• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Yeah he’s expensive as fuck. His lines at Celebration were nuts too. Wish I’d have done an autograph instead.

His autograph was over 300 lol. I just wanted something for the memory and I thought a photo would be better than autographed action figure, but of course I didn't take in to account that he might still be down with a cell phone selfie.

I've always been on Team "new arrangement of The Jedi Steps" for stuff like this. May actually happen too, given how much they borrowed from the TFA themes for the teaser.

kevin1025

Banned
So, anybody got any trailer music wishlist?

I mentioned before that I hope they use a variant of this ESB carbon freeze cue, but I also hope they do something with Anakin's Dark Deeds.

I would love for a variation on what I consider to be the Boba Fett music, but it's more Darth Vader's Trap from the OST. Starts at 4:15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAcJ358BaA8&index=

A new variation on that would be awesome.

Or maybe it will be set to Something's Coming from West Side Story, as Rian Johnson is alluding to a few hours ago:

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/916844713675603968

Kylo walking up the steps toward Luke and Rey while this is playing, it could totally work!

Teggy

Jake Kasdan’s Zero Effect is one of my favorite movies, real hidden gem. But that was basically the peak of his creative output, and it was the first thing he did.

pitchfork

giphy.gif

kevin1025

Banned
Oh yeah, my cinema just announced they'll be selling TLJ tickets on Tuesday October 10 woo!

If Manabyte is anything to go by, we should get a poster today. But let's see.

Hopefully they do the four or five little teasers throughout the day like The Force Awakens, and then drop the poster tonight!

RyanW

Articles I’m seeing say they’ll show it at half time and the game starts at 8:15 pm EST. So roughly 10 pm EST for when the trailer is shown.

I hope they refrain from using the Force theme in the trailer this time.

Also I'm gonna try and avoid the trailer as much as I can, I feel it's way too close to the films release for me to want to know any more.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
How the hell is this movie STILL coming out in May? They're literally going to be working on it till the last second.

I mean, that’s a pretty short post cycle, but it’s technically doable. Especially if they’ve been getting everything they can already do out of the way during the hefty reshoot period. Gonna be real interesting. They might delay, but if they are going to then they already decided on it, and sitting on the May date this long is pretty weird.

Surfinn

I mean, that's a pretty short post cycle, but it's technically doable. Especially if they've been getting everything they can already do out of the way during the hefty reshoot period. Gonna be real interesting. They might delay, but if they are going to then they already decided on it, and sitting on the May date this long is pretty weird.

The question is

How does releasing in December not make the most sense? WHY are they so determined to get May back when it doesn't really even fall in line with the one year release schedule?

Surfinn

Because May is the traditional star wars release month

But who cares

TFA released in Dec, made 2B. R1 released in Dec, made 1B.

People seem very content with going to see SW in winter.

Though I suppose you could make the argument that they're preemptively avoiding shit weather in summer.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
But who cares

TFA released in Dec, made 2B. R1 released in Dec, made 1B.

People seem very content with going to see SW in winter.
Tell that Kathleen Kennedy. I would be fine with having not to deal with buying Star Wars tickets for big groups right in the time when everyone is at christmas workpartys

Surfinn

Tell that Kathleen Kennedy. I would be fine with having not to deal with buying Star Wars tickets for big groups right in the time when everyone is at christmas workpartys

Meh there's always something big going on whether it's summer or winter though honestly.

Like I said the only thing I can see is shit weather being an influence

Top Bottom