• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Squadrons to run at 4k/60 and 1440p/60 on Xbox Series X/S, with 120fps modes.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Another spot on this one don't count check list for Sony fans I guess.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
You always come in hot laughing at whoever you're targeting, then type a bunch of nonsense, and then you realize you don't make any sense and act all insulted. It's real rich this number of yours.

I didn't insult you, but if you believe what I just said, then it's not really an insult and more of a correct classification.

"You and the red power ranger can laugh all you want. If you think Series S can run the game at 120 fps but the Ps5 can't then you're low IQ individuals and that's that."

Now since then people have said that the game can't run on PS5 at 120 FPS which is ridiculous imo, but notice I don't try to call people "low IQ."

Anyways,

Good day.

I made my comment before this was posted. There is zero reason to think this game can't run at 120 FPS.

vkbest

So it will be 4k@60fps on PS5?

Dynamic up to 4k 60fps if I’m not wrong.

Then probably the game will be 4k/60fps. 120hz mode maybe its not possible for the game being in BC mode. PS4 Pro didn’t have 120hz mode unlike Xbox One S and Xbox One X

"There's only one rule in this jungle. When the lion is hungry, he eats."

That's true. Messing with the market leader twice in a row around launch is definitely good for business. I don't think Sony will be looking at an apology tour from EA this time around.

Shitty company only surviving on its licensed IP's. I don't think Sony would even entertain them if not for FIFA in Europe. They've been trying to put their fingers on the lever wayyyyy too many times.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Tried it in VR on my brothers Quest 2 (via his laptop), it was one of them Wow gaming moments for me. Being a starwars fan just looking around the ships was amazing.

JCK75

I would think PS5 would get a touch of priority since they have a VR headset and IMO VR is where this game shines.

ethomaz

Banned
Then probably the game will be 4k/60fps. 120hz mode maybe its not possible for the game being in BC mode. PS4 Pro didn’t have 120hz mode unlike Xbox One S and Xbox One X
It is clear a new patch for Series X/S and running via BC PS4 Pro mode on PS5.

EA didn’t put a finger to patch the PS4 game for PS5.

Last edited:
Guess they didn't take time to patch this version. As a console war ammo, that's pretty poor.

?

So it will be 4k@60fps on PS5?

Dynamic up to 4k 60fps if I’m not wrong.

Correct, you'd imagine it will almost certainly run at 4k/60fps.

Missing the 120fps mode, but that's not a deal breaker for most (myself included)

Probably means Xbox get a patch, PS5 runs in BC mode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krisprolls

Banned
EA can't update Squadron res or fps without breaking compatibility with PSVR.

It's sad when you try to use that as console war ammo. Reeks of desperation.

Last edited:
Whatever
NT2Umq5.png
The game is actually alot better than that suggests...

Thirty7ven

Banned
Who is using it as console war ammo?

Can I ask you a question? Why did you have a problem with a correct title in the Jedi Fallen Order thread title, and now you create a thread title that excludes the Playstation 5?

What gives?

Andodalf, Soren01, maybe others. Didn't read every post in this thread.

Pretty easy to spot lol

Oh, thought you meant me for posting the thread.

Can I ask you a question? Why did you have a problem with a correct title in the Jedi Fallen Order thread title, and now you create a thread title that excludes the Playstation 5?

What gives?

Oh you mean I wrote Game Pass instead of Game Pass Ultimate? The two are often used interchangeably.

The article, and EA statement, both didn't list the PS4Pro resolution/frame rate. Blame them.

Weird your contributions here aren't trolling the Series S, as is the usual form... :pie_thinking:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Oh you mean I wrote Game Pass instead of Game Pass Ultimate? The two are often used interchangeably.

The article, and EA statement, both didn't list the PS4Pro resolution/frame rate. Blame them.

Weird your contributions here aren't trolling the Series S, as is the usual form... :pie_thinking:

Well but gamepass is one tier and ultimate is another, so when you say gamepass you mean one tier and not the other. They have different prices. If you're creating a thread to inform people then you should try to inform them correctly instead of spreading... incorrect information out of your own creation.

Regardless of the infor on PS4 Pro resolution/framerate, there's info out there you can research. Since you want to spread information and create threads, try to be less.... biased to a brand. The point is to inform.

