• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

kevin1025

Banned
Ron Howard works mega fast. It’s likely an assembly cut is being put together during the shoot and will be ready for him for post. I think it’ll still hit the May date! It’s just everyone is going to be working double time.

Plus from his photos, there’s a decent amount of practical sets. It might not need a monster amount of visual effects.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
But who cares

TFA released in Dec, made 2B. R1 released in Dec, made 1B.

People seem very content with going to see SW in winter.

Though I suppose you could make the argument that they're preemptively avoiding shit weather in summer.

Personally I love having Star Wars film in December, and they've essentially owned December for the last 2 years. I also love having all the merchandise coming out around Christmas.

kevin1025

Banned
This lines up perfectly, haha.

https://twitter.com/RealRonHoward/status/917010451023642624

"Spending more time in the editing rooms each day now after we wrap shooting #UntitledHanSoloMovie scenes"

DLngISYU8AABrDg.jpg

So he's editing during the shoot, which is a very good sign.

Teggy

Er...so if you have a Showcase theater they started selling tickets through their app. Crossing my fingers they don’t get cancelled.

Surfinn

Tickets locked. 8PM but thank god no one will be walking out of the theater, as the earliest showing is 6 and it's a 2 hour and a half film.

curb

Banned
I just bought my tickets for the Friday night. Hype!

Edit: I'm a little bummed out. They had a non 3D IMAX showing but I couldn't make the time work.

Snaku

Banned
Got tickets for the fan event at 6 on Thursday. Just got tickets for 7:25am and 11:45am on Friday. Might use my MoviePass to see it a third time on Friday, depending on how much I like it. I saw TFA four times in the first 24 hours, don't know if I have that in me again.

Grabbed 7:00pm Thursday tickets for the theater down the street from me, then 7:15pm XD Friday tickets for the theater across town with the nicer restaurants for a family showing. Dead center seats.

Feels good man

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I got 8

Good news is

People are still gunna be in the show so nobody is getting spoiled by folks walking out

I remember the staff waiting outside telling everyone not to talk about the spoilers when TFA came out. First time I had ever seen that.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I knew the trailer was going to be good but that was way better than I expected. Seems like we're going to be visiting a shit ton of awesome locations, also, Phasma is finally gonna get some good scenes.

Teggy

It was good. I kind of don’t want to watch it again. Many questions and I don’t want think about them.

2 months, ugh.

Werd

AMC really killing me here with these seating options for 2 months in advance tickets.

No reserved seating on the $25 fan event, regular 2D or Real D 3D. Only for the Dine-In showings (small theater, poor sound, brighter lighting so people can eat), or fake I-Max... but I-Max is either the $30 double feature that starts at 3 PM or the late night one afterwards.
The non-reserved seats were available up until a couple days before TFA and there is no service/cancellation fee with Stubbs Premiere so I went with the double feature for now assuming I can make it. Middle seats, first row of the middle section (need that leg room!) at least.

Top Bottom