• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - first gameplay footage

S1kkZ

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
The graphics have improved considerably.
still very janky animations (the arms). not impressed so far. the stupid story bothers me the most.
its so stupid, no wonder lucas approved it.

Zenith

Banned
anyone want to try giffing the slide, slash and light takedown of the robot for an "owned" gif or something?

I've held onto the first one because I sort of enjoyed it. I just hope they have a proper block and counter technique this time that goes being 'hold this button'.

V_Ben

Banned
It's looking pretty good. the animation is great, the weather looks nice and moody. It just needs some music in the B/G to feel right.

Khezu

That looks nice, visually at least. Doesn't look all that fun to play though. Also it really bugs me the way he holds his lightsabers.

I want a new jedi knight game...

Wait also, are those blue blasts he shoots supposed to be force push?

derFeef

Hm. Hm. Have not played much of the first game (bought PC version when it came out), but this looks allright. That sound effect when he channels the push bothers me a bit.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Man, the graphics look awesome! So smooth and no tearing! :D

That level reminds me a lot to a "tech demo" level they had from the first Force Unleashed, back then when they had the several characters ideas.

I really hope the game ends up more like DMC this time, I really want a "FREE STYLE" combo system compared to the dial up combo system it had in the last game. I want more freedom in my combos!

But so far so good, it looks awesome, going to get it day 1 for sure!

gibration

I think it looks great. The graphics, lighting, and animation seem to have really improved. Loved the first one too so definitely a must buy for me.

V_Ben

Banned
Green Scar said:
Looks good. Move support would be useful for this game I think, thought I'm not sure on the likelihood of that happening.

Imagine. 2 moves, one for each hand. And then you use the pseye to move around :lol

Grrrrrrr... my feelings are summed up in the "Rant against lucasarts" thread, but what I get from this gameplay video;

1) Still orbs coming towards you, giving you life/force power/energy/whatever? ffffffuuuuuu! How un starwarsy can you be! There are millions of more creative way they could have done that. even rechargehalo health, would have made more sense in the Star Wars context. Certainly more than in a Call of Duty setting!

2) The enemies look as weak, as ever. Your story is only as strong as your bad guys. some enemies were annoyingly hard in TFU because you had to kill them in stupid ways. The way you took down a AT-ST by button smashing away on its leg, until a QTE opened up... jesus christ.

3) The over the top factor of the game is so lol. It seems to continue to give it a shallow feel. A sense of invincibility.. no need to fear dying in the game, as starkiller does sh1t in the game at a pace, that makes him look ten thousand times as strong as vader or yoda. I mean - no pace in the gameplay. just run through the no-challening AI.

Imagine if this game had a design approach similiar to Demons Soul or Ninja Gaiden. If you didnt play as a over inviniclbe character, but someone with lots of weaknesses. It's so much more interesting, than this.
No weak spots. no kryptonite. just lol-hacking through the galaxy!

/Not optimistic so far!

ShockingAlberto said:
I see the lightsaber is still just a billyclub.

In Jedi Academy, the dual lightsaber had a very different gameplay style as compared to single and double bladed lightsabers. You moved faster/slower and had different reach depending on the style. But is having two lightsabers in TFU2 anything more then a bulletin point on the box? Cause I don't see the difference between the first and second game.

Blackface

Banned
I love how everyone says "The light saber is a billyclub"

As opposed to the giant hook knives on the end of chains, or a FUCKING GUN THAT SHOOTS YOU IN THE FACE(100 times before you die), like other games of this nature?

This game LOOKS amazing from a graphical standpoint. We will see how good it is from a gameplay standpoint when it comes out or more info is available. However the criticism that the lightsaber is just a billyclub as half of gaf faps over Bayonetta and God of War is absolutely hilarious.

Reknoc

Still looks fun, running around forcing people then beating them to death with rave sticks. Quite enjoyed the demo of the first game but never actually picked it up so maybe i'll just wait and see if this is an improvement.

Vigilant Walrus said:
/Not optimistic so far!

The game is called The Force Unleashed. What did you expect? It's all about using batshit insane Force powers to obliterate bad guys. But that doesn't mean it won't be challenging. I respect your opinions but most of your bitching in that post was really premature and quite unfair, especially based on a 30 second gameplay clip.

I do agree with you on QTE's though. They have to go. Please, developers, stop using QTE events. They're horrible and have never been done right. They're okay in Heavy Rain due to the game's cinematic structure but for action games, QTE's seriously destroy any momentum created from a battle.

brandonh83 said:
The game is called The Force Unleashed. What did you expect? It's all about using batshit insane Force powers to obliterate bad guys. But that doesn't mean it won't be challenging. I respect your opinions but most of your bitching in that post was really premature and quite unfair, especially based on a 30 second gameplay clip.

I do agree with you on QTE's though. They have to go. Please, developers, stop using QTE events. They're horrible and have never been done right. They're okay in Heavy Rain due to the game's cinematic structure but for action games, QTE's seriously destroy any momentum created from a battle.

I'm just generalising based on the clip and the first game.

more is less. How many times does it have to be said. Demon's Soul is challenging. Ninja Gaiden was challenging.

TFU?

RoboPlato said:
Dismemberment is a huge plus for this game.

Dismemberment is fun.

stormtrooper-violence-o.gif

Kinyou

Gameplay seems to be the same like in the first one, which is kinda meh...

However the graphics have improved dramatically O_O

Oli

Looks good. I never bought the first game, so I might as well wait for the second to jump in.

JdFoX187

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Dismemberment is fun.

stormtrooper-violence-o.gif
Would there really be blood considering the light saber is extremely hot and would sear the wounds immediately? Hence the reason no blood goes flying when Anakin gets his legs chopped off, or when Luke gets his hand lopped.

Top Bottom