• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Rebels (Final) Season 4 - October 16th

Can't wait! I appreciate that both trailers for this season stay away from the big "oh shit" moment- Ahsoka vs Vader, the reveal of Thrawn, Obi-Wan, etc- and are more focused on selling the emotion of the season.

Also wtf is going on with these wolves. There's obviously some importance, I just can't connect the dots on what it is.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Did Dave Filoni confirm that he's working on more SW stuff after this?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Kanan and Hera seeming to get more serious about a potential relationship that up to this point has only really been subtext is unexpected, but not entirely unwelcome.

Can someone explain to me why Bo Katan literally doesn't seem to have aged a day since Clone Wars? It's really distracting.

Also, why does the Star Wars franchise seem to have such an ongoing infatuation with Mandalore? It feels like that planet and its culture turns up ad-naseum in pretty much everything Star Wars related. As someone who's never been particularly interested in Mandalorian stuff since the Knights of the Old Republic games, I feel like its become really boring.

Yep, another animated show I think

100,000 galactic credits that it'll be a show detailing Luke, Han and Leia's adventures in a post-Return of the Jedi galaxy.

Crossing Eden

It's an animated show primarily aimed at kids.

It's a good trailer. Not quite as exciting as Season 3's but I hope it ends strongly.
So was CWs....
6d6da5be716324478efab338a48d2f5717bc1dfb_hq.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Final season is the perfect time to go dark considering the era.

Hagi

I hope they don't kill off Thrawn. Bringing him into the new canon just to end him in a kids show would bum me out. If any of the Jedi has to survive I hope it's Kanan, Ezra has never been interesting.

Kanan and Hera seeming to get more serious about a potential relationship that up to this point has only really been subtext is unexpected, but not entirely unwelcome.

Can someone explain to me why Bo Katan literally doesn't seem to have aged a day since Clone Wars? It's really distracting.

Also, why does the Star Wars franchise seem to have such an ongoing infatuation with Mandalore? It feels like that planet and its culture turns up ad-naseum in pretty much everything Star Wars related. As someone who's never been particularly interested in Mandalorian stuff since the Knights of the Old Republic games, I feel like its become really boring.

100,000 galactic credits that it'll be a show detailing Luke, Han and Leia's adventures in a post-Return of the Jedi galaxy.

Broadly, Mandalore has been popular with sections of the fandom for ages, as they represented a substantial 'third' faction in the standard Jedi-Sith/Republic-Empire dichotomy, particularly after Knights of the Old Republic.

In current canon, it's mostly because Mandalore got a lot of focus in the Clone Wars cartoon thanks to being led by Obi-Wan's love interest, and the planet/culture provide an easy template for exploring the impact of the Empire in the aftermath of the Clone Wars, as well as how a culture might be then made to align with the Rebellion instead, instead of having to create another to serve the same purpose. Additional benefits of having pre-existing material in the form of the Darksaber to provide a handwave for how one of our plucky young heroes can actually have enough clout to inspire such a defection.

I don't think there's actually that much beyond the animated series, mind, but it is a heavily a focus in said animated series.

Crossing Eden

Clone Wars was generally a lot darker than Rebels. It also wasn't on Disney XD.
Yea CN is genuinely way more lax about the content of their shows. CN was genuinely their most violent show ever. Just feels like Rebels is a bit of a missed opportunity with how "light" it is considering it's the height of the empire.

Drayco21

Trailer has me hyped. I'm gonna miss Kanan when he dies- he's become one of my favorites in the new canon.

Also gonna be pretty disappointed if they kill off Thrawn this early.

Trailer has me hyped. I'm gonna miss Kanan when he dies- he's become one of my favorites in the new canon.

Also gonna be pretty disappointed if they kill off Thrawn this early.

Maybe I'm too optimistic here, but after reading his novel I feel like there's no way they can kill off Thrawn. There's simply too much of his story hinted at in that book left to tell.

But who knows. Call me crazy.

Maybe I'm too optimistic here, but after reading his novel I feel like there's no way they can kill off Thrawn. There's simply too much of his story hinted at in that book left to tell.

But who knows. Call me crazy.
Nah, I think you're right. I'd be very surprised if he's killed off in this.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
NO clappyclap MORE clappyclap FILLER clappyclap EPISODES

Also, I hope for once, the tone of the trailer is reflective of what the show will be.

But lets be honest, it will still be super light hearted with 80% of the episodes being shitty filler ones.

A kid, who had been kidnapped dropped on a forest planet and hunted for sport.
CW could get dark as hell.

Visually speaking, this was probably the darkest thing they showed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KodF2w1JMwQ

Arttemis

Season 2 with Vader was the highlight of the show. I wish Maul didn't come back for no reason, and Thrawn has been horribly underutilized, and even Kanan's loss of vision has been hugely downplayed... but every scene with Vader had weight, a sense of loss, and tragedy. The show was missing that in S3, especially the finale.

I'm glad Thrawn is returning, since he's fully established as a tactical and perceptive leader. Hopefully, they'll capitalize on his skills and really pressure the early rebellion.

The events of Rogue One are listed in the original Star Wars movie as the Rebellion's first victory against the Empire, so I'd really like to see this show's final season push the element of desperation among those fighting on the losing side.

Cranster

Banned
I wish this wasn't ending yet. I enjoyed Rebels alot more than TCW, probably because it reminds more of the original trilogy rather than the prequel trilogy.

McNum

I hope the final episodes cross directly over with Rogue One. The Ghost was at the space battle. Chopper and Hera were both at Yavin IV.

I want to see the events of Rogue One from their perspective.

I hope the final episodes cross directly over with Rogue One. The Ghost was at the space battle. Chopper and Hera were both at Yavin IV.

I want to see the events of Rogue One from their perspective.
Filoni confirmed that you won't see the rogue one events in their perspective.

Crossing Eden

NO clappyclap MORE clappyclap FILLER clappyclap EPISODES

Also, I hope for once, the tone of the trailer is reflective of what the show will be.

But lets be honest, it will still be super light hearted with 80% of the episodes being shitty filler ones.

Visually speaking, this was probably the darkest thing they showed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KodF2w1JMwQ
Did this show not have a screening process good lord......

McNum

Filoni confirmed that you won't see the rogue one events in their perspective.
Aw. But then why namedrop "Stardust" and Krennic? I know the Rebels can't find out about the Death Star until Rogue One, but it would be nice to see what the Ghost crew are up to at that time.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Aw. But then why namedrop "Stardust" and Krennic? I know the Rebels can't find out about the Death Star until Rogue One, but it would be nice to see what the Ghost crew are up to at that time.

Who knows? Maybe they were building up to the Rogue One event before Disney informed them they had to wrap the show by the fourth season.

Hm, I'm curious of what time period they'll tackle next.

Almost certainly the new trilogy period. By the time the next series is ready to air we'll probably already have ep 9 out or at least very nearly. They will definitely at least know exactly where the story goes in time to account for it.

Arttemis

Almost certainly the new trilogy period. By the time the next series is ready to air we'll probably already have ep 9 out or at least very nearly. They will definitely at least know exactly where the story goes in time to account for it.

Or the time period between Ep 6 and 7.

chaos789

Banned
This off topic, but I noticed on Netflix that it says CW is leaving Netflix on Sept. 7th. So if anyone is currently watching CW on Netflix they might want to hurry up and watch them.

Top Bottom