I don't troll the Series S. It's a great option. I troll MS's PR.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

That's true. Messing with the market leader twice in a row around launch is definitely good for business. I don't think Sony will be looking at an apology tour from EA this time around.

Shitty company only surviving on its licensed IP's. I don't think Sony would even entertain them if not for FIFA in Europe. They've been trying to put their fingers on the lever wayyyyy too many times.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
EA can't update Squadron res or fps without breaking compatibility with PSVR.

It's sad when you try to use that as console war ammo. Reeks of desperation.

thats not even true. the ps4 pro version is already dynamic 4k. They could limit the fps for VR if it was needed but they just didnt think it was worth implementing 120 fps for what ever reason.

Not that huge of a deal

Well but gamepass is one tier and ultimate is another, so when you say gamepass you mean one tier and not the other. They have different prices. If you're creating a thread to inform people then you should try to inform them correctly instead of spreading... incorrect information out of your own creation.

Regardless of the infor on PS4 Pro resolution/framerate, there's info out there you can research. Since you want to spread information and create threads, try to be less.... biased to a brand. The point is to inform.

I don't troll the Series S. It's a great option. I troll MS's PR.

Look, you reported the thread titles and got them changed to your liking, I don't know what you have to complain about here.

I'm biased to a brand, certainly, but I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one making threads here who is that.

Polygon should have researched it and EA should have been specific. I only gave the details these sources gave. Sorry.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Look, you reported the thread titles and got them changed to your liking, I don't know what you have to complain about here.

I'm biased to a brand, certainly, but I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one making threads here who is that.

Polygon should have researched it and EA should have been specific. I only gave the details these sources gave. Sorry.

I'm biased too baby, clearly. Just asking you directly to do this bit a bit differently, I've done threads about Xbox before, or about both consoles before, and I remove my bias from its creation because this is Neogaf, not Xbogaf or Playgaf.

I don't care if you're biased, everyone is, people just lie about it.

Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned
thats not even true. the ps4 pro version is already dynamic 4k. They could limit the fps for VR if it was needed but they just didnt think it was worth implementing 120 fps for what ever reason.

Not that huge of a deal

I think it's harder to modify VR versions compared to standard games, you have to test again for illness with the headset and everything.

It makes sense to just add effects on that case instead of changing res or fps. It may be the reason here.

Psvr is not even really supported out of the box on PS5 anyway, you have to ask for an adapter... Not sure it made business sense for them to go further on PS5 version due to PSVR.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
This is a commentary on how each machine is handling backwards compatibility, maybe one is easier to work with than the other. Early gen we'll see this be a slight advantage, later gen we won't even know it existed. I guess it's more fun to fight over stupid shit right now though.

Mmnow

This isn't a big deal, but with that said there's a couple of points I want to make.

The first is if this is how some of you act when your console loses, get in for a rough gen. Xbox, on paper, is more powerful. There are going to be times when PS5 looks bad next to it (and vice versa).

Learn to take this gracefully or you're gonna give yourself an aneurism.

Secondly, not all resolutions are equal. Can't believe this has to be said on here, but 120fps on the S is easier than 120fps on the PS5.

All the "What's the point in the S when it's not next-gen" bullshit - well here it is. The point is you get all the advantages of the Series X at a lower resolution. When a dev focuses on framerate, both consoles benefit.

Now, with all that said, I don't think this comes down to raw power. Potentially, yes, but I suspect there's more to it.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
You're gunna freak when I tell you that some company openly addmitted to buying an entire game mode for a major title! And then for some other games just to not come out certain places for a year!

Guys XSX has a power advantage. This has been known
giphy.gif

Krisprolls

Banned
Ok Mmnow, so I guess tons of Xbox fanboys had aneurism too when Ubi announced every next gen game was same res / same fps on both platforms?

Multiplatform games will look and run the same, people will have to deal with it.

Handy Fake

This is an odd thing to hang your hat on. We know why it's at that resolution. We've known for bloody ages BC on PS5 would work like this.

SilentUser

That's pretty bad... for EA only. We all know how PS5 can run 120 fps games, despite some people trying to create a fuss here.

Top Bottom