• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Teggy

Do the ice/crystal foxes have a name? They’re going to upstage the porgs, take it to the bank.
They’re not even going to get a toy in reality :(

That Last Jedi trailer thread in OT turned into a hot mess.

Awesome trailer. Kind of digging the new walkers.

Most Star Wars threads do in the end.

giphy.gif

How many others have managed to avoid the trailer so far?

I'm a very regular cinemagoer indeed, so staying on blackout from here on out will be very tough.

kevin1025

Banned
How many others have managed to avoid the trailer so far?

I'm a very regular cinemagoer indeed, so staying on blackout from here on out will be very tough.

You will definitely have a tough time the next two months. It's for sure going to be attached to Thor, and will probably play in front of Justice League, too.

You will definitely have a tough time the next two months. It's for sure going to be attached to Thor, and will probably play in front of Justice League, too.

Oh it's not just tentpole releases I'm worried about.

My life is spent at the cinema.

Gonna cover my ears and shut my eyes repeatedly.

kevin1025

Banned
Oh it's not just tentpole releases I'm worried about.

My life is spent at the cinema.

Gonna cover my ears and shut my eyes repeatedly.

Yeah, it's going to be tough. With regular releases it won't be attached to as many (at least in the theatres I go to, they usually have similar trailers to the movie about to play), so you might not have as difficult a time. But those two will probably have it, since they'll have the maximum eyeballs for selling it.

You may need to only shut your eyes, the voices in the trailer aren't spoilery if you don't know what's happening on screen.

Surfinn

I must now call her Dazzle Ridley.

Interview was a little weird though. Wonder how long they take to script it up and rehearse and do they start over if someone makes a mistake?

That's what makes it so awesome. Looks to be one continuous shot too

Ezalc

Man I love Kit, sucks that his appearance in the movies was so lackluster, guess it's a small victory to think that he at least lasted one blow against Palpatine when two other masters couldn't even do that.

Him and Quinlan are my two favorite Jedi, one is dead and the other has no cannon info about how his last known battle went.

Malyse

I'm hopping on the "Snoke is talking to Rey not Kylo" train.
Actually, I'm on the "everyone in the trailer is talking to Rey" train.

I'm hopping on the "Snoke is talking to Rey not Kylo" train.
Actually, I'm on the "everyone in the trailer is talking to Rey" train.

Anthony Breznican suggested this as well. It could be the case with Luke, Kylo and Snoke but Poe's not talking to her. Or Chewie and the Porg if you want to get finicky, haha.

Surfinn

Hey

Yenno, since everybody is fucking talking about how great Rey is

This adds more fuel to the fire the Kylo is gunna be like, fuck you Snoke I don't need you anymore. I'm gunna prove how strong I am. I'm STRONGER than Rey.

He is so killing Snoke. I think Snoke's end game is going to eventually be to get Rey to replace him

Surfinn

I fucking LOVE RJ's updates man. That was a trip down memory lane.

I still remember that very first one on if it's a piece of equipment or a droid. Gunna miss this a lot.

Friends, we're in the final stretch. We now officially have two months and two days until The Last Jedi.

Watched Rogue One on Blu-ray with my dad. This was his first time, and my third. He loved it. :)

His brother had watched it like five times within the week after it came out on Blu-ray/DVD. Hah.

Thinking about watching A New Hope now...hehe.

Man I love Kit, sucks that his appearance in the movies was so lackluster, guess it's a small victory to think that he at least lasted one blow against Palpatine when two other masters couldn't even do that.

Him and Quinlan are my two favorite Jedi, one is dead and the other has no cannon info about how his last known battle went.

That's how I am with Plo Koon. Thank goodness he got so much love in The Clone Wars.

What its like to be a Force Ghost, as explained by Qui Gon Jin

Otherwise, you could read From A Certain Point Of View.
Which I should.

Yooooo, I'm so glad Qui-Gon is still such an important figure and that force ghost explanation is great.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Alright gang, I was thinking of starting that Star Wars rewatch thread next weekend. The format I was thinking was that we do a synchronized watch each Saturday if people are so inclined. That way, it lines up well when TLJ comes out.

Otherwise, I'm gonna hold this of until December when the hype really starts ramping up.

Either way, who's in?

kevin1025

Banned
Alright gang, I was thinking of starting that Star Wars rewatch thread next weekend. The format I was thinking was that we do a synchronized watch each Saturday if people are so inclined. That way, it lines up well when TLJ comes out.

Otherwise, I'm gonna hold this of until December when the hype really starts ramping up.

Either way, who's in?

I'd be up for a rewatch thread! I'm cool with every Saturday or just in December, so whichever one it becomes, I'm in.

Malyse

Anthony Breznican suggested this as well. It could be the case with Luke, Kylo and Snoke but Poe's not talking to her. Or Chewie and the Porg if you want to get finicky, haha.
Why not? Poe's line is something about being the spark that burns down the First Empire. Why can't that be him talking to Rey? It would be nice for them to chat.

Either way, who's in?
Plus Movies Anywhere means you can have it digitally from your retailer of choice.

Thinking about watching A New Hope now...hehe.

And I did! It was pretty awesome to finally watch Rogue One and A New Hope back to back. I've been wanting to do that since Rogue One in theaters opening night.

I'll definitely be watching Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi later.

sphagnum

Banned
I'm down for a rewatch thread. Maybe throw in optional TCW and Rebels episodes in the days in between, though that makes it somewhat out of order.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I'm down for a rewatch thread. Maybe throw in optional TCW and Rebels episodes in the days in between, though that makes it somewhat out of order.

I could probably add a small resource section for any new or curious people. Maybe add the canon guide, I dunno.

Top Bottom