBro
CzarTim

* Living survivors *

Matt Attack
Raindoc
ejawa
YesNOnoNOYes
Palmer_v1

* Winner list *
Johnnyquickknives

MattyG

Banned
* Rules *

1. During the Day Phase, all players will be allowed to vote for a player to be Detained (similar to Lynched) by the end of the Phase. That player will be eliminated from the game.
2. For your vote to count, it must be presented in the following format:

VOTE: MattyG

via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text, as above.
3. To remove a vote from a player, you must present in the following format:

UNVOTE: MattyG

via use of the highlight tag. It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text, as above.
4. It is not necessary to UNVOTE before casting new VOTE for a different player; unvoting is simply to remove a vote without casting a new one.
5. I will accept within reason misspelt names; although if I am unsure, I will notify you as such and in the meanwhile discount the vote. Votes in broken tags will not count.
6. Once someone has received a strict majority (50% +1) of the available votes, they are considered Detained. Once this has happened, any further votes or unvotes that phase will not be counted, and I will end that day phase and proceed to the next night phase as soon as possible. Someone who has the majority of the votes will not be considered Detained until the end of that day phase proper.
7. Players may bring a day phase to an end immediately without detaining by voting for

VOTE: No Detain

As with voting, please put the command in a separate line.
8. Once you're out, you are out; you may no longer discuss the game in ANY manner with ANY of the remaining players. Evicted players may PM me one last message for the other players, which I will post on their behalf in this thread. The sole condition is that it contains NO game-relevant information, e.g. "Thanks guys for an excellent game!" is allowed, "My life is ruined" is allowed, "My partner was Stitches!" is not.

* Fundamental Rules *

9. All site-wide rules are also applicable here. Please do not bring this community into disrepute.
10. Unless your Role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game must be strictly confined to this thread.
11. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. This is to prevent players using screenshots of material I sent them as proof. You are allowed, however, to lie about any mechanics or things I may have told you (within reasonable bounds).
12. Please be courteous to your fellow players. Mafia can be a game of high tension, and occasionally aggressive play can be useful; but keep in mind that this all takes place within the context of a game, and one that is there to be enjoyed.

Activity and Deadlines
13. In general, treat this game as a commitment. Remember that other players' enjoyment of this game is dependent on your participation; this game only works if you remain reasonably active.
14. If you do not post in this thread at least once in a 72 hour (3 day) period without prior permission, I will issue a PM notifying you that your absence has been noted (a "prod"). If you receive 3 such prods over the course of a game, I will immediately seek a replacement.
15. If you do not respond to a prod within a 48 (2 day) hour period, I will immediately seek replacement.
16. If you need an extended period of absence for some other issues in life, please notify me by PM in advance. I can grant leave of up to 120 hours (5 days).
17. If you expect to be unable to post for a period of over 120 hours (5 days), please notify me by PM that you do not expect to be able to continue playing.
18. Each day phase will last 96 hours, and officially begins and starts when I notify the players as such in this thread.
19. Each night phase will last 72 hours, and officially begins and starts when I notify the players as such in this thread.
20. In the event of a day ending with no player having a plurality of the votes, then the game will proceed to the next night phase with nobody evicted ("no-evict").
21. In the event of a phase ending with me not having received an action PM from a given player with a relevant action, then the game will proceed to the next phase with no action having been taken ("no-action").

* Other *

22. Outside of the VOTE and UNVOTE commands, the use of the highlight tag is strictly my prerogative. Do not use it.
23. Do not edit your posts. If you are a repeat offender, I will seek a replacement.
24. I will attempt to provide a list of the votes so far (a "Vote Count") as frequently as possible. If you feel I have forgotten to do so recently, please just ask and I will do so at the first opportunity.
25. I reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, I will inform all players when I have done so.
26. In general, do not try and exploit loop-holes in the rules.
27. Please refrain from self-voting. Any self-votes will not be counted.

28. Have fun!

* Example Role PM *

Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Rebel.

You are aligned with the Rebel Alliance.

You have no abilities other than voting.

You win when no remaining players are Hutt Mob-aligned.

MattyG

Banned
At the end of the day, OceanicAir, the Hutt Mob Leader, had a plurality of the votes and was detained.

Welcome!

You are a Hutt Mob Leader.

You are aligned with the Hutt Mob.

Mob-wide message and instructions: Your partners are REDACTED. Each night phase, one of the Mob-aligned players may kill one of the non-Mob-aligned players by PMing me with the command KILL: MattyG. This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM. You may also communicate with other Mob-aligned players at the QuickTopic board found here.

