• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Surfinn

Apperently, an AMC in Ohio is selling tickets

8dww6mrsaaqz.jpg

So yeah, I am still Sunday is when they formally announce everything.

No

Not again..

The cover for TLJ's novelisation was released at NYCC. I'm surprised they went with the teaser poster over whatever they've come up with for the theatrical.

DLh-63pWAAEEfgW.jpg:large

kevin1025

Banned
I'm still not sold on the idea of a Han Solo movie, but Ron Howard sure seems to be enjoying himself.

That's the best part of watching Ron Howard's photo tour since he joined in, it looks like he's loving every minute of it.

But some of the pictures are giving me the worry that the Han Solo movie might be like the opening of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: here's how he got the whip, the scar, the hat, etc. Like everything clicks in this one single adventure rather than being gradual over his life.

That's the best part of watching Ron Howard's photo tour since he joined in, it looks like he's loving every minute of it.

But some of the pictures are giving me the worry that the Han Solo movie might be like the opening of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: here's how he got the whip, the scar, the hat, etc. Like everything clicks in this one single adventure rather than being gradual over his life.

It's definitely a valid concern. I don't think Kasdan wouldn't approach this movie with the aim of revealing everything about Han though. We're going to get some of that - how he met Chewie for example - but I'd be surprised if it spells out everything about Han. This quote from a while ago reassured me a bit:

”It will not be, 'Here's where he was born and this is how he was raised.' I think what it will be is what was he like 10 years earlier—maybe a little earlier, you'll get a glimpse. But Kurosawa once said the heroes are the ones that are still changing and the villains are locked and petrified into what they are, and Harrison embodies in Force Awakens someone who is still not settled on who he is."

kevin1025

Banned
It's definitely a valid concern. I don't think Kasdan wouldn't approach this movie with the aim of revealing everything about Han though. We're going to get some of that - how he met Chewie for example - but I'd be surprised if it spells out everything about Han. This quote from a while ago reassured me a bit:

That's definitely reassuring. I'll be happy if there's some recognizable stuff, but hopefully not everything, like the vest, the blaster, the Falcon, Chewie, learning how to hide under the floor, all that kind of stuff. Some will be cool, but if it's everything, then it'll be worrying.

I wonder when we might get a trailer. Will they toss it onto The Last Jedi, since it'd only be six months out?

He will definitly get the Falcon in this movie. So the only thing left would be the Kessel Run and maybe how he got his blaster.

I think they referenced the
Kessel mines
in one or two of his photos. And one of the most recent ones was
Han's blaster
sitting on a console. I spoilered them just in case, but they're in Ron Howard's pictures, so I don't think they're really spoilers at that point.

He will definitly get the Falcon in this movie. So the only thing left would be the Kessel Run and maybe how he got his blaster.

The Falcon's a no-brainer and as Kevin said, it looks like the Kessel mines will feature in some capacity. Personally I don't really mind them fleshing out things like this. I was more concerned they'd go into too much of his past like 'here's his parents, here's how he was bullied when he was a kid, here's how he made his blaster out of tin foil and some odd nuts and bolts etc'. I think Kasdan's wise enough not to go too far down that rabbit hole.

OH BOY, is this confirmed?

We're expecting an announcement tomorrow.

sphagnum

Banned

I think we're basically guaranteed to see how he met Chewie, got the Falcon, and did the Kessel Run. He may already know Lando beforehand though.

sphagnum

Banned
According to Manabyte we should definitely be getting the poster tomorrow and the tickets Monday. Disney got mad at the Reddit leak and threatened to push the ticket sales back to show AMC who's boss but he thinks the sales will still happen.

kevin1025

Banned
It seems to take a lot of flak these days but I still really enjoy The Last Crusade.

Raiders is definitely my favorite, even a top five of all time for me, though Last Crusade is definitely the more fun film.

According to Manabyte we should definitely be getting the poster tomorrow and the tickets Monday. Disney got mad at the Reddit leak and threatened to push the ticket sales back to show AMC who's boss but he thinks the sales will still happen.

That would punish the fans more than AMC, since the rumors have us hoping for it now.

Sayers

I think we're basically guaranteed to see how he met Chewie, got the Falcon, and did the Kessel Run. He may already know Lando beforehand though.

The biggest question about the Han Solo movie for me is will R2-D2 and C-3PO have a cameo? If not, it will be the first Star Wars movie they don't appear in.

Raiders is definitely my favorite, even a top five of all time for me, though Last Crusade is definitely the more fun film.
I'd agree that Raiders is still the best, but I love the chemistry between Ford and Connery. It papers over many of the film's cracks for me. After the darker Temple of Doom it definitely felt like Spielberg and Lucas just wanted to make something that was really good fun again.

sphagnum

Banned
Apparently Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran is the worst book in canon and has a scene where everyone farts during Snap and Kare's wedding.

sphagnum

Banned
If Luke dies in TLJ, there is a 0% chance of him not coming back as a ghost in IX unless Mark himself dies.

Considering how bad Carrie's death was I don't know if I could even handle Mark dying.

Top Bottom