• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

kevin1025

Banned
Why the hell is it so hard to make a good SW game that's not Battlefront

The way it’s described in the press release, it’s reading like the fact that it’s a straight up single player action adventure game is a bad thing and so EA pulled the plug. I guess they want to have season passes and micro transactions throughout their products and it didn’t work here so it’s tossed aside.

The way it's described in the press release, it's reading like the fact that it's a straight up single player action adventure game is a bad thing and so EA pulled the plug. I guess they want to have season passes and micro transactions throughout their products and it didn't work here so it's tossed aside.

As someone that mainly plays single-player games, this sucks.

kevin1025

Banned
As someone that mainly plays single-player games, this sucks.

Same here, it's close to being the only ones I play. I'm the kind of person that buys multiplayer-focused games for the single player campaigns.

Just give me goddamn Jedi Knight 3

I'm hoping that it's what Respawn is making, a brand new Star Wars: Dark Forces game. But now I'm cross with EA, so it's probably not that and something terrible. :(

Hey you guys, I think we're in The Bad Place.

Za8T7Te.gif

Sayers

Seems like the entire video game industry is moving away from single player games. If that's the case, I guess I'll need to find a new hobby.

In the other thread, people are still not fans of the A Star Wars Story moniker. I will remind people here (as I did there), Rogue One wasn't actually called Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The A Star Wars Story bit only ever showed up in marketing (Posters, home video, etc.). In the movie itself, it was just Rogue One. I'm guessing LucasFilm uses the A Star Wars Story to get those out of the loop (that would not otherwise realize it's a Star Wars movie) into theaters, but once they're in the seats, the A Star Wars Story is no longer necessary.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Star Wars game

but this time it actually gets released.
It's not dead, just passed on to other devs.

1313 was just sad though.

Uncharted Star Wars is dead, though. Whatever they're doing now won't be a single player liner game.

Every time I see stuff about the Han Solo or Obi-Wan movies I feel disappointed. I hate to restart the "do original movies!" argument, but there are so many interesting ideas and concepts that would make fun, awesome movies, but because they don't feature characters the general public knows, they'll "only" make 500 and 600 million dollars instead of a billion, so Disney won't touch them.

Like, where's Thrawn: A Star Wars Story? Doctor Aphra and the Mysterious Temple of Mumbojumbo? The Old Republic: Origin of the Jedi?

Any of these ideas are far more unique than just using the same damn characters from 1977.

DJ's getting a one-shot comic next year.

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI – DJ #1
BEN ACKER & BEN BLACKER (W) • KEV WALKER (A)
Cover by JEFF DEKAL

When STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI takes theaters in FORCE (get it?) this December, Star Wars fans will get a peek into some new dark corners of the Galaxy Far Away... and out of one of those corners scuttles DJ, the mysterious character played by Benecio Del Toro! Who is this mystery man, and what put him in the path of our Resistance heroes? Join Ben Acker & Ben Blacker (Star Wars Join the Resistance, Star Wars: The Last Jedi – The Storms of Crait) and Kev Walker (Star Wars: Doctor Aphra, Darkhawk) as they reveal a day in DJ's life just before his appearance in the film! 32 PGS./Rated T... $3.99
Star Wars © Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. Used under authorization. Text and illustrations for Star Wars are © 2017 Lucasfilm Ltd.

STWTLJDJ2018001-MOVIE-1.jpg

Every time I see stuff about the Han Solo or Obi-Wan movies I feel disappointed. I hate to restart the "do original movies!" argument, but there are so many interesting ideas and concepts that would make fun, awesome movies, but because they don't feature characters the general public knows, they'll "only" make 500 and 600 million dollars instead of a billion, so Disney won't touch them.

Like, where's Thrawn: A Star Wars Story? Doctor Aphra and the Mysterious Temple of Mumbojumbo? The Old Republic: Origin of the Jedi?

Any of these ideas are far more unique than just using the same damn characters from 1977.

Lawrence Kasdan had agreed to write a Han Solo film a while ago. He was very keen to do it and it was part of the deal to get him to co-write TFA with JJ. The Obi-Wan spin-off was probably the most requested film from fans. There seems to be a real hunger for that movie. I agree it would be nice to see more of a focus on new characters though, and hopefully we will after the Obi-Wan spin-off.

Very interesting. They're really playing up the "mysterious DJ" angle, which makes me wonder who he really is. Then again, they did something similar with Lor San Tekka and two years later we still barely know anything about him or why he's connected to Luke and Leia, so who knows.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I can't to start getting some more New OT era comics and whatnot. I'd hope that The Last Jedi's ending allows for there to be a lot of media that takes place between TLJ and episode 9, it'll make the wait feel that much shorter if we're still getting story progression during the wait.

I can't to start getting some more New OT era comics and whatnot. I'd hope that The Last Jedi's ending allows for there to be a lot of media that takes place between TLJ and episode 9, it'll make the wait feel that much shorter if we're still getting story progression during the wait.

My gut feeling is that they'll be reluctant to do that, especially with JJ taking the reins on IX. I expect we'll see more sequel trilogy based media after IX has been released. I suppose it depends on the amount of time between VIII and IX too.

There's a far cry between

The Force Awakens, and..

The Force Unleashed

One is mythologically driven and has multiple meanings, one is fan fic tier action drivel. Can you spot them?
Yeah, you’re right, TFA is definitely fan fic tier action drivel. Shame JJ is doing another. RIP Star Wars.

TFA is like tied for my favorite Star Wars

Do they dye hair in the Star Wars universe?
Sabine from Rebels dyes her hair new colors like every season.

Surfinn

Yeah, you're right, TFA is definitely fan fic tier action drivel. Shame JJ is doing another. RIP Star Wars.

TFA is like tied for my favorite Star Wars

Wait what

I was saying that TFA was NOT that.. that The Force Unleashed is a bad title that is more about the shallow style of using the force, without having the mythological undertones of The Force Awakens

TFA is a great title

Gravidee

Do they dye hair in the Star Wars universe?

Sabine Wren from Rebels has a new hair dye/style each season. Also, I'm pretty sure there must have been a couple of folks with dyed hair in some of the background crowd shots of Coruscant in the prequels.

sphagnum

Banned
New screengrab of Holdo:

finl4bW.jpg

Here's hoping they don't pave over her characterization from the Leia book.

I would be surprised if Claudia didn't get pointers from Rian on writing Holdo since he helped her with the political situation in Bloodline. He was also talking about LPOA on his Twitter around the time it released. He's very obviously more interested in the books than JJ.

Top Bottom