Also, there are two Hutt Mob-aligned players who do not know your identities and cannot secretly converse with you, but will work towards your cause. You don't know their identities either, so be careful not to lynch them!

Player specific message and instructions: When the Empire approached you with this job, you were hesitant to accept… until you saw their offer. No one in their right mind would turn down that many credits. Now you and your team have infiltrated the Rebel ranks with one goal in mind: eliminate them from the inside out.

If investigated by an information gathering role, you will appear as a Rebel.

You win when Hutt Mob-aligned players are at least half of the remaining players.

Day 5 has ended. Please do not post in this thread until the beginning of day 6. Day 6 will begin at approximately 08:00 PM EDT on Saturday 20 June.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
As a reminder as in the other thread, I'm your back-up if MattyG can't make a session for any reason. If neither of us are around for some reason, Karkador is your point of last resort. Have a good game, and may the force be with you. :3

New avatar inc.

Edit: I want to make it clear to all reading that this avatar was selected long before role PMs went out. it is not indicative of anything

Except that Bossk is awesome.

shit, thought I was in the other thread where I AM allowed to edit. can a mod delete that post or something? Game hasn't started and I've already fucked up.

Zubz

Banned
So before this begins, having only seen the Star Wars Christmas Special... which ones are Klingons again?

Joking aside, this is really well done. I can't wait!

Swamped

Banned
The thread set up looks so cool, especially the intro video!

I won't be able to post a crazy amount this weekend but don't take that to mean I'm with the Hutts!

Makai

While we wait for our roles, can anybody summarize previous games? Any interesting strategies employed?

MattyG

Banned
Almost ready to start sending them out! Just sorting out a few balance issues and putting the finishing polish on them.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Mine was too. :p I'm still helping MattyG with the finishing touches, I should know.

Zatoth

The role pms haven't been sent out yet too.

Empire role are traditionally sent out long before the Rebel ones. It is known.

So you most likely received your role and screwed up big.

Not having received my role yet makes me a Rebel, obviously.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Empire role are traditionally sent out long before the Rebel ones. It is known.

So you most likely received your role and screwed up big.

Not having received my role yet makes me a Rebel, obviously.

Can confirm*.

*Can't confirm.

Makai

So before this begins, having only seen the Star Wars Christmas Special... which ones are Klingons again?
You are Geordi La Forge

320x240.jpg

Use your visor to investigate players at night and determine their alignment. Players who are investigated are not told as much.

MattyG

Banned
Alright everyone, role PMs are beginning to roll out. The day will begin as soon as I send the last one.

Obviously please refrain from talking about roles once you get yours (I'm positive nobody would've anyway, but better safe than sorry). Also, keep in mind that role choice was random.

MattyG

Banned
And so it begins... said:
Twilight_crashed.png

It's only been a couple hours since the twenty-three of you stumbled out of the wreckage of the ship, but suspicious activity has already begun. The far side of Tatooine is a harsh place, and it's about to get even harsher...

t1432165500z1.png

Palmer_v1

While we wait for our roles, can anybody summarize previous games? Any interesting strategies employed?

I think the most interesting thing from the last game was Karkador role claiming doctor when he was really a serial killer. He eventually got caught in his lie(by accidentally killing the actual doctor, lol), and rather than offing him him immediately, we turned him against the Mafia instead.

Palmer_v1

Well, let me start this off with my first double post since we can't edit. Hope everyone has fun, and good luck!

If you're new to this kind of game, do not be afraid to ask questions here, but obviously be very careful about revealing any role information.

CzarTim

Well, let me start this off with my first double post since we can't edit. Hope everyone has fun, and good luck!

If you're new to this kind of game, do not be afraid to ask questions here, but obviously be very careful about revealing any role information.
Ditto! Let's not reveal too much at the start. Even if you don't have powers, scum knowing that increases their chances of hitting a power role.

I'm ready to get this started!

VOTE:palmer_v1

I love the enthusiasm!

Okay first off, I'm sure that vote was random. I'm not implying any foul play here. I don't want to get too meta, but I know that Palmer is a Rebel asset based on the last game. He might be a Hut, but we have no proof. He was an very active townie last game. I feel if we blindly eliminate someone today it should be an unknown player. Not someone who could be beneficial if Rebel aligned.

I know Palmer. I won't vote for him without a good reason, random or no. That might seem unfair, but Rebel interests come first. I'm not saying all Game 1 Vets are safe either. I just won't vote for Palmer.

Top Bottom