• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

And that ill-advised torso articulation that makes him look like he's wearing a sports bra. They avoided this mistake with farmboy Luke and thank god for that.
And no open flap option.
And no poncho, robe, helmet or camo. To be fair Hasbro didn't do those last four.
There was a fantastic third-party poncho, but that person only made a few and stopped. You can still get robes but there's no point without the poncho. Luke never wore just the robe.

Look at this shit. So good. They used the wrong robe color, though. It's supposed to be dark brown.
Ah, I wasn't aware of those problems because... I don't actually own one lol.
The new Mafex Rogue One Vader fixes the main problems with their previous Vader, like the comically oversized shoulder armor. It's certainly far better than the existing Figuarts.
https://postimage.org/
Oh damn, that looks very nice. I think I may have to pick it up when it releases.

When you gonna sell it?
giphy.gif

It ain't Hot Toys :p

It seems Mafex Rogue One Vader only comes with the lightdaber hilt and no blade. That's odd.
Medicom's new Darth Vader MAFEX figure, based on his appearance in "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story," is about 16cm tall, and features a newly sculpted helmet, newly designed joints for improved posability, a lightsaber hilt, and interchangeable hands. A figure stand is included too. Add a bit of the Dark Side to your collection today!
https://hlj.com/product/MEDMAFEX-45

Never owned a Figuarts but own a few Revoltechs and a Figma. Are they worth it? Looking at some troopers.
Yeah, they're definitely worth it.

RyanW

So I just saw the stuff with the 40th anniversary Black Series figures but I'm a bit lost and really don't keep up with news on merch.

Are the figures with the anniversary packaging out or are they about to come out? And does that also include the legacy pack(that's what I really want)?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
It seems Mafex Rogue One Vader only comes with the lightdaber hilt and no blade. That's odd.

Did that announcement come out before the movie? It may just be some bullshit about not spoiling the movie.
There was no mention of a blade, only a hilt, for the Hot Toys version in their announcement and promo shots. Then it shipped with a lightsaber blade.
Still, I wouldn't preorder. Mafex stuff is easy to find.

So I just saw the stuff with the 40th anniversary Black Series figures but I'm a bit lost and really don't keep up with news on merch.

Are the figures with the anniversary packaging out or are they about to come out? And does that also include the legacy pack(that's what I really want)?
HasbroToyShop was selling them early right after their reveal. No other retailer has them yet.

They were solicited to retailers so they will be available for everyone. I think April or May?

Did that announcement come out before the movie? It may just be some bullshit about not spoiling the movie.
There was no mention of a blade, only a hilt, for the Hot Toys version in their announcement and promo shots. Then it shipped with a lightsaber blade.
Still, I wouldn't preorder. Mafex stuff is easy to find.
Yeah, you could be right. Actually, I think you're probably spot on.

Yarbskoo

Since the Action Fleet version never made it to production, I'm stuck with the larger Hasbro Zam Wesell Speeder.
bamhFHp.png

This thing is about twice the size of an Action Fleet ship. I don't really have room for it, but I've never let that stop me before.
jw0ivwJ.png

The cockpit, while not exactly screen accurate, is more detailed than I expected.
r5uG4tx.png
3b20Na7.png

The vehicle's main action feature, the simulated crash crumpling with detaching panels, is also the main flaw for me. The rubbery parts mess up the contours of the ship, and probably won't hold up well over time. They already feel kinda sticky and unpleasant.
WMTy4Qs.png

My Zam Wesell figure fits awkwardly into the cockpit. It kinda creates the impression that perhaps she didn't survive the crash this time.
O8zzOys.png

Experien

Got my FigurArts Tank Commander and Shoretrooper. They are NICE! Gave the Tank Commander the Shoretrooper's small blaster and moved Tank's blaster to my BLACK Death Trooper. It works well enough.

Only issue is these figres are smaller than BLACK and Revoltech figures.

edit: they also don't stand well

I sort of really want this:

Crosley Radio has announced that this 40th anniversary Star Wars turntable will be available in participating independent record stores for the 10th annual Record Store Day on Saturday, April 22.

Features include pitch control, Bluetooth, dynamic full-range stereo speakers, a headphone jack and RCA outputs.

The Star Wars turntable will be fairly affordable at $109.95, so I expect that it won’t be easy to get your hands on.

http://nerdapproved.com/misc-gadgets/star-wars-40th-anniversary-turntable/

LFa5vdN.jpg

82VnFDL.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I just got the Medicom Mafex Boba Fett based on all the positive reviews and my enjoyment of the previously released Mafex Vader.

The details on the figure are great and the sculpt and colors are good, but there's almost TOO much going on with the figure. As soon as I was moving his right arm to get the rifle on, the arm popped off, and immediately was a bitch to get into the socket again securely, partly because the Wookie scalps keep sliding down into the socket area.

Also the arm mobility isn't quite as articulated as I'd like, I was hoping I could swivel the arms at the elbow so I could get Fett in his classic rifle holding pose, but the arms don't seem to swivel in.

Also the plastic covering his helmet out of the packaging is irritating. I had to use a knife to get it off and risk scraping the paint or plastic to do it.

So a great looking figure in every way, but not as pleasing as the Mafex Vader. Articulation should be way better than it actually is.

The arms and legs all have drop-down joints. You pull straight down on them and then they move much more freely.

Yarbskoo

I've had this Coruscant Speeder for 15-ish years now, and as you can see it's not entirely undamaged, but I think it still looks good enough to display with the rest of my collection.
45YNL62.png

Like Zam's Speeder, this one has a pretty nicely detailed interior, which can seat any two figures you want to have a nice romantic drive together.
FDri6X7.png
Dm6MBdV.png

The vehicle has the same crumple feature with pop-off panels that Zam's Speeder has, and while the effect is more subtle, I think the rubbery parts do a better job of not screwing up the contours here.
hI7YhM0.png

Also, I built this K-2SO from the Bandai model kit. It's pretty neat.
LuaMA5Z.png

You know what I buy at Star Wars Celebration? A ThreeA Optimus Prime. I'm an enigma.

Nah. You're bridging franchises here! Now whenever you look at that Optimus Prime, you'll remember that time you went to Star Wars Celebration.

I expected a Thrawn figure this year what with his return in Rebels and his novel. Gree's a bit of an odd choice.

I had my eye on the novel. Any word as to whether it's good or not?

marq_roq

Neo Member
The Black Series Rey & Speeder look fantastic in person. Bigger than I expected. Also, the Lego Snowspeeder looks fantastic in person. Pumped for both.

Top Bottom